What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OPOP....One plant..one pound IV

20kw dreams

TomHill said:
Hi 20K,

They are in homemade containers out of heavy gaged wire & ground cover, they go about 500 gallons & are 6 feet in diameter. From clones, vegged inside through April & most of May then set out. Added to the soil & perlite is 5 cubic ft composted chicken shit, 50 lbs steamed bone meal, & 15 lbs gypsum. Then I use field meters to try & hover around perfect ( PH 6.5, ergs 500, na + 2.5, ORP 125-150) as best I can with Earth Juice products mostly. They should get pretty big, though I only get about 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. Here's a couple of old pics a bit further along in the season with the Salmon Creek clone. My apologies, for these pics are old news to many of these guys.

Your cut Tom. You've gone too far bud. You are WAY over the OPOP limit. More like SPOP

I must say though Tom, I am competitive person. As such, I will give you my highest compliment, and say this: Next year, you are the person who's plants I intend to put to shame:mad:

Seriously though, you say "soil" when you described how you did things up. Did you mean you start out with perlite/native soil mix, or do you mean "soil" as in Sunshine mix? When you say "they go about 500 gal" do you mean each plant has 500gal worth of soil? Is it buried as well?

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Great plants tom, those are so big it's hard to believe they're single plants.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Good evening,

Thanks friends.

Fieldgrower,
Yes, that was Salmon Creek. Now, There's a few different clones in the garden but a really nice Super Silver Haze dominates most of it. Also a couple Cherry Slyders, Urkles, & a Snowcap.

BennyBlanco,
Nice plant, definitely worthy amigo I bet it's blown up in the last week huh?

Hamstring,
Ask me in 3 weeks :)

20kw,
Lol, cut.
Bring on that Bad News Bears attitude amigo, I'll be right here rooting for you all the way my friend. I meant soil as in Black Gold, Happy Frog, or Ocean Forest- those are the ones I've used in the garden. Yes, about 500 gallons each. Not buried.

Where is everybody? Lets see em! I know they are taking off now folks, hopefully you're all out working. For it is August, the 7th inning, the downhill slide, where ants are separated from grasshoppers, big plant from small, men from the boys etc etc. Don't slouch off now friends, this is the month of plant magic & they need you more than ever. Optimum care now, even if it means having the discipline to walk away not watering knowing full well you'll have to come back tomorrow to water. Be careful not to overdo the ferts too, less is needed in the heat.

Best Regards,
Tom

Last edited:

Bosshydro

HEY Tom :wave: nice to see ya here,and everyone else Here's a pic of a cross I made about a year ago Aurora IndicaXIce both nirvana she is our old mama, wish me luck!!!!!!...................

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Hey Tom, just a couple quick Q's...

first, are you plants showing signs of flowering yet? Everything around here (37N) is starting.

And what is your feeding regimen? We are discovering the benefits of comfrey as a bloom nute and everything seems to love it. Cheers.

Update!Orange Kush,TrainWreck, Nepal.

Update!Orange Kush,TrainWreck, Nepal.

The O.K is a beast under this cali heat, she stands at about 4 feet 5 feet by next week! It freakin Dwarfs my garbage can and its the biggest garbage can the city sells lol! I love kush its such a giver! Check her out !

:laughing:

:jump:

best of wishes and luck 2 you all, much love from pc.

Last edited:
G

Heres the small holes I dug this year........

and with one watering from me and a little time

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
looking great Mole, beautiful ladies you have there.

heres a few pictures i just got uploaded.

we will see whats to come :rasta:

G

Healthy looking plants Dimebag, those should bring in a very nice crop for you, maybe just a bit less than TOM's though..

I think we need a kilo club for that man

Tom Hill

Veteran
Fisher15,
Buds aren't stacking up yet, except for the Urkle (it was a poor choice for me imo because of this). I probably have about another 2 weeks stretch before the majority start stacking, maybe 3 for the snowcap. I've been using earth juice products mostly for soil feeding & micronized guano will be introduced soon. It's an ever changing regimen based on field meter readings, forecast temps, growth stage etc.

Coniesseur, Dime, Star Crash, Bosshydro
Really nice plants you guys, healthy as can be.

Mole,
I am more than a little jealous of you technique :)
..& the looks of your native soil, & the looks of all that lush native vegitation for this time of year. Beautiful plants too.

It's good to see so many folks doing well this year,

Best Regards,
Tom

G

hey there Tom Hill :rasta: :wave: my goal is grow plants as nice as yours ... you are a true inspiration ... thanks for showing us what can be accomplished ... peace

G

1 dwc mcFly( sour queen x c99 pineapple pheno) at 7 days 12/12......im gonna run her for 75, and expect a P off her.......fingers crossed and water cleaned. one,lime

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
TomHill said:
Hi 20K,

They are in homemade containers out of heavy gaged wire & ground cover, they go about 500 gallons & are 6 feet in diameter. From clones, vegged inside through April & most of May then set out. Added to the soil & perlite is 5 cubic ft composted chicken shit, 50 lbs steamed bone meal, & 15 lbs gypsum. Then I use field meters to try & hover around perfect ( PH 6.5, ergs 500, na + 2.5, ORP 125-150) as best I can with Earth Juice products mostly. They should get pretty big, though I only get about 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. Here's a couple of old pics a bit further along in the season with the Salmon Creek clone. My apologies, for these pics are old news to many of these guys.

Hey Tom i have been admiring those pix for some time and also the DC strain.
I wonder do you have one or several plants in each of these giant buckets?

N

Neptune

here's my gnarley outdoor crop, gona be a pretty short season. they already ALL have budrot. this is due to them flowering early, and the early flowers rotting beneath the new flowers.

the whole season is basically ****ed... but some monsters nontheless, would be nice to see these BDSSH un****ed....ugh.

here is a TW that snapped in several places, it's all over... budrot broke branches.

and the bdssh

I'm expecting a pound from one of them, which is fairly healthy still... and will be harvested later than the others. Crappier looking plants in this spot last year pulled 12oz.

*edit*
well, this is only the 3rd time I have even looked at my outdoor plants since may, so that's what I get... probably a month ago is last I checked em. I don't like to check em often, bcuz they are on other folk's backyards. And they are on irrigation hoses from my house :muahaha:

Last edited: