What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Got some wind and plenty of rain last night, and like Hawk said there were strange stillnesses at times too, which isnt a good sign. No tornadoes to speak of but supposedly there was one in aurora, one in naperville (both Dupage county), and a couple on the south side of chicago. No injuries other than down trees and power outages tho.
So ur power is ok, Hawk? Hope ur power lines are on the other side of ur house from the neighbors. Those trees are a menace.

Yeah, it's really a lot of work maintaining trees, cutting off dangerous branches, cutting down dead ones, etc. Did u ever save a tree from a disease or fungus, Buzz? I guess if u catch it early then there's a chance to save it. And i guess invasive pests like the emerald ash borer are a thing too. Did u spray a lot of pesticides and fungicides when u were a horticulturist?

That's an impressive amount of work with an electric chainsaw, Buzz, how many times did u have to recharge that thing?
Hope u get to go on ur fishing trip and you catch a few snappers, love a good grilled or fried red snapper. Post some pics of ur catch if it's impressive enough.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
@buzzmobile
pecan is good cooking wood too! looks like you made short work of the fallen limb
that sounds like interesting work being a horticulturist especially at a house of such renoun
edison did the electrical work at the hotel del coronado here in san diego
red snappers are good eating fish! and i hope you are able to go offshore and hook up
i watch some mexican liga from time to time so i might tune back in next time there is a big tournament

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I dont think ive ever used pecan wood when smoking, is it a very different flavor? Nuttier, perhaps? That's a jest.

Thomas edison did the electric at the hotel in san diego, Pops? Like personally or just his company?
Speaking of mexico, a popular mexican seafood dish is a whole red snapper, served lightly battered and deep fried, mounted up right and you can just pick the flesh off the bone. I havent had it in ages but it was good, and that's even accounting for the fact i dont like fish skin that much.

Youre getting the heat that passed through here the last couple days, DB. No worries, it should cool down soon enough, it was low 80s here (still humid tho) and next couple days should be 70s.

Not much in the way of nfl news. Brandon aiyuk, 49ers WR who made 2nd team all pro last year, wants a contract extension as he's in the last year of his rookie deal but isnt getting one and has asked for a trade. Doubt he'll get his wish unless another team offers some nice draft picks and a decent WR in return.

shithawk420

Veteran
Got some wind and plenty of rain last night, and like Hawk said there were strange stillnesses at times too, which isnt a good sign. No tornadoes to speak of but supposedly there was one in aurora, one in naperville (both Dupage county), and a couple on the south side of chicago. No injuries other than down trees and power outages tho.
So ur power is ok, Hawk? Hope ur power lines are on the other side of ur house from the neighbors. Those trees are a menace.

Yeah, it's really a lot of work maintaining trees, cutting off dangerous branches, cutting down dead ones, etc. Did u ever save a tree from a disease or fungus, Buzz? I guess if u catch it early then there's a chance to save it. And i guess invasive pests like the emerald ash borer are a thing too. Did u spray a lot of pesticides and fungicides when u were a horticulturist?

That's an impressive amount of work with an electric chainsaw, Buzz, how many times did u have to recharge that thing?
Hope u get to go on ur fishing trip and you catch a few snappers, love a good grilled or fried red snapper. Post some pics of ur catch if it's impressive enough.
my powers not out but the gas stations and liquor stores are out. my mom went out and knows more than me. heard a tornado touched near O'Hare but not if thats true.my mom said the lights are out.i didn't know she meant the fucking traffic lights.i don't like it at all.comung back from Walmart now.had to get a new cable for the dog and stuff to make Bolognese.never made it the traditional way but I'm gonna give it a try tommorow.

Ive used pecan wood in GA and it was excellent. highly recommend it.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
my powers not out but the gas stations and liquor stores are out. my mom went out and knows more than me. heard a tornado touched near O'Hare but not if thats true.my mom said the lights are out.i didn't know she meant the fucking traffic lights.i don't like it at all.comung back from Walmart now.had to get a new cable for the dog and stuff to make Bolognese.never made it the traditional way but I'm gonna give it a try tommorow.

hey stay safe man!that goes for your mom too
/keep doggo company in the basement and just hang out man
a good bolognese is a thing of beauty and i hope it comes out just like you want it
i remember @G.O. Joe once posted a recipe for a red gravy that looked beyond legit

I dont think ive ever used pecan wood when smoking, is it a very different flavor? Nuttier, perhaps? That's a jest.

