What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

xtsho

A friend that's growing some of my stuff sent me a couple photos of the Durbistan growing in the ground. Makes me jealous looking at my small plants in three gallon pots. But It's nice to see his plants doing so well. He's done a great job keeping the plants nice and healthy. He referred to the colas as baseball bats.

For reference that's an 8 ft ladder.

durbistanground1.jpg

durbistanground2.jpeg

xtsho

The good thing about having smaller plants in pots is that I can put them under cover for the unexpected thunderstorm. We just had one come through. Thunder, lightning, rain, and some extremes winds. Took down the Mullein. I had already brought the plants inside but they would have gotten mangled had I not. It got pretty sporty for awhile as the thunderstorm rolled in. Had some pretty extreme wind gusts and downpours.

mulleindown.jpg

Holyherb420

Veteran
Little bastards they are starting to eat at the base of my leaves and killing whatever leaf they dig at. I hate them
Crazy looking nodes on my Purple satellite plants. @Holyherb420 look closely at the back right of bottom of the upper node see that little bastard .I didn't notice till I was editing the pic , later I'm out there spraying some Bt and I look and their they are starting a hole.I think I'm gonna try some Tree tanglefoot on the bace of the stem. The only thing is I got to do all the plants that touch and be sure there's no weeds touching , the little bastards are persistent and will find another way up. View attachment 19047751

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The garden is taking shape, the plants have filled most of the gaps in the canopy so should have a pretty good yield! The LORD blessed us with some much needed rains this week starting thursday! Got over 0.7 inches rain so didn't have to water. Fertilizer seems to be helping. The plants still had some yellow lower leaves and had dropped some, but its usual. They sacrifice the lower leaves since its heavily shaded due to the canopy of foliage above.

Going to watch them, may apply a little more cottonseed meal or alfalfa meal next weekend if needed. Would like to use something with more quick release. The plants are getting hungry this time of year! Especailly when it dries out!

Seeds are on the way, should be a good lot since used more males this time. Was able to smell some of the more developed plants during inspection. Seeing some diversity in phenotypes. Some are pine, some are more fruity floral smell. Some plants are more open in structure, some are more compact in growth, some have high density flowers, some have less dense flowers.

Allowing for some diversity is important to be able to maintain the line without too much inbreeding isues. Its fine to have diversity as long as it fits within the confines of the line. Poor performers should be rouged from the line. Work with what you have even if its not the most perfect plant every time. As selections are made for seed each year, thats how improvements are made in the line for cannabinoid and terpene profile.

Certainly making some headway with this line with God's help. A friend of mine will be testing some locally outdoors next year! :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

Seeds developing
full

full

Front of the garden

full

SCC original phenotype with red coloration on leaf petioles and stem
full

SCC orginal flower development
full

Plant with curling leaves likely due to root issues from being planted too close to the edge. It was a younger seedling and was squeezed in. It ended up growing well! :smoke:

full

Tall plant at the back developing well

full

Plant with aggressive course serration on leaf margin

full

Close up of leaf showing abnormal serration. Plant has a little different smell on the stem rub, watching this one. Light/fresh and aeromatic
full

Close up of abnormal serration
full
Plants are doing well, got some rains which helped feed the plants this week. Getting some good smells out there, some pine, some fruity floral! Some flowers are dense and about 3/4 inch at the top! Seeds are ripening! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got to feed the predators as well as the plants. Just add it to the list, whatever works to make sure the plants are happy. Do you spray with Bt? I guess BT doesn't work on mites though does it?

Are they starting to flower yet?
A couple days ago I transplanted all my little hashplants into 3L (<1gal) pots. View attachment 19047923

I released some Californicus predators as a preventive for spidermites. I also sprinkled some cider pollen that I collected in the spring to keep the predators fed when they can't find spidermites. I started doing this last year and didn't have to reintroduce any predators after that.
View attachment 19047924

Today it's raining yet again. So far this has been the mildest, cloudiest summer that I can remember in recent times in my area. Very thankful to be able to catch a breath after the last few suffocating summers.

View attachment 19047925

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 19050078
Little update on the girls. That mango Mintality is at about 12 ft
Going to get plenty of rosin out of that garden! Do you make edibles? Should try the infused coconut oil capsules.

So the ants are climbing the plants and attacking them as a swarm?

Ants are going crazy with the heat this year.

Do you fresh freeze a lot of it or how do you harvest?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A friend that's growing some of my stuff sent me a couple photos of the Durbistan growing in the ground. Makes me jealous looking at my small plants in three gallon pots. But It's nice to see his plants doing so well. He's done a great job keeping the plants nice and healthy. He referred to the colas as baseball bats.

For reference that's an 8 ft ladder.

View attachment 19049862
View attachment 19049863
Those are some big colas! Some plants grow longer colas, some have more short branches. What is the genetic background on that? Really early! I guess will be harvested mid to late september? Those grew tall quickly with a shorter vegetative stage.

xtsho

Those are some big colas! Some plants grow longer colas, some have more short branches. What is the genetic background on that? Really early! I guess will be harvested mid to late september? Those grew tall quickly with a shorter vegetative stage.

It's a hybrid of Durban and Pakistani Chitral Kush I spent a few years working on. That's how I came up with the name Durbistan. I wanted something of my own that could grow outside and finish here in the PNW. I'm happy with how it turned out.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Got to feed the predators as well as the plants. Just add it to the list, whatever works to make sure the plants are happy. Do you spray with Bt? I guess BT doesn't work on mites though does it?

Are they starting to flower yet?
BT doesn't work on spidermites as far as I know, no. I spray BT a couple of times whenever I can't take care of a budworm infestation by hand.

I'm waiting for September 1st to switch them to flower. I like even numbers because it's easier to count the days of flower lol.

Holyherb420

Veteran
Going to get plenty of rosin out of that garden! Do you make edibles? Should try the infused coconut oil capsules.

So the ants are climbing the plants and attacking them as a swarm?

Ants are going crazy with the heat this year.

Do you fresh freeze a lot of it or how do you harvest?
Actually i wouldnt mind trying that with all the hash rosin pucks and food grade hash i have. I have some in the freezer i have no idea what to do with.

Ill get better pics of their damage but they look like they are feeding/drinking from the holes they make.

Yeah ill trim in my cold room at about 36ish then freeze it all. wish i had a -86 lab freezer to freeze them quicker but cant justify the cost…yet lol

Latest posts

Latest posts