What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

cbotany

Veteran
Anybody else have plants starting to show sex? I'm going to be chopping males in a week I think.
I oddly had some of the pulag crosses show sex, I just cut back some males, I should of taken photos. This has been the oddest year for flowering, I don't usually see preflowers till late july. I don't know if some of my auto pollen from the greenhouse hit my girl?

20240718_074701.jpg

Getting the scope of how much and where I'm trellising these little ladies, and I do this all on a slim to none budget

Holyherb420

Veteran
I've had them on and around my plants but never burrowing like that, that I had ever noticed
Yeah ive seen them hang around plants but today i decided to see what they were doing on my plants and found them going in and around these gashes which they have made in a few places. Never seen them feed on a plant itself.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Yeah ive seen them hang around plants but today i decided to see what they were doing on my plants and found them going in and around these gashes which they have made in a few places. Never seen them feed on a plant itself.
I have been dealing with something similar from all the rabbits damage I have. One of the plants was getting attacked/swarmed by ants to the point I thought it was gonna kill the plant. I'm not out of the woods yet but have made significant gains and the plant is semingly coming back. First I sprayed the area with 3% peroxide to kill any surface infection. After that dried I have been putting 100% pure eucalyptus oil on the stem and the ants left very quickly. Have been monitoring and it seems to be working well as I have only had to apply it a few times over 7 days. I will try to get pics up later.

laszlokovacs

Hey what about spraying a binder on it...like a caking agent...you know how you can get super crusty thick chunks on top of pots? Same deal but i want to make it hold grass clippings together. What could serve as a binder?
Maybe plain starch like you get from rice wash water or other starchy grains or vegetables you wash like potatoes.