What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a task though, lots of foliage. I can tell when the plant doesn't look normal. They also leave behind frass. Does bt work for stem borers?

Old Piney

Its a task though, lots of foliage. I can tell when the plant doesn't look normal. They also leave behind frass. Does bt work for stem borers?
I believe it does work with stem bores as well. Once the caterpillars bore in it's game over the damage is done. If you really want to be safe just spay BT every two week from hear tiil almost harvest with the bores sometimes I get them with a pin when I see the grass. I'm sure they start by just walking around too when they are real little and the BT will get them

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
A couple days ago I transplanted all my little hashplants into 3L (<1gal) pots.
IMG_20240812_094812.jpg

I released some Californicus predators as a preventive for spidermites. I also sprinkled some cider pollen that I collected in the spring to keep the predators fed when they can't find spidermites. I started doing this last year and didn't have to reintroduce any predators after that.
IMG_20240814_084611.jpg

Today it's raining yet again. So far this has been the mildest, cloudiest summer that I can remember in recent times in my area. Very thankful to be able to catch a breath after the last few suffocating summers.

IMG_20240813_175356.jpg

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
View attachment 19048067
Would baking soda spray harm my true bugs
What do you mean by true bugs?

Sorry I'm a little stoned, I assume you are referring to friendly bugs? Like bees etc? In that case I would think it definitely could harm the population of beneficials.

Are you sure those are fungi on the leaves in your picture? Because I think that could just look like an old leaf that ends up looking ugly. Did you see more fungal damage? Like a lot of leaves affected, spots on the stems, dried or rotten buds, things like that? Or just a couple of leaves like that?

Edit - Because I would consider normal finding a few leaves like that mid flower

Last edited:

Old Piney

View attachment 19048067
Would baking soda spray harm my true bugs
I've sprayed with about a 1/2 tsp in a guart of water to control powdery mildew it works well. From what I've read it just helps raise the ph and is good for preventing some fungus. I'm not sure what you got going on there, you think it's a fungus? I didn't get the bugs thing I doubt it would harm them might need a guinea pig ,if any thing I'm sure it would be their larva or eggs to be concerned about

Last edited:

Rodehazrd

Yeah true bugs like ladybugs and army bugs wasps. I got A a good balance now just seeing som aphid signs and the locals are eating them up I often start a horticultural oil now like green clean but it’s likely to suffocate everything.
Thanks reveg it’s only on one plant the tail skinny Runtz the other two were bushy phenotype and had no issues so far. None on the Durban either.
I did clean up underneath some maybe 30 leaves looked bad with spots and some holes

xtsho

I'm pleased at the flowering progress so far with the Durbistan. Should finish October/early October. Some of the lower leaves are starting to yellow. I've been feeding MaxiBloom every couple of waterings for a couple weeks but it looks like I could have started sooner.

It's been a hot summer and watering multiple times a day with only 3 gallon pots has likely washed much of what fertilizer I mixed in with the soil away.

The clones I took and rooted in a jar of water have been potted in soil and are indoors under 18/6 in the veg tent. I'm going to mix up some STS and reverse one and make feminized seeds for some of my friends for next summers grow.

durbistanA08152024.jpg

durbistanB08152024.jpg

DurbistanC08152024.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 19048066 View attachment 19048066 Finally the mushroom season climbed up on my ridge I waited a little late to clean the inside of this Runtz most of these are ones I would have cut had I lollipop sooner
Had some leaves that looked like that. Just a couple lower leaves. I thought it could be root issues. Did you top dress with anything? Almost looks like a fertilizer burn since necrosis from the leaf tip, but the yellowing around the border of the disease can indicate an active infection of the leaf.

Must have been dry I assume. Those are in tubs and the top root system is prone to drying out. Plants are drinking down water now. Will need to water this weekend again, but haven't for much of the year!

Rodehazrd

Had some leaves that looked like that. Just a couple lower leaves. I thought it could be root issues. Did you top dress with anything? Almost looks like a fertilizer burn since necrosis from the leaf tip, but the yellowing around the border of the disease can indicate an active infection of the leaf.

Must have been dry I assume. Those are in tubs and the top root system is prone to drying out. Plants are drinking down water now. Will need to water this weekend again, but haven't for much of the year!
They do dry on top but I keep the bottom tub filled with water using 4-5 gallons a day right now. I put 2 sanitary tees in t bottom tub and cut in a net pot full of rock wool in t middle of the top one. Got the design from a late 80s Ed Rosenthal grow guide. I have a drain hole 7 “ from the bottom on the outside ones so it gets aflush of the bottom daily . I’m feeding Hydrolyzed catfish Every 10 days since beginning the stretch before that I fed cano4, mkp , Epsom and Biomin calcium. I’ll feed once more today then nothing but water till chop. I’ve found the fish seems to continue releasing nutrients a long time. I use 32 ounces per five gallons of water which is what the label says.
Thanks for your input.