What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
wait whut?! @shithawk420, you have never been to the ocean?
you are right the smell or the sea, the water and sand even the taste are all things so dear to me from a lifetime in, on and below the water
we gotta get this kid right and pronto @buzzmobile
im hooking up a zip line as we speak
that looks like a smart case and it displays your collection nicely, plus you got your sweet cool guy shades in there too
i also hear the people are supre nice @buzzmobile and it dosent have the problems a lot of mexico other latin countries has
you are a brave man and i wish there was footage of the helicopter, like if you had a gopro camera a first person view would have been unreal
@Bababooey i thought a tornado got you baba and swept you up into the land of oz
Aiyuk still need to prove he is worth the big money deal but i think he is knock on that door
hopefully the wild weather has passed, but who knows
its finally starting to feel like summer, its probably 80* outside right now but its nice
/that means its 90+ on the other side of the 15

so my mom brought me some weiners from the german market!
they look sweet and i went to the store this morning and got hot dog buns and chili
oh its going to be on later today
plus i picked up a bag of those potato wedges they have
i usually wait to get them on the $5 friday deal but it turns out they are only $5.50/lb so not a huge savings there
chili dog, chili dog with cheese, chili cheese fries
grinding!

buzzmobile

Veteran
Yeah, it's really a lot of work maintaining trees, cutting off dangerous branches, cutting down dead ones, etc. Did u ever save a tree from a disease or fungus, Buzz? I guess if u catch it early then there's a chance to save it. And i guess invasive pests like the emerald ash borer are a thing too. Did u spray a lot of pesticides and fungicides when u were a horticulturist?

That's an impressive amount of work with an electric chainsaw, Buzz, how many times did u have to recharge that thing?
I injected the coconut palms growing by the river with tetracycline in an attempt to inoculate the trees against a disease called lethal yellowing. Many types of palms are affected by the disease and they slowly die.
There were not many problems that required spraying pesticides in the gardens. I was a certified pesticide applicator to be on the up and up, but most of the spraying took place in the greenhouse.

The electric chain saw has a larger amp hour battery and a full charge will run long enough to wear me out before the battery wears out. That branch was a piece of cake after I cut away all of the small stuff. The saw is surprisingly loud when the chain starts spinning. I use ear plugs like I would with a 2 stroke saw.
Post some pics of ur catch if it's impressive enough.
1721344056275.jpeg

I did not get a call. Thunderstorms were scattered over the Gulf yesterday and today. I told my friends that I was not going out if the seas were too 'sporty and nautical'. Been there done that not going to do it again.
i wanna smell it. thats my gripe. i wanna smell it. im serious. im no fool. i wanna smell what billions of years smell like. im an intellectual just like you guys
Billions of years straight in the nostrils will make your brain smile.
u ever thought of moving there?
Thoughts of moving are plentiful. It's a wonderful place, but home is right here. I could develop a wild hair should MamaD precede me in departing the planet. There's a thought for another day.
i also hear the people are supre nice
There are many happy friendly people in Costa Rica.

I did not think of my camera while I was helicoptering. I was just dangling, zipping, laughing and spinning. I relaxed with my head back and arms and legs spun.

"Do it again!"

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I injected the coconut palms growing by the river with tetracycline in an attempt to inoculate the trees against a disease called lethal yellowing. Many types of palms are affected by the disease and they slowly die.
There were not many problems that required spraying pesticides in the gardens. I was a certified pesticide applicator to be on the up and up, but most of the spraying took place in the greenhouse.

The electric chain saw has a larger amp hour battery and a full charge will run long enough to wear me out before the battery wears out. That branch was a piece of cake after I cut away all of the small stuff. The saw is surprisingly loud when the chain starts spinning. I use ear plugs like I would with a 2 stroke saw.

View attachment 19034752
I did not get a call. Thunderstorms were scattered over the Gulf yesterday and today. I told my friends that I was not going out if the seas were too 'sporty and nautical'. Been there done that not going to do it again.

Billions of years straight in the nostrils will make your brain smile.

Thoughts of moving are plentiful. It's a wonderful place, but home is right here. I could develop a wild hair should MamaD precede me in departing the planet. There's a thought for another day.

There are many happy friendly people in Costa Rica.

I did not think of my camera while I was helicoptering. I was just dangling, zipping, laughing and spinning. I relaxed with my head back and arms and legs spun.

"Do it again!"
living in the moment man! those are the best times
again! again!

so i invited my mom to enjoy some of these dietz and watson hot dogs she gave for lunch today
i told her we were having chil dogs, but chopped up onions, peppers and pickles in case she wanted to go that route
she shows up with containers of grilled fish and rice and other stuff like that
i was like what the heck mom, i made us hot dogs
it wasnt hard to convince me that the grilled fish was the way to go
so now i have chil dogs for later tonight and tomorrow i guess

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im surprised Hawk has never seen the Atlantic, having lived in Georgia for a number of years, but i think he lived near atlanta which is pretty far inland, closer to the alabama border than to the ocean.

How far away do u live from the ocean, Pops, can u walk there? My mom lives less than a mile from lake michigan and it's always a bit cooler at her place than if you're more inland.

I think yesterday or the day before was "National Hot Dog Day" - there's a day for everything now, but groceries were giving deals on hot dogs. I love a good chili cheese dog, in fact u can cover anything in chili or chili & cheese and it'll taste good, even a shoe. Also good eye on noticing the savings is only 50c less on potato wedges, now u dont have to wait for sales and deprive yourself.

Looks like u cut and pasted a headline from an article, DB.
I heard about LT's arrest, he's a registered sex offender cause he plead guilty to sex with a 16yr old prostitute over 10 yrs ago. I thought at the time he said he didnt know her age? Wonder why he would plead guilty and be a sex offender then, cause that stuff haunts u forever, this latest arrest being a prime example...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
i live east of the 5 freeway so technically im an inlander but i live on the west end of the community i live in so i still get the marine layer (low clouds/ fog) early in the mornings
if i had a nicer house and lived on the canyon rim, i could have that ocean view ! (see that sliver of grey on the horizon? thats the pacific ocean!)

we have walked to the beach before but thats a hike, and it took us at least a couple hours to complete
we use to ride our mtn bike out there or at least to a certain trail head that would lead you to the beach if you wanted
/it ended in a salt water lagoon and that was far enough for me
i had no idea it was national hot dog day! i did my part and had a chili dog for the cause but the real show stopper was the grilled fish my mom brought over
i have chili and i have cheese and i have those potato wedges! sounds like a great plan
yeah man, the chicken is worth waiting to buy on $5 friday because its like $8-9/lb reg price, but the wedges were only $5.50
im going to get some every time i go now! even a ~half pound would be like $3
there is a habit burger in the same mall and i could mix my business with pleasure and get both!

had to stop by moms today and get her a new garage door opener installed
the guys who came out were super efficient and nice and did a great job!
this is worth at least an atta boy from mom!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Huh, i thought for some reason u practically lived on the beach. But then ur house would be worth millions of dollars and you'd have already sold it and moved to TX along with ur mum. A 2 hr walk to the beach, that's like 6 miles or more?

Habit burger was recently named as having the best fast food burger in the country:

These are the top 10 fast food-burgers in the nation, according to USA Today:
Double Char at The Habit Burger Grill
Double-Double at In-N-Out Burger
BBQ Rodeo Burger at BurgerFi
Jumbo Jack Cheeseburger at Jack in the Box
Cheeseburger at Five Guys
Double Meat Whataburger at Whataburger
ButterBurger Cheese, Double at Culver’s
Whopper at Burger King
Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger at Carl’s Jr
The 1921 Slider at White Castle

Have u had their double char burger? Ive heard of them but they started in irvine and dont have any locations near me. I do have a BurgerFi near me that ive been to before, solid burger, might have to check out their bbq rodeo burger, dont think ive had it before.

Ive actually installed a garage door opener before for my mom, it wasnt an easy job but it worked until recently, i might hire someone this time. Was it reasonably priced? Did u smoke them up or give them a big of buds as a tip? They might have appreciated it.

Im starting to see more college football news online, we're getting near to players showing up for camp (college starts a big earlier than the nfl) so not too much longer now, Aug is less than 2 weeks away.

The Irish hurling championship is tomorrow, i can see if i can play it somehow but not getting my hopes up. Im pretty sure i havent bet on it either, are we going with Clare or Cork, superx?

superx

Veteran
Hey guys what's up,

All this talk of food is giving me a rumbling tummy, must get a plan in action for this evenings servings..
Fish and rice is proper comfort food pops, we often do a mix up using rice/prawns/chicken with spring onion and soy sauce, tastes every bit as good from the Chinese takeaway minus the monosodium. We don't get a great selection of fish here, most folk are happy with the usual choice of salmon/cod/seabass whiting and plaice, I have noticed some shops selling these fish recently in a sweet marinade/sauce, probably helps prolong ts shelf life..

