What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Chemdog and friends

kaneboy

✓
Veteran
Thought would be good to have a chemdog and crosses thread ,been a while
Feel free to share any and all things chemdog ,it is always a very interesting topic and discussion are very welcome
So i will start off, cheers everyone🤙
Skunk va chem 91 cut via farmer Joe then into S1
Had a long veg now 2nd week in flower
20240911_104820.jpg

Last edited:

kaneboy

✓
Veteran
Chembrand ,skunk va chem91 x jb cut which might be a sour d cut ?
Love this plant
reeks of pine/lemon cleaner ,chemical nose burn/strong skunk terps
Even slight diesel twang
Awesome high
Kept a cut for awhile, run a few more seeds and found very similar plants ,very good breeding from Skunk va and his luckydog seeds
Got a couple packs to look thru
Screenshot_20240513_115451_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
The Joe Brand is definitely not the actual 91. I had both simultaneously while on my 91 hunt and dropped the JB which I kinda kick myself in the ass for. It is a really good sour leaning chem or sour type. Super low yielder though.

kaneboy

✓
Veteran
Good old chem 91
The Queen of chem
Found this one in a pack from GCbudz ,a friend on overgrow cheers brother
beautiful representation of 91
stubborn slow lady to grow,I see how it takes time to dial in
Reeks of strong skunk
Hints of a fuely diesel /piney sortable smell
Is very strong herb ,shared with friends
Lol knock out weed most replied
I am see why people keep this strain around

Screenshot_20240511_151136_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240816_084916_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Nice pics, the plants look very happy and the buds are beautiful. Could you please make a small description for each one, like the type of high, smell/taste and yield, it would be really great info for everybody.Thanks for the thread.
Which one is your favorite so far ?

BerryManilow

The one that got away. Purple Diesel. Had her for about 10 years but lost her last year. Had a few s1 seeds from random grows where she pollinated herself, but none of them popped. She was the perfect diesel. Insane yields, shorter flowering than Sour D, pink pistils, diesel funk you could smell from very far away, and such a delicious Diesel fuel taste.

d1.jpeg

d2.jpeg
d2.jpg

d4.jpg
d5.jpg

d24.jpg

d6.jpg

d20.jpg

d3.jpg
diesel.jpg

might as well ask here since it says "and friends" in the title ;)
Anybody know if the 3Chems so-called Golden Cut(making it's rounds in Austrian clone shops,idk where it is from originally) is any good if I'm looking for original Chemdawg like terps /flavours ?

kaneboy

✓
Veteran
The age old question ,where did chemdog come from like the very beginning, before Jbrand scored and sold to Greg now aka chemdog,guess we will never know but it's enjoyable listening to everyone's theories, and what is it ???

JetLife175

Veteran
I know nothing much about Chems. What is it/what are they? The claim to fame, so to speak.
It is a family of cuttings that are responsible for most hybrids you see today.

It's really hard to say how important the chem family of cuts truly is. It was a part of most of the list on the inaugural Most Potent strains list in high times ages ago for whatever it's worth.

Nannymouse

✓
✅
You're missing out nanny if you haven’t had Chemdawg, a really potent herb
So, it is the potency that is its 'super power'?

I was gifted a blueberry x 'OG' seed pack , that one of the members of the I.S.P. told me was probably a chem(not OG)? They also said that i would probably like it. Cannot recall who it was that said it, and don't even know if i know who was in the posse. I figure that you would know, seems we were around back in the trader daze.

JetLife175

Veteran
The one that got away. Purple Diesel. Had her for about 10 years but lost her last year. Had a few s1 seeds from random grows where she pollinated herself, but none of them popped. She was the perfect diesel. Insane yields, shorter flowering than Sour D, pink pistils, diesel funk you could smell from very far away, and such a delicious Diesel fuel taste.

View attachment 19064531
View attachment 19064532 View attachment 19064533
View attachment 19064535 View attachment 19064536
View attachment 19064537
View attachment 19064538
View attachment 19064540
View attachment 19064546 View attachment 19064547
Did this also go by NYPD?

JetLife175

Veteran
So, it is the potency that is its 'super power'?

I was gifted a blueberry x 'OG' seed pack , that one of the members of the I.S.P. told me was probably a chem(not OG)? They also said that i would probably like it. Cannot recall who it was that said it, and don't even know if i know who was in the posse. I figure that you would know, seems we were around back in the trader daze.

Pretty much.

When it first came on the scene it was light years above and beyond what was available. It was all sold as Chemdog but there was the 91, the sis, and the D originally that made the rounds in really small dead circles. There were seeds held back from the original batch and were popped years later resulting in chem 1-4.

The 91 is a pure afghanica type. Dark waxy leaves, short stout son of a bitch that cannabilizes its leaves late into flower. The smell is indescribable but once you smell it you'll never forget it.

The sis I don't know much about. I've only grown hybrids and they didn't really express on the chem side of things.

The D has a really nasty funk to it. The GMO clone captures this pretty well. There is a skunky hallotosis bad breath thing going on with it. Prone to variegation. It has insane raw power to the high.

The 91 and the D I feel are the two cuts that really shine. The D is gold for breeding in my opinion.

The Chems are the champions of the modern cannabis genepool without a doubt.