What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pre-gaming for the 2015 Outdoor Season

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
hey Team microbe! i was doing more research and one old guerilla hamstring turned me on to this breeder and i found this outdoor strain called Heribei and it was bred for outdoor dutch climate here is the read on it..

"Heribei is made for the terrible wet and cold Dutch climate by Knutsel our personal dy hard outdoor grower. Much effort and time is putted in to make these seeds and tested them in outdoor set ups. Before releasing the Heribei is tested outdoor and indoor with the greatest satisfaction.
"Herijuana is know ed for here medical quality's, this combined with the powerful and also medical Ierdbei is making sure the heribei is very powerful medication. Heribei is very suitable for indoor growing and she gives A+ quality smoking gear.
This strain is a must have for outdoor growers !"

im gonna get it and run it next year so i will let u know how she does here my brother!! i have read so many great things about sanny but didnt know i could order from him and i assumed he only had regular seeds but he has this in the FEM line

Last edited:

GEMiNi GENETiCS

Hey man sorry to hear 1 of your spots were found out ... hopefully you didn't invest too much prep time. Better now then when you got girls planted.

I like your ideas and practices my man. Got me a seat and I'll be watching. Getting my leaf mold amended and composting down in my basement.

You might want to add 2-3cups rock dust/basalt per cu.ft. in each hole now to break down and be usable in the spring time.

Edit: are you doing soil samples in the spring to get a proper idea how to amend?

Last edited:

calirun

GSC won't yield that much, I assume those are for headsack purposes though. Mexicans sound like they lack quality, I would go with Pineapple Chunk, KC33, Blue Widow, or Spontanica for a cash crop.

a 3.8 cubic foot bale of promix comes out to 28 gallons, so about 3 of them would be ideal for a nice big hole if you're trying to yield a pound or more per plant. That's a lot less work than 45 holes, and cuts down on you being so vulnerable from the air if you're planting only 5-10 monsters. I like to do one monster per patch, maybe 2. Cannabis needs space to grow roots, and the more roots the more fruits :tiphat:[/QUOT

Thanks. I paid 22$ and got almost thirty. Got desperate cuz those Mexicans weren't getting here. The Mexicans they call them tres meses, which translates to three months in English. I'm assuming they finish in 3 months. I had heard of these plants from growers from Jalisco, Mexico, but these are hopefully from Oaxaca. Michiocan seeds have rudela (sorry spelling) genes so I hope they aren't coming from there. About the holes I kind of have partners who said fill up the plantation. Ha ha ha. When I grow personals I will make those holes you recommended. Heard people get close to 4 pounds in some places. Never seen it so don't qoute me. I per plant has been my goal since 1995. Lates

calirun

the person u want to quote just go to the post and beside it will say quote and then it will take u to bottom of the thread and just type out what u want to say..nice i have never grew any girl scout cookies guerilla style..hope they turn out good for u..i know one thing i always get a couple strains that has been proven outdoors and then add some new strains to my selection..the reason i do the proven ones as staples is to make sure i will get a harvest without budrot and other diseases bc if u have never grew a certain strain before guerilla style or know anyone that has then u will have no ideal how it will do out there and it could rot away and then u would end up without no smoke..

Ya disappointed on Girl Scout yield, but was only dude who came through. The seeded blue magic ounce was what I was going to send you, if you were interested. They grow in northern ca I believe don't know much about them. If you read my reply to microbe, you can see I was encouraged to fill up the plots so I'm taking any and all seeds. I've honestly had better luck with unknown seeds and accidental crosses and even an inter sexed plant that gave me one huge bud with seeds.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Ya disappointed on Girl Scout yield, but was only dude who came through. The seeded blue magic ounce was what I was going to send you, if you were interested. They grow in northern ca I believe don't know much about them. If you read my reply to microbe, you can see I was encouraged to fill up the plots so I'm taking any and all seeds. I've honestly had better luck with unknown seeds and accidental crosses and even an inter sexed plant that gave me one huge bud with seeds.

best to go with a few outdoor proven strains that dont mold like easy sativa,purple maroc,kc33,the church,frisen dew,heribrei- s a n n i e strain..and i found a outdoor breeder in pacific north west and u will have better results bro

calirun

best to go with a few outdoor proven strains that dont mold like easy sativa,purple maroc,kc33,the church,frisen dew,heribrei- s a n n i e strain..and i found a outdoor breeder in pacific north west and u will have better results bro

As soon as I get my 50 post ill pm you. Thise real dense buds you mentioned that might to get moldy interest me. This year a simple fog git my plants funky, but I suspect that oregon strain will give the elements a fight. Ya I agree on getting priven stuff but im limited by my location, lack of transportation, and lacking knowledge of technology.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
As soon as I get my 50 post ill pm you. Thise real dense buds you mentioned that might to get moldy interest me. This year a simple fog git my plants funky, but I suspect that oregon strain will give the elements a fight. Ya I agree on getting priven stuff but im limited by my location, lack of transportation, and lacking knowledge of technology.

well if u can get on here and chat u can order seeds and they the mailmain will hand deliver them to u and u can get whatever strain u want or get the ones previous in this thread a go

Team Microbe

Veteran
Hey man sorry to hear 1 of your spots were found out ... hopefully you didn't invest too much prep time. Better now then when you got girls planted.

I like your ideas and practices my man. Got me a seat and I'll be watching. Getting my leaf mold amended and composting down in my basement.

You might want to add 2-3cups rock dust/basalt per cu.ft. in each hole now to break down and be usable in the spring time.

Edit: are you doing soil samples in the spring to get a proper idea how to amend?

Thanks brother, it's all good though. I was pretty bummed out because that spot was amazing - the native plants were so healthy and so were any plants I brought in there. I was comfortable there too. But I've been searching google earth and have found a bunch of great spots along train tracks and behind farmers fields. I've got about 7 good bets to go explore on foot when the snow melts off, and then I'll start narrowing them all down to about 3-4 of the best sites.

I was planning on bringing in rice hull sacks (I found big 7 cu. ft bags) for aeration, peat bales (if native soil isn't ideal), and compost that I'll bag up in black contractor bags to transport in. I found good compost locally so I'll get a big pile dropped in my driveway and just bag it all up. I'm going to mix all of this with a nutrient kit that has worked for me well indoors - http://buildasoil.com/products/the-clackamas-kit
So I won't be testing that soil out, but if I do find native loam then I'll be testing that in order to cut down on the peat hauls.

I can't use the holes that I began composting before the snow fell because that's the site that was compromised, so I gave up on the prep for the most part because I only have one site to use as of now.

How do you amend the leaf mold exactly? Would you mind going through that process for me? I still have a bunch of lawnmower-chopped leaves bagged up in the backyard, if I can be doing something with em now then I will!

Oh btw, where do you send your samples in to get tested? I bookmarked a place called Logan Labs (from the BAS site) and they charge $25 per sample I think...

Team Microbe

Veteran
outdoor supply list

outdoor supply list

picture.php

I think I've got everything lined up for this spring, this month I'll be ordering/sourcing all of these materials to stock away until spring hits!

Is there anything I'm missing here guys? My budget is $3,000 so I have a little more wiggle room but not much...

I just popped Blueberry Headband beans along with the Holy Rhodi testers I bred last year outside:

I'm selecting a Blueberry Headband mother to clone from before May 30th hits, and testing the stability of the Holy Rhodi to see if they're worthy of running. Wish me luck! What's everyone else been up to so far? Has anyone popped beans yet for this upcoming summer??

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
whats in the ipm kit? what sizes are the rezs?

Acadian Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot

Neem Cake and Karanja Cake 50/50 Mix @ 1/2 cup per cubic foot

Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 cub per cubic foot

Gypsum Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Brix Blend Basalt @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Glacial Rock Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Oyster Flour @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

EDIT:
1 Ounce Aloe Vera
1 Pound Agsil16H
1 Pound Coconut Water Powder
Small Bag Malted Barley Seeds
1 Pint Ahimsa Neem Oil
8 ounces BuildASoil Essential Oil Blend with Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Thyme, Clover and Ginger Oils.

ya TM i had the CC kit on my mind lol i edited it thanks

Last edited:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
View Image

I think I've got everything lined up for this spring, this month I'll be ordering/sourcing all of these materials to stock away until spring hits!

Is there anything I'm missing here guys? My budget is $3,000 so I have a little more wiggle room but not much...

I just popped Blueberry Headband beans along with the Holy Rhodi testers I bred last year outside:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57557&pictureid=1349542&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50618&pictureid=1313500&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I'm selecting a Blueberry Headband mother to clone from before May 30th hits, and testing the stability of the Holy Rhodi to see if they're worthy of running. Wish me luck! What's everyone else been up to so far? Has anyone popped beans yet for this upcoming summer??
is that first pic of the blueberry headband? i cant wait to pop mine! i only got a 3 pack though to test out this year..i was eyeing that strain before i ever asked u about it and once u told me it was good i got it lol..i cant pop my beans though till around end of march and all will go to the spots on may 1..i still got 8 more holes to dig! digging the damn holes and packing in the soil is the hardest part once we get that out the way its pretty much smooth saleing in terms of labor :woohoo:

Team Microbe

Veteran
whats in the ipm kit? what sizes are the rezs?

The Integrated Pest Management Kit contains:

1 Ounce Aloe Vera
1 Pound Agsil16H
1 Pint Ahimsa Neem Oil
8 ounces BuildASoil Essential Oil Blend with Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Thyme, Clover and Ginger Oils.

It's everything one would need for weekly/biweekly foliar sprays pretty much, check it out - http://buildasoil.com/products/complete-ipm-kit

(I think Kygiacomo was talking about the CC Nutrient Kit by accident)

The res sizes will be 3'x3'x3' and 3'x5'x3' depending on how soft the ground is/big the plot is at the given site.

is that first pic of the blueberry headband? i cant wait to pop mine! i only got a 3 pack though to test out this year..i was eyeing that strain before i ever asked u about it and once u told me it was good i got it lol..i cant pop my beans though till around end of march and all will go to the spots on may 1..i still got 8 more holes to dig! digging the damn holes and packing in the soil is the hardest part once we get that out the way its pretty much smooth saleing in terms of labor :woohoo:

Nah the first pic is a preggy Church female with Purple Rhodi pollen - with Holy Rhodi beans inside awaiting discovery :biggrin:

Nice man, I have like 4 myself actually. I hear ya on the labor factor, it's def intense and takes a lot out of you. I usually prep meals for the week so I can intake enough calories for the increased work load, and just munch DOWN while getting in a good work out. This year I'm gonna get in shape beforehand so I don't get hit hard the first week of work... last year it was hard because I had to rest a week and it wasted precious time!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
The Integrated Pest Management Kit contains:

1 Ounce Aloe Vera
1 Pound Agsil16H
1 Pint Ahimsa Neem Oil

It's everything one would need for weekly/biweekly foliar sprays pretty much, check it out - http://buildasoil.com/products/complete-ipm-kit

(I think Kygiacomo was talking about the CC Nutrient Kit by accident)

The res sizes will be 3'x3'x3' and 3'x5'x3' depending on how soft the ground is/big the plot is at the given site.

Nah the first pic is a preggy Church female with Purple Rhodi pollen - with Holy Rhodi beans inside awaiting discovery :biggrin:

Nice man, I have like 4 myself actually. I hear ya on the labor factor, it's def intense and takes a lot out of you. I usually prep meals for the week so I can intake enough calories for the increased work load, and just munch DOWN while getting in a good work out. This year I'm gonna get in shape beforehand so I don't get hit hard the first week of work... last year it was hard because I had to rest a week and it wasted precious time!

haha i hear ya man..i felt like i jumped off a 10 story building onto the concrete LOL..i was sore in places i never knew i had mucles at..i didnt my growing partner with me at first last year bc he was in the hospital to have surgery..im gonna do a test this year on 2 holes there is a small swamp that was made bc of coal companys builds ponds of water and then fill them in a bit..this one here lies at the bottom of the hill and all the run off comes to it so there is trees and everthing growing in it now..im gonna take a tire and build me a mound around it and then set my plant down inside that and see if it will grow its run down into that..i wanna make sure i get a nice thick layer of dirt around it though..

thats a nice looking cross u made then..i cant wait to see how this church and blueberry headband turn out this year..i will prolly keep the BBHB for my headstash..my fav strain of all time right now is the super lemon haze! its got the most lemon flavor i have ever tasted..i let a few bags of it go to close buddys and they aggrvaited the hell out me wanting to know if i could get anymore of that.

snuggles

if anyone has a solution for goat control, please do share.
in my neck of the woods there are a lot of wild chamois (wild goats).
i usually put my plants out in late march/early april (i live at ca. 1200m alt.).
if my luck is bad, then those animals eat almost every fresh branch of the plants (even if the plants get bigger and start producing resin).
and because i don't want to depend on luck i have tried numerous strategies...
deer-control products have not worked and neither has dogpiss or human clothes (scent), cages...you name it.
so any help would be very appreciated!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i usually put my plants out in late march/early april (i live at ca. 1200m alt.).
if my luck is bad, then those animals eat almost every fresh branch of the plants (even if the plants get bigger and start producing resin).
deer-control products have not worked and neither has dogpiss or human clothes (scent), cages...you name it.
damn man i just did a search on goat control and only thing i seen that said they can control them is hunting/shooting them..that doesnt even sound feasible to me for a proper protection..is there any kind of deer netting that u could use and stake the fence down from the top to bottom so they cant get in the area u grow? i do know one thing goats of any kind will eat any and everthing includeing thorn thickets to tree bark..here in the country where i live alot of farmers use goats to clear steep hillsides and they do a better job then a man with a weed trimmer

Team Microbe

Veteran

Making cages to keep animals away :tiphat:

snuggles

damn man i just did a search on goat control and only thing i seen that said they can control them is hunting/shooting them..that doesnt even sound feasible to me for a proper protection..is there any kind of deer netting that u could use and stake the fence down from the top to bottom so they cant get in the area u grow? i do know one thing goats of any kind will eat any and everthing includeing thorn thickets to tree bark..here in the country where i live alot of farmers use goats to clear steep hillsides and they do a better job then a man with a weed trimmer

and that is the problem. those animals will eat anything, and a lot of it!
i have tried building protection cages for the smaller plants, but my results were not really overwhelming.
also i have to mention this grow is a guerilla grow, so i can't go over the top with building, hauling stuff. i have to hike for 30 minutes up a mountain...
thanks for the input