Hot dogs are good eating depending on the quality of the sausage, the variety of toppings is the cherry on the top for me. There's a polish shop I would be familiar with who serve up amazing hotdogs 🌭 they insert a large pole in the side of the roll (the end bit) to remove the bread (most of it) the sausage is then inserted along with your choice of sauce, its a lot easier to eat as the sauce and contents are not dripping of your elbow, compared to slicing the roll down the side. I first came across this method at the Munich beer festival in Germany..

Getting pretty close to the football season for you guys, GAA is coming to a climax here, we have the two finals beckoning upon us.. Clare v Cork tomorrow in the hurling final, and Galway v Armagh in the galeic football final.

Babba, tomorrow's final should be a cracking contest, 👏 I would like to see Clare come out victorious they have been knocking on the door for a considerable amount of years, coming so far but failing on the last hurdle. If they dont succeed tomorrow it will severely affect them mentally, I can see them having to rebuild.

Cork have brought something new to hurling this year, there direct play and aggression with serious pace has added a new dimension and meaning to the sport of hurling. When they attack they seem to only want to score goals and more of them, most teams would settle for a point from certain positions of the field, Cork have certainly changed that mentality and use their pace to break through teams with the belief of scoring goal after goal, they will be a massive threat to Clare as they demonstrated against Limerick.
Attacking powerhouse and a joy to watch..

A difficult game to predict the All out winner with both teams having so much on the line..
It will be a close fought encounter, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw, or decided by a single point or 2..

Enjoy your evening everyone, need to pick up some HPS bulbs and coco feed, it's only a 90min drive 🤣

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I havent heard of plaice but i guess it's the proper name for flounder? Ugly looking fish (it's flat and both eyes are on the top side) but darn if it isnt good eating. I think Culver's sells a flounder fish sandwich during Lent. Do u observe Lent, superx?
Shrimp and chicken fried rice is a great dish but u are sensitive to msg? Uncle Roger would disagree with u and insist MSG is what makes great fried rice:

That sounds next level. I too enjoy inserting my large pole into a soft and warm roll. Oh who am i kidding; I insert my tiny pole into DB's side titty.

It does seem to be a neater way of eating a hot dog, but doesnt leave much room for other toppings, unless you make a hole much bigger than the wiener. You guys ever have that problem, when the hole is much bigger than the wiener? Is it just me?

I love a good offense, so half the mortgage on Cork. Is the other half going on Galway or Armagh?

Is it 90mins each way or round trip? That is quite a hike for supplies, best to make a day of it. Go out to eat, hit up the other shops you rarely get to, etc.

superx

Veteran
Who the fuck is uncle Roger 🤣 I take it he's not related to Uncle Ben, good asian restaurants especially Thai and Japanese don't use MSG, they make a point by stipulating this on their menus, the first thing you read on the menu is, we do not use msg, its usually in bold..Natural flavours is a fine balancing act, layers which are built upon with out the enhancers..(Natural flavouring)

There is not much eating on plaice they are nice grilled with side salad, I believe its a speices of flounder Baaba, they tend to come in breadcrumbs when dinning out, depending on size I wouldn't have a problem eating 2 or 3 of them..

I'm liking the look of that hotdogger, your rite about the toppings using this method as its difficult cramming them in.

90mins there and 90min back man, it's a decent shop and well stocked so worth the trip. And for sure, I will be able to call into my favourite butchers shop on the way, he usually has veal/rabbit/venison/goat and the most amazing marbled rib eye steaks.

Keep the mortgage Babba, these games are to close to call, the hurling and the football..
You would need to place significant amounts of money to make it worth your while..

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
really @superx they hollow out the bun and insert the dog in the middle!
that sounds next level
i have never heard of such a thing but it sounds brilliant! what else are the great minds of ireland going to come up with next

they were dietz and watson, a good brand usually found at deli counters, she goes to the german market to get them
im not a fan of fish or seafood but it was really good and light eating
perfect for this time of year
i like some fish more than others but im just not a fish guy
i can rock that mixed fried rice but im going full on fob* and using spam!
fresh carrots, onions and scrambled eggs with a touch of soy
uncle rodger is a comedian here who reviews people fried rice dishes, i dont know if he has expanded his palette yet, but its pretty funny especially if you are asian
football is still a few months away but this year we get summer olympics!
ever watch people run in circles or throw sticks down a field?
i have
i love the olympics
so youre saying the hurling final is too close to call x'man?
that just raises babas pulse and makes him want to bet moar!!!

