What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pre-gaming for the 2015 Outdoor Season

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
@giacamo. Thanks and also was recommended the shit. I worked with thoroughbreds and once it mixes with either straw or shavings it retains moisture. Would it need to be dry like chips? Also someone mentioned gypsum but I already use well water that has lots of calcium in it.. I'm growing some kind of diesel, but looking to get some bag seeds. They seem to be mold resistant and even heard some of those strains were cross bred with rudelas. Not sure if one year my plant was intersexed or was pollinated by a mex. Male but I got one bud with a bunch of good seeds. What exactly are mg sticks?

MG sticks are mircale grow sticks that have NPK in them and as it rains it will release that into the ground..i only use them way before i take my plants there to help get the soil more fertail if im growing in a shitty soil place like u are..u can get them at walmart or lowes..they are like 3-4$ for 30 sticks

calirun

Thanks bro. Don't know if we get enough rain here to cool the ground like you previously stated. You wouldn't happen to have any regular seeds you might want to get rid of? Really no point buying 80 $ seeds if the soil is going to be wack. Trying to grow 45 + this year .

Man it's unreal someone found your spot bro, you did everything perfect as far as covering your ass, it's just that you can really never predict where someone is gonna tread. I like winter prep too but one thing to remember is it increases the chances of your site being found. I have 3 sites, one in a field in the middle of nowhere, one in a swamp using tubes (you are right about that water being natural protection), and one in the woods. Love your duct tape tote straps, so thanks for that tip. One other thing...
Those field cams and the SD memory can get you busted if you are not careful. I swap memory when I go to my sites and I make sure I turn off the cam from behind before it takes a pic of ME. Even when you format the SD memory using a camera, it simply removes the file that points to your images, and not the images themselves...that is unless you do a full (not a quick) format on a PC, using FAT32 file system. LEO can easily retrieve those deleted pics if you don't...after the format make sure it never takes a pic of you or you'll need to re-format.
GREAT THREAD BTW...

calirun

First time I prep in winter, but have to set up since there are a bunch of fallen trees. I wonder if I should stand some of these up to make viewing into the canyon difficult? Think I'm going to space my visits but with today's rain now I'm starting to fear my plants washing away.

solofoe

Where are the best local places to get bails from any big names? Pikes and home Depot and lowes seem a bit commercial and expensive.

calirun

Where you at? Tryfarms ranches, chicken plants etc.. you can get fertz, but they usually have mulch and top soil from maintaining their operations. Also large land owners should have some natural compost, mulches somewhere in their land. Anybody here start a worm farm or nightcrawler section to later implement them to their soil , plantation?

Team Microbe

Veteran
Thanks bro. Don't know if we get enough rain here to cool the ground like you previously stated. You wouldn't happen to have any regular seeds you might want to get rid of? Really no point buying 80 $ seeds if the soil is going to be wack. Trying to grow 45 + this year .

If your soil is wack I would fix that problem before doing anything my man. You would crop out 10x as much if you put effort into your holes and make them as big as possible, with quality genetics. I'm talking 5 holes that are 100 gallons each... you'll yield around a pound per hole and do far less work than planting 45 scragglers that are of average quality. I wish I had some seeds for ya but I don't at the moment :/

Man it's unreal someone found your spot bro, you did everything perfect as far as covering your ass, it's just that you can really never predict where someone is gonna tread. I like winter prep too but one thing to remember is it increases the chances of your site being found. I have 3 sites, one in a field in the middle of nowhere, one in a swamp using tubes (you are right about that water being natural protection), and one in the woods. Love your duct tape tote straps, so thanks for that tip. One other thing...
Those field cams and the SD memory can get you busted if you are not careful. I swap memory when I go to my sites and I make sure I turn off the cam from behind before it takes a pic of ME. Even when you format the SD memory using a camera, it simply removes the file that points to your images, and not the images themselves...that is unless you do a full (not a quick) format on a PC, using FAT32 file system. LEO can easily retrieve those deleted pics if you don't...after the format make sure it never takes a pic of you or you'll need to re-format.
GREAT THREAD BTW...

Yeah I can't believe it happened either, I should've known too. I remember seeing a trail go through there last fall but wasn't sure if they would return. I guess I set up, grew those crops and harvested before they ever came back. Must have been a hunter that goes there once a year... sometimes that's all it takes though I guess! I only need a few 10'x10' patches to get the weight I need to carry me through the next year, so that won't be a problem to find before spring rolls on in I think. I did it last year so I'll do it again.

I didn't know about that SD card capability. I think it was just a hunter, not sure if he called LEO yet but I'm sure he didn't and just took the cam to send a message. There were def face shots on there though, I'd just delete them before I left the site every time. Guess I shouldn't have ripped his Posted signs down upon leaving there for the last time :laughing:

I didn't know about that SD card capability. I think it was just a hunter, not sure if he called LEO yet but I'm sure he didn't and just took the cam to send a message. There were def face shots on there though, I'd just delete them before I left the site every time. Guess I shouldn't have ripped his Posted signs down upon leaving there for the last time :laughing:

Well as long as no weed was growing they can't get you for anything, but yeah I recommend at least 2 SD memory cards, swap em out every time and make sure they never take a shot of you.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Well as long as no weed was growing they can't get you for anything, but yeah I recommend at least 2 SD memory cards, swap em out every time and make sure they never take a shot of you.

True. I never had the camera pointed at the patch for that reason mainly, so I'm glad you reminded me about that. I gotta look into this whole SD card thing and learn how to wipe them clean, because I just delete files from it and use them for everything. Wouldn't be surprised if my indoor show turned up on there if they actually looked into it...

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
True. I never had the camera pointed at the patch for that reason mainly, so I'm glad you reminded me about that. I gotta look into this whole SD card thing and learn how to wipe them clean, because I just delete files from it and use them for everything. Wouldn't be surprised if my indoor show turned up on there if they actually looked into it...

download sd formatter V 4.0 (free)
install it.
use option: FULL (OverWrite)
they will be wiped after that.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
@giacamo. Thanks and also was recommended the shit. I worked with thoroughbreds and once it mixes with either straw or shavings it retains moisture. Would it need to be dry like chips? Also someone mentioned gypsum but I already use well water that has lots of calcium in it.. I'm growing some kind of diesel, but looking to get some bag seeds. They seem to be mold resistant and even heard some of those strains were cross bred with rudelas. Not sure if one year my plant was intersexed or was pollinated by a mex. Male but I got one bud with a bunch of good seeds. What exactly are mg sticks?

hey bro i only got just enuff for my guerilla grow..u can order some quailty genetics online from several good seedbanks..shoot me a PM and i will tell u which to use with the best deals..dont buy into the hype strains that are like 150$ a pack..i have had better results from packs that cost 25-50$ then i have 150-200$ packs..Team microbe is correct about the soil being correct and u will yeild alot more that way then doing 45..i can only grow 15 plants myself and that is damn hard work..i couldnt imagine growing 45 bc when mid summer gets here those plants will needs lots of water and u will be over whelmed imo..i would rather do smaller numbers with bigger yeilds of quailty stuff then to do 45 plants with average yeild and poor soil bc as said u will get alot more from the ones that u can actually prep..i have invested right around 700$ in my seeds,soil,soil admendments,beneficial microbes for soil and organic potting mix..

calirun

Ya thanks. Just scored girl scout seeds, waiting on 30 Mexicans, and some dude has some blue magic bag seeds. I tried to reply to microbe but had phone issues. Hr makes sense but I can't figure out what 100 gallon would look like in square feet. How do you quote on this site BTW? I've already grown 34 but ya none yielding a lb.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Ya thanks. Just scored girl scout seeds, waiting on 30 Mexicans, and some dude has some blue magic bag seeds. I tried to reply to microbe but had phone issues. Hr makes sense but I can't figure out what 100 gallon would look like in square feet. How do you quote on this site BTW? I've already grown 34 but ya none yielding a lb.

the person u want to quote just go to the post and beside it will say quote and then it will take u to bottom of the thread and just type out what u want to say..nice i have never grew any girl scout cookies guerilla style..hope they turn out good for u..i know one thing i always get a couple strains that has been proven outdoors and then add some new strains to my selection..the reason i do the proven ones as staples is to make sure i will get a harvest without budrot and other diseases bc if u have never grew a certain strain before guerilla style or know anyone that has then u will have no ideal how it will do out there and it could rot away and then u would end up without no smoke..

calirun

Supppsedely homie can give me an ounce of seeded blue magic bud. I can send you a nug so you can see what your growing. If you like the product and the seed helps you hills !!

calirun

Meant to say holler. Apparently I can't edit my post. I got some diesel and girl scout mix with why I got or else I would send some. If you can recognize them I'll upload a pic and I'll shoot you some.

Team Microbe

Veteran

GSC won't yield that much, I assume those are for headsack purposes though. Mexicans sound like they lack quality, I would go with Pineapple Chunk, KC33, Blue Widow, or Spontanica for a cash crop.

a 3.8 cubic foot bale of promix comes out to 28 gallons, so about 3 of them would be ideal for a nice big hole if you're trying to yield a pound or more per plant. That's a lot less work than 45 holes, and cuts down on you being so vulnerable from the air if you're planting only 5-10 monsters. I like to do one monster per patch, maybe 2. Cannabis needs space to grow roots, and the more roots the more fruits :tiphat:

St. Phatty

The train-track thing is AWESOME !

I have some dollies that are similar.

I like the idea of planting "Lizard Tail" gardens.

LEO loves to report that they bagged a 100 plants in park X when all they got is 3 or 4. (I know it happened to me, and I saved the newspager article !)

So ... why not plant a garden for LEO to harvest ? then they meet the numbers, burn time ripping out the garden, and it increases the chance of them not finding the REAL garden.

Sort of going off on a tangent I guess. :dance013:

Anyway, beatiful operation man ! :tiphat:

Might make a good Youtube video. There is no way for LEO to stop people with your dedication, and the dedication in general of guerilla growers.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Meant to say holler. Apparently I can't edit my post. I got some diesel and girl scout mix with why I got or else I would send some. If you can recognize them I'll upload a pic and I'll shoot you some.

ya mate as team microbe said the GSC wont yeild much and i only do a few strains for my headstash and i do big producers like delahaze,kc33,the church as cash crop..im also gonna be giveing the strain called incrediable bulk a run and see how she does as well since she suppose to be a monster producer..next year though im gonna run 3 kc brains strains..the kc33,TNR and spotnica since they are all outdoor strains..i got critical jack freebies as well and im gonna plant that to see what it does..the best thing i can tell u is make sure u do some proven strains that can handle guerilla style growing and then get some others to try out bc u never know how those will do and u dont want to work with 1 strain that u have no ideal about bc bud rot is a bitch and so is leaf spot

Latest posts

Latest posts