What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pre-gaming for the 2015 Outdoor Season

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
and that is the problem. those animals will eat anything, and a lot of it!
i have tried building protection cages for the smaller plants, but my results were not really overwhelming.
also i have to mention this grow is a guerilla grow, so i can't go over the top with building, hauling stuff. i have to hike for 30 minutes up a mountain...
thanks for the input

yea man i understand and i know they will eat anything..only thing i have seen some guys do is a tree top grow but to me that just seems insane to try and climb a tree with a gallon of water..im getting to old to do that now lol..i seen u posted the dura marta in strain guide..i was just looking up info on that strain last nite..i love paradise strains that i have grown..i see u didnt have no mold on it either..did u use any prevention sprays or was it just a good hardy strain? this year will make my 3rd year growing the delahaze..i love this strain bc of the top quailty yeild it puts out..i got a jacky white that im gonna try this year along with my delas..will most likely add the durga marta next year since im full up this year

snuggles

yea man i understand and i know they will eat anything..only thing i have seen some guys do is a tree top grow but to me that just seems insane to try and climb a tree with a gallon of water..im getting to old to do that now lol..i seen u posted the dura marta in strain guide..i was just looking up info on that strain last nite..i love paradise strains that i have grown..i see u didnt have no mold on it either..did u use any prevention sprays or was it just a good hardy strain? this year will make my 3rd year growing the delahaze..i love this strain bc of the top quailty yeild it puts out..i got a jacky white that im gonna try this year along with my delas..will most likely add the durga marta next year since im full up this year

I didn't use any prevention sprays other than neem/water. Contrary to the info I had, Durga Mata finished early enough for where I live at. The plants had good sized dense buds and had no budrot or mold (it was a dry late summer/early fall). I'd say definitely have a go at it.

Team Microbe

Veteran
thanks for your reply.
i have already tried building cages for the small plants with not so good results (although my cages wer built differently...).
as for building bigger sturdier cages: since this is a guerilla grow, i have to be a bit careful about building and hauling stuff.

Yeah I hear ya, there are some sites that I can get away with driving my car into the woods to unload payloads and others like your mountain site that simply doesn't allow for that type of stuff. If I were you I'd consider finding the thickest brush possible and clearing out a patch inside of it. I've found that plants in these locations have a far less chance of getting chewed on by critters simply because it's virtually inhabitable lol. Like cut a path into the brush (or even a crawl path if you're stealthy like that) and then when you leave everytime pile up some native branches to make it look like it's not even there. The brush would also protect the one access path into that patch from critters.

Another idea is going all out with a machete, and building your own fence one day all native materials for the fence posts and fencing. Vines would work great here, and you can make a few rounds with them and then pile up brush against the fence to fill it in more. I've seen it done before, and they're the stealthiest grows imaginable because it's all native material - it literally blends right in from 30 ft away

snuggles

If I were you I'd consider finding the thickest brush possible and clearing out a patch inside of it. I've found that plants in these locations have a far less chance of getting chewed on by critters simply because it's virtually inhabitable lol. Like cut a path into the brush (or even a crawl path if you're stealthy like that) and then when you leave everytime pile up some native branches to make it look like it's not even there. The brush would also protect the one access path into that patch from critters.

This seems like a manageable plan in my case.
I have already been cautious with the spotting concerning paths those animals prefer. This seems like a logical next step.
Thank you for your input.:tiphat:

Team Microbe

Veteran
The suspense is killing me

The suspense is killing me

It's only February, and the guerrilla blood is already pumpin for me - I know I'm not the only one planning for this upcoming season already though.

Has anyone started scouting for new locations yet?

Tonight I found a promising looking area on Google Earth:

picture.php

This place is about an hour away, but it's so remote compared to my other locations and I have a good feeling the surrounding soil is rich from all of the waterways traveling through the forest. I'll have to go after the snow melts to scout on foot of course, but for now I've been doing what I can while being stuck inside all winter.

It really gives you a lot of time to think and tinker with your game plan I think, I despise winter but I like certain aspects of it like this one. I'm debating on investing in a kayak if I like this general area a lot, I'd really be able to get to some places that nobody else would go I think.

picture.php

This is a shot of the general area. As you can see, there were photos uploaded from the kayakers/boaters. This worries me in a way, but if they don't stop and explore the surrounding brush then I think I'll be fine. I would think that they stay in the kayaks all the way down, and if they stop it's just on the side of the stream for a moment. I'm not sure though, I've never kayaked before! Any advice folks? Do you think I can slip a few patches by the visitors in this National Park?

