What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OPOP....One plant..one pound IV

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
thats awesome if it yielded more... but just to clarify you are talking all dry weight buds off that 1 plant you are standing next to? best wishes with your season and hope that lil bush turns out as well as your last year ladies did.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ill guess between 8 and 9 ounces. She's tall but doesnt have a lot of bulk to her....

G

Here is a few plants I am hoping will yeild heavily. Don't know if they will get to the opop category, but might be close.

Sensi Star x Skunk#1:

Dream Goddess (not sure if they will finish in time- the grass they are planted in is about 3.5' tall):

I had a huge White Satin that something yanked out of the ground (coon, possum, coyote, badger :confused: ) Good Luck Everyone- Stay Safe.
Mycall

little j

hey guys. i tell ya i thought it would be a pound FOR SURE. but all said and done it was only about 12oz. dry of course.
scorpio - great guess. had 9oz of nice chunks and then some extra
rusto - it may have touched 14 if i really kept every popcorn.
shit it took me over 8 hrs to trim it down for the trip home. i didnt expect such a fuss. yes it wasnt the thickest, densest thing and unfortunately it had to come down early too. i dont see my bush doin anything close to that this year. i have to say when i see others fat colas,its hard to imagine a pound there. its possible though. talk to ya later. lets get back to the ipop thread.

Last edited:
how big does a plant have to be outdoors to yield close to a pound? Talking about a plant that is a heavy indica. I have a nirvana early misty outdoors right now that is a little taller than 5 ft and about 3.5 ft wide. The stalk is about 1.5 inches thick and i expect to get another month of veg. Im just curious what kind of yield i might expect, this is only my second season and my plants were not even half this size last year.

Yah`mon

Last pic is a blueberry the rest are power plants. All dutch passion fem. The 5 gallon bucket is for size reference. Never had plants this nice. Still about 90 days to harvest. I would greatly appreciate any ideas or thoughts on what they might yeild. Dunno if they will be opops or even hpops. Thanks for any input and enjoy the pics.

20kw dreams

What are my chances? All these plants are dense as all hell, getting 10+ hours of light a day, on soaker hose irrigation, trying to let them go until November if I can. I don't get rain until December/Jan here

DimeBag65

Veteran
depending on growth rate and strains those should be hitting the # mark within a few month for you... they should start to really take off and bush out. everything is looking great 20Kw looking forward to seeing what you end up coming out with.

a handful of mine should be well over the mark but we will see what mother nature throws my way.

Peace

20kw dreams

That's what I like to hear DB! I don't really give a shit what they yield really. This is my first outdoor grow and things are going fantastic. As long as the quality is there, I would be OK with 12 oz's a plant:smile:

Yours aren't looking too bad there either. What, about 4.5 ft or so? That plant is in the way in that second picture though..lol..

That OK is a nice deep green PC. That could hit a lb easy.

You What do you pro outdoorsy types fert around this time of year? I've been giving straight veg nutrients, but I've got to hit them again around the beginning of august, and was thinking I should switch from High N to something more balanced. That sound about right?

And you guys whoud check out some of the info I posted about using red mulch to increase yields and reduce leaf to flower ratio. I gave it it's own thread.

Peace

DimeBag65

Veteran
hey there 20Kw, as long as your plants keep going in veg for the full season you will be quite pleased and i dont think many of those will hit anything less than a # in my honest opinion, of course this depends on the yields on your strains.

my largest are between 3 and 5 feet and your right on the money with that one picture i put up, i measured it and its at 4 ft 6 inches.

as far as nutrients go i would go with something a bit more balanced, low P and K and add micro nutrients. there are some mixes that have a very good balance of the ingredients in them. Beneficial fungi is good for roots as well and i would highly suggest finding a nutrient suppliment with a well rounded group of micro nutes.

I personally am a big fan of folliar feeding and usually hit them with superthrive and a few other mixes from time to time. also a good dowsing of water ontop of the plants help to built strong branches so you dont have them breaking off at the end of the year when they are loaded up with buds. I try to tie up the inside of the branches as well as possible and supercrop most of my main branches... even just pinching and twisting will help form knots to hold weight. I will use the soaker setting on my watering wand and spray them down until they are drooping quite a bit and 30 minutes later they will be standing erect again.

I was reading your post on the red mulch and i will have to look into it more... it sounds great and looks very interesting... right now im trying to get some cedar mulch to keep caterpillars away... and will probly be adding straw as well to help hold in moisture, and keep the heat off the surface.

Best wishes with your season and i will be watching with much interest :D

20kw dreams

Wow bud, we're definately on the same page. I'm actually foliar feeding once a week now with House and Garden "Magic Green" and SaferGro "pestout". I've been hearing about the caterpillars. I was thinking misquito netting and BT should do the trick.

I took a soil sample at the beginning of spring, and everything was pretty balanced for the micronutrients, except for a low Zinc, which was cured by a good dose of kelp meal, and extremely low N, which was easy enough to fix with 25lbs of Fish Blood Meal. I have to be careful of adding to much Ca and Mg however, as both were VERY high, but fortunately in the right ratio. It just means I try to stay clear of the premixed ferts, as they usually have high Ca and Mg. I was planning on sticking with mixing guano's because they don't have the high Ca that Bone meal does, while my K and micros will be taken care of with the kelp meal. Micros should be under control though anyways considering organics ar so rich. That along with the foliar feeding should get me through.

What do you think would be the result of intentionally giving them high N to delay flowering? Would this lengthen my flowering time? Then when I want them to finish I can pull all of the N. I don't know if nutrient manipulation works outdoors like it does indoors, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Once the start flowering I'll be able to read the plants by what's going on like I do inside. I can always go pick up a little fertigation kit if necessary to give them some instant gratification:smile:

DimeBag65

Veteran
We most definitely are on the same page with this and the kelp meal is what i have been folliar feeding with for a few months now. As far as the caterpillars go i would definitely go with the mosquito netting if possible... flying critters are always more than happy to lay their larva on your plants and after and early rain last year... really fucked things up for me... i lost over a # due to mold caused by worms eating into my colas. I would highly recommend using BT now and periodically through veg up until preflower.

As far as the high N for keeping them in veg this might help prolong to some extent but once that light start shortening and the season changes there isent much you can do other than add artaficial lighting. Im not sure where exactly you have things going or if you have access to putting a power cord out there... but even those walkway lights or anything for 30 minutes before sun up and at night as it becomes dusk should really solve that...

That is great that your soil naturally has alot of the micronutrient that you need, it is always a blessing to have fertile native soil. My plants are doing this inbetween flowering and vegging bullshit and it has really stalled out my grow during the period of time that it should be expanding the most... to my obvious dismay. things should be really coming around, and im sure alot of the problem was that the clones i originally started were under 24 hours light to begin with and under poor lighting.

I would definitely go with the guano mixes, i will be brewing up some here very shortly and it should really do the trick, even though everything is looking perfect as is with your ladies.

not sure if i missed anything hmmm... o yeah and that being able to read plants... Yeah that would be your greenthumb workin to your advantage :D i feel that people who have to read the back of a bottle for their regiments are not true growers... but thats off the subject...

Maybe we should continue this conversation in another thread? kind of hijacking the OPOP thread which is all good but i would definitely like to discuss this further with you.... I need to post up some pictures that i took but i will be around tonight for sure... also interested to hear what the benefits of that ground cover are.

EDIT: How bout we continue this in your Inground planting Thread?

Last edited: