What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OPOP....One plant..one pound IV

G

thank you for your compliment TOM..your a very resourseful grower, Ive watched you over the years,and you always have some great plants..

Your genitics have help alot of people and thats what is rewarding to me...coming up with new strains that grow easy , and BIG :)

Yah`mon

1st 3 pics are of my big blueberry Shes right around 7', 2nd 2 are a tied down power plant, the first pic is the bottom of it, the other is the top. The next 5 are my other 5 plants, ones a mutant blueberry, not to hard to spot outta the 5. Any ideas on yeild? lol i know shitty question and i asked before but they are prolly a few weeks from final size, if they arn't already. Only 1lb contenders are prolly the first blueberry and the tied down power plant. Thanks for the input and enjoy the pics. :wave:

OBSoul33t

cool thread glad i found my way over here.

here are some of my girls basking in the sun

most plants in the garden this year are various chemdog's
more pix like these and my outdoor show can be found in the flower pix forum under obsoul33t's smut shack

cheers from northern cali

btw tom hill is my hero hehe ,you inspire mr hill

front right giesel aka superdawg , back right chem d , front left chemapple

16938aug7_023.jpg

the big girl in back is around 12 feet right now chemdog d

16938aug7_028.jpg

G

MaFFe, OBSoul33t- you guys rock, those plants kick ass:)

Tom Hill- why do plants need less ferts on hot weather? i have been feeding every watering with 2tbls of omega 6-6-6. when the temps reach over 100 should i cut the ferts in half or not fert at all, and what do you think is to hot for the outdoors?

thanks and keep those pics coming
ShaBud

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
well I'm not a botanist so I'll let tom hill handle the real scientific aspect of that question.

but long story short the heat stops the plant from uptaking nutes as quickly as it would like, and suddenly the mix that was working just fine is now burning your plants. not necessarily BURNING but a good chance you'll get waxy shiny over ferted leaves.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Evening all,
Thanks for all the kind words.

Gunnarguchi, One plant per container always.

Neptune,
Sorry to hear of the setbacks man, hope it turns out better for you than expected.

motaco,
He he, I had not even thought of the plant trying to shut down while being slammed with nutes, interesting thought.

ShaBud,
I'm no botanist either mind you, but my understanding is that more nitrogen & phosphorous is available at higher soil temps & therefore less fertilizer is needed. It's a more efficient soil this time of year basically (more efficient plant too). A cooler (spring/fall) soil reduces nutrient availability & will require higher amounts of fertilizer for the same healthy growth. Of course there are always exceptions (& exceptional growers), but a review of pics often reveals the cooler climate folks' light green plants wanting food & in contrast the deep dark green plants (almost blue & heading for stunted leaves territory) of the folks who deal with 100f+ temps all summer. These two groups of growers could have the exact same feeding regimen with these vastly different results. There are oodles of other factors effecting plant nutrient availability & uptake but in my experience temperature is a big one. At any rate, I do try to adjust the feeding regimen according to expected temps.

"i have been feeding every watering with 2tbls of omega 6-6-6."<-- Is that correct? This is the maximum recommended dose of fertilizer with every watering? If so, I think that's probably much too much & I would back off quite a bit. Nice plants by the way,
everybody!

Yah'mon, MaFFe, OBSoul33t,

Friggin outstanding.

Whose up?

T

Last edited:

stoneshaper

nice stuff brother!

too bad my plants are a mile away from going to give me any more than an ounce per plant, or so......

goodlooking flowers, i got to say OBSoul33t!

good luck everyone, see ya later

H

Habibi

WOW, OBSoult33t those things are huge, are they really 12 feet and just starting flowering i presume.

amazing theyre gunna be like 15-20 feet crazy stuff!

tomhill you are the man, love those fields, i hope to have a field like yours when i get a bigger property!

Ganico

Veteran
TomHill, that makes a lot of damn sense. So that's why in 95-105F temps you can not even fert a plant at all and still have dark green leaves, haha. And especially the more sativa it is it seems, guess cause most are probably used to heat anyway. I heard "nitrogen turns sativas into stems"

T

The_Skunkist

Very very nice !
I love big plants !
Peace & grow hard !

Last edited:
G

this thread is kicking into gear :joint: :rasta: amazing plants everyone!
Northern Lights X Blueberry

hey skunkist :wave: these are for you...skunk outdoor patch ,they are 10 feet now

peace

G

Thats why ive always wondered if there is a optimum soil temp for our favorite plant, so far I havent seen any info on it.

I have thought of building boxes to incase indoor container plants, have a box that just sits on a concrete floor(the cool box) one box with a small light bulb inside to raise soil temps slightly, and another box with a larger bulb to really heat things up.

This way the air temp around each plant should be the same, a soil temp probe would be in each container, and clones of the same strain would be used to have uniform growing conditions...

I wonder why time release ferts say they fert less in cool soil but more in warming soil, probly something they cant control , but there advertising it as a "good thing"

T

terran2

star crash said:
this thread is kicking into gear :joint: :rasta: amazing plants everyone!
Northern Lights X Blueberry

This thread an absolute inspiration , good work men ....i know you're all doing it to impress the ladies , lol , but really nice to see as "monty python" once said:

[glow=blue]"Real Men in Action"[/glow]

;o))

Here's one of my humble alpha NL/Blueberry moms into first flowering on 12/12 for 3 weeks , now they are all going out into 1/2 wine casks to finish out the summer where i can appreciate and tend them from the jaccuzi and pool ..hehe. Love this strain ....so kudos to you all ~!

(tx for the shows , ispirational really)

regards

;o)

t2
bubba104cc9.jpg

Last edited:
G

guest123

hey guys , looking great this year ,,,
i think a lot of folks assume u need a big plant to yeild a pound ...
well it can be down with something around 3 ft high ..
i usually aim for between half to one pound per plant ,, they are easier to work with than the big bitches ,, lol ....
actually ill post an example ,,, first pic i yeilded a lb off ...
second one was no where near .. go figure ....

Last edited:
G

Great looking plants everybody...am not sure you would call those little wallyduck, but I know what your saying,Ive had a few plants that were short say 4 feet tall, that could produce a pound, the Boggle being one of them ,and yes they are much easyier to harvest.

Those plants do look good!!( my smilies are turn off)

I think the opop is a place just for showing off, weather tall or tiny, and maybe get some helpful tips along the way...

Maybe we should compile a list of strains that can produce a pound ,give or take an ounce...that can stay under 4 feet.

My boggle strain will ,some years, and isnt very leafy ,which makes trimming fast.The uranium cranium of mine could produce a pound , and stay short if planted later in the year.

Planting times and pruning could effect your plants yeild and size, so if we compile a list maybe it should be plants grown "natural"

Latest posts

Latest posts