It's in a state park and a few roads like this run through the mountains, I see a lot of boat launches when I check out the street view on the road. So this place gets some human traffic, but I feel like a strategically placed patch would never get discovered - especially if I get a kayak. I checked out the few pics that were taken on this river outlet stream, and this is what I came up with:

picture.php

This place is beautiful, I don't think I would mind the hour drive to work every week either

picture.php

It looks like there's a lot of tall grass bordering these water ways. I wonder if I could dip into a skinny self-made path stemming off of the main channel and then push the grass back in place after leaving? It seems like the roots are well below the water surface so it might act like an evergreen branch and go back to it's original position after brushing by it.

picture.php

I see a lot of green growth in random patches along the stream side, does anyone have any idea what this could be? Grass? Bushes? I'll have to go by boat to find out, but a patch placed in the middle of one of these patches of dark green would do justice for any fly overs at the end of the season. This being an hour away - I need to make sure these plants will have water all season long so I'm going to down set and make sure they're able to drink from the moist soil bordering the stream. My only worry is too much water, I know this stream doesn't dry up bc it connects to a lake but I wonder how much it rises? Could be the difference between 10 lbs and 0 lbs...

Also, the date on the bottom of the google screen says these arial photos were taken mid-September, so this will be the color of the foliage in the most important of times. It's amazing how useful technology can be to the guerrilla - we would be so weak without it any of it.

I worry about rippers, but I have a feeling kayakers wouldn't know where to begin searching even if they were stoners. I wouldn't plant directly next to the stream, but in the middle of a dense cluster of bushes next to the stream would be ideal I think. The docking point / entrance path would also be hidden (jumping from rock to rock/log type deal) so there would be no cues as to where someone got out and parked a boat. If the native soil is rich like I predict, I'll only need to haul in amendments which would be more realistic with just a kayak. I could fit a 7 cu. ft. bale of rice hulls under the front portion of the boat too, to provide some aeration. I've never kayaked before but I wonder if there is a strong current here, I don't see any white water in the entire area but this wouldn't work if I can't row back to my launching point. I guess time will tell...

Any kayak guerrillas out there? I know TwoHeads operate like this, and I don't think they've ever gotten ripped by doing this type of grow.

Let's here from some of the guerrillas out there and their experience with getting to grow locations by water

two heads

Veteran
Hi Team Microbe,

I already PM'd you but for everyone else's benefit, here's what I had to say: "I actually don't use kayaks or canoes to get to my sites. Strictly mountain bike and on foot. I bring water shoes I change into when it get to the swamp's edge. Swamps are very secure locations but we were ripped off once. Not bad for almost 20 years of swamp growing but it was a result of leaving a too obvious trail into the swamp. Bullrushes and other swamp plants seem pretty sensitive to disruption. I try to enter the wetland directly into knee deep (or deeper water) which won't show signs of entry, or via fallen logs. If you hide you entry-exit point(s) well, you should be OK. Once you're in the wetland you can worry a bit less about leaving a trace of your path. Just make sure your entry is well disguised.

I do love the canoe/kayak idea though. Never any need to explain your presence. It's obvious you're out for a paddle. The mountain bike works well that way too. I just have to careful when I re-enter a trail from the bush around my wetlands. Same when you pull your boat in from the waterway I guess."

Looking at the photos snapped by paddlers I wonder if there is enough camo being provided by the reeds. I look for wetlands that are a mix of reeds (bullrushes - a sign of extensive water) and shrubs like dogwood that indicate a little higher ground. Plant around the shrubs and you keep the plants from getting too wet and also give them better camo if they get tall, which hopefully they will!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
It's only February, and the guerrilla blood is already pumpin for me - I know I'm not the only one planning for this upcoming season already though.

Has anyone started scouting for new locations yet?

Tonight I found a promising looking area on Google Earth:

View Image

This place is about an hour away, but it's so remote compared to my other locations and I have a good feeling the surrounding soil is rich from all of the waterways traveling through the forest. I'll have to go after the snow melts to scout on foot of course, but for now I've been doing what I can while being stuck inside all winter.

It really gives you a lot of time to think and tinker with your game plan I think, I despise winter but I like certain aspects of it like this one. I'm debating on investing in a kayak if I like this general area a lot, I'd really be able to get to some places that nobody else would go I think.

View Image
This is a shot of the general area. As you can see, there were photos uploaded from the kayakers/boaters. This worries me in a way, but if they don't stop and explore the surrounding brush then I think I'll be fine. I would think that they stay in the kayaks all the way down, and if they stop it's just on the side of the stream for a moment. I'm not sure though, I've never kayaked before! Any advice folks? Do you think I can slip a few patches by the visitors in this National Park?

It's in a state park and a few roads like this run through the mountains, I see a lot of boat launches when I check out the street view on the road. So this place gets some human traffic, but I feel like a strategically placed patch would never get discovered - especially if I get a kayak. I checked out the few pics that were taken on this river outlet stream, and this is what I came up with:

View Image
This place is beautiful, I don't think I would mind the hour drive to work every week either

View Image
It looks like there's a lot of tall grass bordering these water ways. I wonder if I could dip into a skinny self-made path stemming off of the main channel and then push the grass back in place after leaving? It seems like the roots are well below the water surface so it might act like an evergreen branch and go back to it's original position after brushing by it.

View Image

I see a lot of green growth in random patches along the stream side, does anyone have any idea what this could be? Grass? Bushes? I'll have to go by boat to find out, but a patch placed in the middle of one of these patches of dark green would do justice for any fly overs at the end of the season. This being an hour away - I need to make sure these plants will have water all season long so I'm going to down set and make sure they're able to drink from the moist soil bordering the stream. My only worry is too much water, I know this stream doesn't dry up bc it connects to a lake but I wonder how much it rises? Could be the difference between 10 lbs and 0 lbs...

Also, the date on the bottom of the google screen says these arial photos were taken mid-September, so this will be the color of the foliage in the most important of times. It's amazing how useful technology can be to the guerrilla - we would be so weak without it any of it.

I worry about rippers, but I have a feeling kayakers wouldn't know where to begin searching even if they were stoners. I wouldn't plant directly next to the stream, but in the middle of a dense cluster of bushes next to the stream would be ideal I think. The docking point / entrance path would also be hidden (jumping from rock to rock/log type deal) so there would be no cues as to where someone got out and parked a boat. If the native soil is rich like I predict, I'll only need to haul in amendments which would be more realistic with just a kayak. I could fit a 7 cu. ft. bale of rice hulls under the front portion of the boat too, to provide some aeration. I've never kayaked before but I wonder if there is a strong current here, I don't see any white water in the entire area but this wouldn't work if I can't row back to my launching point. I guess time will tell...

Any kayak guerrillas out there? I know TwoHeads operate like this, and I don't think they've ever gotten ripped by doing this type of grow.

Let's here from some of the guerrillas out there and their experience with getting to grow locations by water

i cant wait to get out there this year..i picked up alot of new tools and info to apply to my guerilla grows..soon as feb pass's i got 7 more holes to dig but already know the spots bc i scouted them last sept when all the trees has leaves on them..im always on the look out for a new guerilla spot lol its kinda got obsessive with me now..i will be driveing down the road looking around and all i can think about is "damn that would be a killer spot for 1-2 plants" lol
that spot u got there looks great man..when u see that green growth that tells u 2 important things no matter what it is growing there..1 that its got a good water source and 2 that the soil is in pretty good shape already..in the picture u have those red arrows to potential spots but as u said boaters or kayakrs travel there and have a chance to smell the plants if they stop to piss and walk off the stream to use the restroom..in my opinion i like the treeline in the pic all the way over to the right before it starts getting thick..that is a beautiful spot there though man looks ideal..

Team Microbe

Veteran
i cant wait to get out there this year..i picked up alot of new tools and info to apply to my guerilla grows..soon as feb pass's i got 7 more holes to dig but already know the spots bc i scouted them last sept when all the trees has leaves on them..im always on the look out for a new guerilla spot lol its kinda got obsessive with me now..i will be driveing down the road looking around and all i can think about is "damn that would be a killer spot for 1-2 plants" lol
that spot u got there looks great man..when u see that green growth that tells u 2 important things no matter what it is growing there..1 that its got a good water source and 2 that the soil is in pretty good shape already..in the picture u have those red arrows to potential spots but as u said boaters or kayakrs travel there and have a chance to smell the plants if they stop to piss and walk off the stream to use the restroom..in my opinion i like the treeline in the pic all the way over to the right before it starts getting thick..that is a beautiful spot there though man looks ideal..

Dude you read my mind, I was thinking the same thing after posting this last night. The tree line would be out of sight and I think it's generally south-facing so it could work. I gotta get there in person to see for sure though, I might scatter a few randoms along the stream if the cover is good enough and I have the option of ducking into the brush without leaving tracks...

ghostmade

Veteran
Kayak for the win!i e been thinking about this for a awhile and it makes perfect sense.i might do it.i have a location where it a 1 or 2 (if im packing in supplies) but it might take 30 mins tops rowing there i a boat or kayak. I'm thinking about making the DIY plywood boat. So I can fulfill my manly desire to craft a vessel with my bare hands.lol

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran

no experience but years ago there use to be a canadian (?) grower who kayaked down with bales of promix being towed behind with ghetto life jackets, you could buy a couple of cheap blow up rafts and tow them filled up + when done with them reflate them at your railway plots and use them as rezs.

how to you pivot down like that last picture in google earth ?

Team Microbe

Veteran
Kayak for the win!i e been thinking about this for a awhile and it makes perfect sense.i might do it.i have a location where it a 1 or 2 (if im packing in supplies) but it might take 30 mins tops rowing there i a boat or kayak. I'm thinking about making the DIY plywood boat. So I can fulfill my manly desire to craft a vessel with my bare hands.lol

:laughing: That would be a fun ass project though dude! I've been thinking about something a bit bigger instead of a kayak for hauling purposes, bc I won't be able to fit much inside the kayak besides my usual grow pack that I bring to the sites every visit.

no experience but years ago there use to be a canadian (?) grower who kayaked down with bales of promix being towed behind with ghetto life jackets, you could buy a couple of cheap blow up rafts and tow them filled up + when done with them reflate them at your railway plots and use them as rezs.

how to you pivot down like that last picture in google earth ?

Are you talking about BrownDirt Warrior? His video inspired me to do this as well, the only thing that sketches me out is being out there at night in the middle of bear country... but maybe if I could cover up the boat hauling supplies I could do it during the day time. I was planning on going at night though.

I love the blow up raft idea bro - brilliant! Would they be able to take a few rocks to the underside you think? I might just invest in a couple of those and a hand pump so I can carry one or two in my backpack. That would be amazing lol. My only worry is ripping it while I'm out there and having to hike a long way back to my entrance point. You would think that they're fairly durable though, no?

And what do you mean by pivot down? There are two sets of 4 arrows in the upper right hand corner of the screen on Google Earth, the bottom set moves you forward/backwards/left/right while the set above that (with the eye) changes your viewing angle. I think you're looking for that, correct me if I'm wrong...

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Dude you read my mind, I was thinking the same thing after posting this last night. The tree line would be out of sight and I think it's generally south-facing so it could work. I gotta get there in person to see for sure though, I might scatter a few randoms along the stream if the cover is good enough and I have the option of ducking into the brush without leaving tracks...

lol well u know what they say when that happens :laughing: that would be a perfect faceing hill then..the reason i use the treelines alot bc it leaves very little if any at all trails for the air pigs to see,but to be honest i fear budrot more then the pigs getting my stash 2nd to budrot is rippers then LEO..when i enter the woods i stay under the trees and pop out in spots or clearings to my plots..alot of my plots are identical to that.. they cant follow u from air if they cant see

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
:laughing: That would be a fun ass project though dude! I've been thinking about something a bit bigger instead of a kayak for hauling purposes, bc I won't be able to fit much inside the kayak besides my usual grow pack that I bring to the sites every visit.

Are you talking about BrownDirt Warrior? His video inspired me to do this as well, the only thing that sketches me out is being out there at night in the middle of bear country... but maybe if I could cover up the boat hauling supplies I could do it during the day time. I was planning on going at night though.

I love the blow up raft idea bro - brilliant! Would they be able to take a few rocks to the underside you think? I might just invest in a couple of those and a hand pump so I can carry one or two in my backpack. That would be amazing lol. My only worry is ripping it while I'm out there and having to hike a long way back to my entrance point. You would think that they're fairly durable though, no?

And what do you mean by pivot down? There are two sets of 4 arrows in the upper right hand corner of the screen on Google Earth, the bottom set moves you forward/backwards/left/right while the set above that (with the eye) changes your viewing angle. I think you're looking for that, correct me if I'm wrong...

i think hes talking about google earth going down to ground level..all i do is right click and move to whatever positon i want..i can zoom right in on my frontdoor

ghostmade

Veteran
16 footer would do the job. My main thing is being spotted and boarded by the Fish and Wildlife people.they got my power than the state trooprs.or a hero snooping on me.thats why night ops are best.and kayaks, fuck it."yes sir i found this drifting in the water".
Peat bail in heavy duty contractorbags,with some pole noodle pontoons on the inside.we all know howyou like to put that ducttape on the bales.lol (thanks for the idea btw).
Also t9wing shit ( especially not that hydrodynamic) greatly increases the drag,therfore in turn make it hard as fck to paddle a good distance.look into adding a trolling motor to the kayak. Also i feel u can put alot inside the kayak as far as tools,ferts,shit only thing i bring back and forward are my jugs with ipm and folar (ogbiowar) teas.evrything else get brought in and stored in a hole in the ground. Or tarped up if to be used entirely.0

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
ty lads got it sorted, didnt have terrain ticked.

been years since it was in a cheap blow up giggity, so long as your not going down rapids id think they'd be grand, being top heavy would be my worry.

do you use night scopes when you out at night?