Thomas edison did the electric at the hotel in san diego, Pops? Like personally or just his company?
Speaking of mexico, a popular mexican seafood dish is a whole red snapper, served lightly battered and deep fried, mounted up right and you can just pick the flesh off the bone. I havent had it in ages but it was good, and that's even accounting for the fact i dont like fish skin that much.

Youre getting the heat that passed through here the last couple days, DB. No worries, it should cool down soon enough, it was low 80s here (still humid tho) and next couple days should be 70s.

Not much in the way of nfl news. Brandon aiyuk, 49ers WR who made 2nd team all pro last year, wants a contract extension as he's in the last year of his rookie deal but isnt getting one and has asked for a trade. Doubt he'll get his wish unless another team offers some nice draft picks and a decent WR in return.
GAHHHHHHAAH! its all a lie!
/pops tears hotel del and edison posters off wall
turns out he just oversaw the installation of the system
aiyuk could be one of the next gen receivers in the league but i dont think he has proven himself as being big money (contract wise) and to ask another team to give up the bootyfor him is a stretch
he needs to ball out this season (but even then frisco can tag him if they wanted, so thats another year )

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
thanks pops. i got the peeled tomatoes,sauce,redwine and the veggies for a soffrito.its all about the layers of flavors. didnt have the right noodles though.think i got rigatoni though. now my mom says she dont like pasta. fuvking christ man shes like the fucking female Mikey from the Life commercial

seen you in the political thread. i refuse to post there but i agree with alot you say.keep it up man

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks pops. i got the peeled tomatoes,sauce,redwine and the veggies for a soffrito.its all about the layers of flavors. didnt have the right noodles though.think i got rigatoni though. now my mom says she dont like pasta. fuvking christ man shes like the fucking female Mikey from the Life commercial

seen you in the political thread. i refuse to post there but i agree with alot you say.keep it up man
its cool man, just make the sauce
what kind of noodle did you have in mind, were you looking for bucatini?
maybe cook up a small pot or rice or whatever she wants, but a good sauce is a good sauce

hahah, just kicking up dust, you know how that is
thanks man!

buzzmobile

Veteran
I dont think ive ever used pecan wood when smoking, is it a very different flavor?
It is a very sweet smelling smoke and not as heavy as hickory. I had uncles in Pensacola that opened a BBQ restaurant. They only used pecan for their grills and my Nana's BBQ sauce recipe.
Speaking of mexico, a popular mexican seafood dish is a whole red snapper, served lightly battered and deep fried, mounted up right and you can just pick the flesh off the bone.
You triggered a memory of a Costa Rica fishing trip. A most excellent open air restaurant on the beach. Nine of us rolled up and ordered nine plates of this.

P5050991.JPG

Our view from the table. The snapper came in on these boats earlier that day.

P5051012.JPG

shithawk420

Veteran
damn buzz. i feel so whats the word? left out? maybe one day ill experience all the ocean has to offer.

i needed Tagliatelle noodles pops. thats the traditional noodles. there is no such thing as spaghetti Bolognese. if you see anyone making it run far away cause its no good. spaghetti doesnt hold or carry the sauce.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
It is a very sweet smelling smoke and not as heavy as hickory. I had uncles in Pensacola that opened a BBQ restaurant. They only used pecan for their grills and my Nana's BBQ sauce recipe.

You triggered a memory of a Costa Rica fishing trip. A most excellent open air restaurant on the beach. Nine of us rolled up and ordered nine plates of this.

View attachment 19033975

Our view from the table. The snapper came in on these boats earlier that day.

View attachment 19033977
looking like paradise!
i hear costa rica is a very nice place to visit
damn buzz. i feel so whats the word? left out? maybe one day ill experience all the ocean has to offer.

i needed Tagliatelle noodles pops. thats the traditional noodles. there is no such thing as spaghetti Bolognese. if you see anyone making it run far away cause its no good. spaghetti doesnt hold or carry the sauce.
ill keep that in mind, i like the bucatini because its hollow so it hold sauce very well and has a different tooth to it
how did your sauce come out btw?
/did you mom like it?

shithawk420

Veteran
i got the sauce cooking right now pops.i didnt have pancetta so i used bacon.that might have been a big mistake but we'll see. i also used mushrooms. never seen anyone add mushrooms but i had to use them. that wont hurt it. could of used more wine i think but too late now.now i gotta wait a couple hours

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i got the sauce cooking right now pops.i didnt have pancetta so i used bacon.that might have been a big mistake but we'll see. i also used mushrooms. never seen anyone add mushrooms but i had to use them. that wont hurt it. could of used more wine i think but too late now.now i gotta wait a couple hours
it sounds good and cant wait to hear how it comes out

shithawk420

Veteran
Well,I messed up.used the wrong tomato and don't think I let the wine reduce enough.its ok.my mom said it's OK but the way I normally make my pasta and sauce is better.its not bad but I messed up somehow.ill take a pic of the pot after my food settles
20240717_235438.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
// look at the size of those balls! @Bababooey :: now those are balls

it looks good and im glad your mom liked it
sorry it wasnt anything special.its definitely got some complex flavors.too complex.i added cream at the end.dont ever skip on the San Marzano. i used cheaper tomato and it shows. also dont get cheap on canned tomato sauce. use real passata
20240718_003922.jpg

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
There's a Gulf of Mexico 2 hours south of me, @shithawk420 . Come on down and we can start there. You won't need a passport. We'll begin at the edge of the surf to get your feet wet and to feel some sand between your toes. April-May and October-November are the best times weather-wise to arrive. I have friends with boats.
;)
i hear costa rica is a very nice place to visit
You have heard right, @pop_rocks. Pura vida is real in Costa Rica. Besides great fishing there are some fantastic ziplines through the jungles. We timed our trips to be there at the end of the 'dry' season before the tropical rains start up.

P5050965.JPG

This was the first station and I got to go first. A guide goes along with the group to make sure everything is OK.

My friend who is terrified of heights went next. That's me laughing as he is making his way across the jungle. He liked it.

At one station the guide asked me if I wanted to do a 'helicopter'. "Sure, why not?" He hooked up a tandem harness so that I could hang below him as the zipline crossed a deep gorge. I hung upside down dangling from a strap, and then he gave my foot a push. I spun slowly upside down laughing like a lunatic as the jungle, mountains, and Pacific Ocean views passed by.
dont ever skip on the San Marzano
Words to live by when it comes to my pizza sauce. There is no comparison to other brands of canned tomatoes.

shithawk420

Veteran
dang buzz yeah now would be the most awesome time to get on the water and do awesome shit..man it sucks. i never had a family that did anything. like nothing. my dad used to be pretty active before he went to prison for selling pot. i always wanted to see the dang ocean. i lived in GA but no one in my family wants to even do that. pisses me the fuk off. i got screwed.i wanna smell it. thats my gripe. i wanna smell it. im serious. im no fool. i wanna smell what billions of years smell like. im an intellectual just like you guys

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Gas stations and liquor stores were out of power, Hawk? Thats enough to cause a riot for some people.
I know ohare suspended flights during the store, and some of the western burbs there were twister sightings, so wouldnt be surprised if one touched down near the airport.

Yeah Aiyuk isnt going to get traded anytime soon, he'll just have to suck it up and play the last yr of his contract, he might skip some or all of training camp tho in protest, or maybe be present but not practicing due to 'injury' like nick bosa last year before he got his new deal.

Let me guess, the only pasta ur mom likes is Chef Boyardee out of the can, Hawk? That tracks.

What's going on with politics? Does icmag lean heavily right or left? 50/50 each way? Im bisexual myself. Wait, what are we talking about here?

That's a beautiful plate, Buzz. Fish is a little small but for an individual serving it's just right. Like Pops said, Ive heard CR is gorgeous, very diverse ecosystem. A fair amount of US ex-pats living there too, u ever thought of moving there?

I agree with Pops, Hawk, that is a beautiful looking pasta and sauce. Are you talking about the balls of parmesan, Pops? My balls still look better, and like parmesan cheese theyre delightfully salty and nutty.
Never heard of passata, that's uncooked strained tomatoes? I only know of tomato paste, sauce, crushed, whole, etc.

That's a decent looking case, Hawk, how is it beat up? On the outside?

Ziplines look like a lot of fun, never been on one myself either. Dont worry, Hawk, someday you'll get to see and do some pretty amazing things, im sure of it. Your dad was a victim of the drug war, !ucks people up for a long time. Is he getting out soon, like next month, from his DUI conviction?
Smelling that salt breeze from the ocean is pretty special when youve only known freshwater all of ur life, maybe u and ur pops can be like Red and Andy from Shawshank redemption, re-unite on a tropical beach somewhere, restore an old boat and sail the seven seas.