@Bababooey
yeah i wish i lived right on the coast! even a couple blocks away, that would be sweet!
/why do i have to live in poverty?!
i live in the coastal zone, yeah about4- 5m sounds right, i can get to several beach from my house with a 20m drive but the canyons offer a more direct route from where live if i wanted to walk

that burger list looks pretty legit
habit : #1
in n out #2
ive never heard of burgerfi? how long have they been around?
habits ok but for being so close i dont go there that much
when i do i get a dbl char with a 50/50 ( half onion rings, half fries)
i would love to try culvers! and one day when im driving around im going to go out of my way to check one out
in n out is solid but limited in their menu
i could have hit up some buddies and tried doing it myself but im nursing some broken ribs from a few weeks back and dident want to hassle with it
/could have saved a hundy but f'it
it was worth it to pay the these guys to come out and take care of the job (brought out the new opener, installed it, tuned up the springs and lubed everything up and hauled the old one away)
i was afraid to click on that video at first, i thought it was some kind of sex toy, but i guess thats the holy hotdogger!
it looks interesting but like you said, it dosent leave much room for toppings
ill stick with my hot dogs on a stick

*fresh off the boat

superx

Veteran
really @superx they hollow out the bun and insert the dog in the middle!
that sounds next level
i have never heard of such a thing but it sounds brilliant! what else are the great minds of ireland going to come up with next

they were dietz and watson, a good brand usually found at deli counters, she goes to the german market to get them
im not a fan of fish or seafood but it was really good and light eating
perfect for this time of year
i like some fish more than others but im just not a fish guy
i can rock that mixed fried rice but im going full on fob* and using spam!
fresh carrots, onions and scrambled eggs with a touch of soy
uncle rodger is a comedian here who reviews people fried rice dishes, i dont know if he has expanded his palette yet, but its pretty funny especially if you are asian
football is still a few months away but this year we get summer olympics!
ever watch people run in circles or throw sticks down a field?
i have
i love the olympics
so youre saying the hurling final is too close to call x'man?
that just raises babas pulse and makes him want to bet moar!!!

@Bababooey
yeah i wish i lived right on the coast! even a couple blocks away, that would be sweet!
/why do i have to live in poverty?!
i live in the coastal zone, yeah about4- 5m sounds right, i can get to several beach from my house with a 20m drive but the canyons offer a more direct route from where live if i wanted to walk

that burger list looks pretty legit
habit : #1
in n out #2
ive never heard of burgerfi? how long have they been around?
habits ok but for being so close i dont go there that much
when i do i get a dbl char with a 50/50 ( half onion rings, half fries)
i would love to try culvers! and one day when im driving around im going to go out of my way to check one out
in n out is solid but limited in their menu
i could have hit up some buddies and tried doing it myself but im nursing some broken ribs from a few weeks back and dident want to hassle with it
/could have saved a hundy but f'it
it was worth it to pay the these guys to come out and take care of the job (brought out the new opener, installed it, tuned up the springs and lubed everything up and hauled the old one away)
i was afraid to click on that video at first, i thought it was some kind of sex toy, but i guess thats the holy hotdogger!
it looks interesting but like you said, it dosent leave much room for toppings
ill stick with my hot dogs on a stick

*fresh off the boat

Hey pops I believe that accolade of the hollowed out bun belongs to the Austrains/ Germans the birthplace of the weiner... That spam dish sounds really good, I use to cook with Asians during the 90s, one guy in particular who was from Malaysia would make scrambled eggs with spring onion and soy, the soy would turn the egg brown, tasted absolutely delicious, I still use his recipe to the day..

I thought your season kicks of in August , I got that wrong..
Not familiar with people running around in circles throwing sticks, are they aiming for a target or to see who throws it the furthest, I must check this out...
I'm a sucker for all sports and love friendly competition up to fierce rivalry.

Yes , im not giving away to many tips on the Hurling, exactly for that reason of setting of babbas heart rate, this time tomorrow he might have no house or no shoes, I couldn't live with the guilt lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Hey pops I believe that accolade of the hollowed out bun belongs to the Austrains/ Germans the birthplace of the weiner... That spam dish sounds really good, I use to cook with Asians during the 90s, one guy in particular who was from Malaysia would make scrambled eggs with spring onion and soy, the soy would turn the egg brown, tasted absolutely delicious, I still use his recipe to the day..

I thought your season kicks of in August , I got that wrong..
Not familiar with people running around in circles throwing sticks, are they aiming for a target or to see who throws it the furthest, I must check this out...
I'm a sucker for all sports and love friendly competition up to fierce rivalry.

Yes , im not giving away to many tips on the Hurling, exactly for that reason of setting of babbas heart rate, this time tomorrow he might have no house or no shoes, I couldn't live with the guilt lol
the nfl preseason kicks off in aug and im not excited at all!
/runs around in random circles
but the real footy does not start till alter
speaking of which, we have to get you a team X
green onions and egg are always good
the olympics are rad with people running around in circles, throwing things at nothing and there is basketball too for those round ball heads (im looking at you @Bababooey and @G.O. Joe )
i like other sports like the swimming and wrasslin but its all fun
/im sure they taek action on all this, so we can watch baba lose even more money!

USA USA USA

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I've got horse racing from Saratoga on Fox 5-7. This international basketball game is still on. Going to place some wagers tonight. I have a free $5 MGM bet I can use for baseball as well. Anyone gamble on horses racing? Ever watch Saratoga?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
for some stupid reason i made you a graphic @Bababooey
pops map.jpg

the blue part on the left is the pacific ocean. i live in the pinkish area
you know, the gay part of town*
im not going to give you an exact location, you must first decipher a series of clues and perform a variety of sex acts for that information

*this is actually not the gay part of san diego
https://sdpride.org/festival/

/GHAHAAAAA why do i live here again?!

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I found uncle roger when i searched for fried rice recipes. He actually knows how to make a good fried rice but he does insist on using msg.
Does MSG give u a headache? That happens to some people. I use it in like a 10:1 ratio of salt/MSG, so not much, but i feel it helps bring out the flavors, like salt does.

Did u get anything good at the butcher? Some game meat? Is it like farm raised or actually shot by hunters?
Some people here in the US eat bison instead of beef because it's leaner, so a bit healthier.

Alright ill avoid placing bets on the games tomorrow but I reserve the right to do something drastic if i find out my bets would have won (Cork and Galway, for the record).

Ive heard of dietz, that stuff's too fancy for me. Im usually eating the cheap sams club sliced roast beef which has a texture that's suspiciously uniform and spoils easily.

Burgerfi started in florida over 10 years ago, theyre mostly on the east coast but they have 1 location in IL that ive been to. The furthest west they are is 1 restaurant in denver.
It's a good burger but not that different than shake shack.

I guess im looking forward to the olympics? Ill check out track n field, the sprints, maybe some swimming? The USA's new Dream team is competing in basketball, they almost lost to South Sudan today but overall theyve been impressive.

I know almost nothing about horse racing, DB, have u figured out a system that works for u?

That whole map is San diego?
That gay pride festival looks like it has some interesting musical acts.

Just watched jake paul beat up another MMA guy and celebrate like he's awesome. My only worse regret than watching that fight is that i didnt bet on him winning by tko at -120 odds. Did bet at -390 that he'd win so made something.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I found uncle roger when i searched for fried rice recipes. He actually knows how to make a good fried rice but he does insist on using msg.
Does MSG give u a headache? That happens to some people. I use it in like a 10:1 ratio of salt/MSG, so not much, but i feel it helps bring out the flavors, like salt does.

Did u get anything good at the butcher? Some game meat? Is it like farm raised or actually shot by hunters?
Some people here in the US eat bison instead of beef because it's leaner, so a bit healthier.

Alright ill avoid placing bets on the games tomorrow but I reserve the right to do something drastic if i find out my bets would have won (Cork and Galway, for the record).

Ive heard of dietz, that stuff's too fancy for me. Im usually eating the cheap sams club sliced roast beef which has a texture that's suspiciously uniform and spoils easily.

Burgerfi started in florida over 10 years ago, theyre mostly on the east coast but they have 1 location in IL that ive been to. The furthest west they are is 1 restaurant in denver.
It's a good burger but not that different than shake shack.

I guess im looking forward to the olympics? Ill check out track n field, the sprints, maybe some swimming? The USA's new Dream team is competing in basketball, they almost lost to South Sudan today but overall theyve been impressive.

I know almost nothing about horse racing, DB, have u figured out a system that works for u?

That whole map is San diego?
That gay pride festival looks like it has some interesting musical acts.

Just watched jake paul beat up another MMA guy and celebrate like he's awesome. My only worse regret than watching that fight is that i didnt bet on him winny by tko at -120 odds. Did bet at -390 that he'd win.
i live in the north county of san diego
/san diego county is huge
the actual city of san diego is like 15m south of where i live
the dietz shit is too fancy for me too, but not for my mom
but she brought fish for lunch
thats the thing about a good burger, its always good
what about that smash burger place? i know people who swear by that
and you know i love the braums! they would be in my top-5
the olympics are cool and i will check out what they show, i also have the roku now!
so we will see what that brings!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts