What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NFL 2019-2020

superx

Veteran
id be willing to try those toppings on a good quality pizza. i had 3 big pieces of that pizza.now i need a nap
Hey Hawk;
That pizza must of knocked you out man lol

Get a nap for yourself, you'll be fine when you awake, and you can finish your pizza off..

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Good evening everybody, hope you all had a cracking day...

Sooooooo, Armagh turned over Kerry, against all the odds they reach their first All-Ireland final in 21years.
I have to take my hat of to them, a resilience and never say die attitude carried them over the finish line. Congratulations to them as nobody give them a chance... (it's good to see the underdog get there day)
We watched this in the pub, Ireland beat South Africa in the Rugby earlier today so the pubs were packed to the rafters watching the rugby and the Gaelic football.. Was a good day, and the sun was splitting the rocks..

All this corn bread and pizza chat is making me hungry.
I am also a big fan of black olives on a pizza,

My go-to pizza Is black olives/red onion/anchovies/rocket, sometimes I would substitute the anchovies for tuna instead...

I have never sampled authentic corn bread, or any other cornbread for that matter.

I definitely feel like I'm missing out, looks and sounds really good.

Is it moist like carrot cake, and can you taste the corn from it ?

Enjoy your day..
i could never get into fish on my pizza! whats next putting that shit in a taco?
and what is rocket? i know you arent that deep into the cups to be making typos like i do
how do i get this on my next pizza
oh man it sounds like a fun day out at the pub xman'
good games with the lads all packed in there nut to butt! sounds like my kind of fun
so when does the galway game kick off
remember i got my lunch money riding on this game!
/hey i make the big bets!

"Is it moist like carrot cake, and can you taste the corn from it ?"
hahah im sorry brother but even i had to laugh at this one
carrots are nothing like corn, but you are right they are just as sweet
/where are you @G.O. Joe, whats the call on carrot cake
you can get corn meal where you live right, if not check the feed stores
im not a baker but its easy peasy to make, its kind of a sweet cakey bread with a good corn taste, plus it will have a texture
i like it crumbled into beans! or with bbq

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey Hawk;
That pizza must of knocked you out man lol

Get a nap for yourself, you'll be fine when you awake, and you can finish your pizza off..
oh it did man. i saw buzz's pizza and i had to get a greasy shitty pizza.id say by the end of the year ill have tried most of the popular crappy foods. my stomach is mad at me right now lol

superx

Veteran
i could never get into fish on my pizza! whats next putting that shit in a taco?
and what is rocket? i know you arent that deep into the cups to be making typos like i do
how do i get this on my next pizza
oh man it sounds like a fun day out at the pub xman'
good games with the lads all packed in there nut to butt! sounds like my kind of fun
so when does the galway game kick off
remember i got my lunch money riding on this game!
/hey i make the big bets!

"Is it moist like carrot cake, and can you taste the corn from it ?"
hahah im sorry brother but even i had to laugh at this one
carrots are nothing like corn, but you are right they are just as sweet
/where are you @G.O. Joe, whats the call on carrot cake
you can get corn meal where you live right, if not check the feed stores
im not a baker but its easy peasy to make, its kind of a sweet cakey bread with a good corn taste, plus it will have a texture
i like it crumbled into beans! or with bbq
Hey pops you drinking whiskey? I said was the corn bread moist 'like' carrot lol

I grow lots of carrots, I'm well aware of the significance of difference between the both man 🤣
That made me giggle...

So does corn bread taste like corn, and is it moist?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Hey pops you drinking whiskey? I said was the corn bread moist 'like' carrot lol

I grow lots of carrots, I'm well aware of the significance of difference between the both man 🤣
That made me giggle...

no i drink vodka! but sorry brother, sometimes i no do thinking so good

yeah its pretty moist and tastes like corn, and when made right it has this texture that is kind of coarse but soft if that make sence
its easy to make from scratch if you have corn meal and a few simple ingredients but im not really a baker so thats about as far as i go
/most time i just get this boxed stuff
https://www.jiffymix.com/products/honey-corn-muffin-mix/
/the honey one is the bomb

Last edited:

superx

Veteran
Hey pops,

Fish tacos sound interesting enough..

The anchovies give a degree of suttleness on the salty side..
Works wonders on a thin and crispy pizza base.( along with the usual passasta and mozzarella)

Rocket is a salad leaf 🍃 ( very easy plant to grow) this adds the notes of pepper, which makes a great pairing for the saltiness of the anchovies, the rocket leaf can also give of slight hints of bitterness,
The sweetness of the red onion compliments the pizza. A match made in heaven.

Carrot carrot is delicious if home made, usually a crowd pleasure.

Hey Joe 👍 those pies you speak of are delicious man.

Years a go mississippi mud pie would of been quite popular in restaurants, I use to love that, and would always order it when eating out... I havent seen it on the menu for many moons, shame..

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Hey pops,

Fish tacos sound interesting enough..

The anchovies give a degree of suttleness on the salty side..
Works wonders on a thin and crispy pizza base.( along with the usual passasta and mozzarella)

Rocket is a salad leaf 🍃 ( very easy plant to grow) this adds the notes of pepper, which makes a great pairing for the saltiness of the anchovies, the rocket leaf can also give of slight hints of bitterness,
The sweetness of the red onion compliments the pizza. A match made in heaven.

Carrot carrot is delicious if home made, usually a crowd pleasure.

Hey Joe 👍 those pies you speak of are delicious man.

Years a go mississippi mud pie would of been quite popular in restaurants, I use to love that, and would always order it when eating out... I havent seen it on the menu for many moons, shame..
fish tacos rock and if you can get a corn tortilla its not hard to make, the mrs use to make her own masa
( this is a corn paste that is the basic building block of a lot of mexican food)
ive never heard of rocket leaf but i will have to look into it
i have a sneaking feeling the banh mi sandwiches i get are laced with this fish paste
they haves this pate in it that brings this salty umami taste that just takes them to the next level

im a fan of the mud pie but was afraid of being the first to come out of the closet
i also like the coconut cream pies and any other cream pies!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ok, Kelly lost in an upset (they were -240 favorites). Goshdangit, Im going to do something rash. Im about to drive to this Trump rally I heard about in Pennsylvania and do something Im going to regret. Ya'll will hear about it on the news. Wish me luck. I love you all.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
whats the call on carrot cake

I hereby decree that it may exist. The only one I remember was 70's-80's Duncan Hines mix, which was fine. I'd prefer it plain without icing and over yellow or white cakes, but will take chocolate anything first.

So why is it corn bread and not corn cake. Because cake is never eaten while still warm and/or with butter? I make it often and prefer nixtamalized masa harina over ground corn - the result is different and no doubt heresy in the south.

They're selling corn ice cream at state fairs now but I haven't tried it or seen this at the store. Yes, what is next - sweet potato, pecan, carrot, cabbage, fish, asparagus, pineapple, tomato, bacon, nacho cheese, onion, sour cream and onion, liver and onion? Gluten free, kids. (pumpkin pie makes a yummy ice cream - mixed with softened vanilla and refrozen - I was doing this decades before "pumpkin pie spice" ice cream was a thing)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I hereby decree that it may exist. The only one I remember was 70's-80's Duncan Hines mix, which was fine. I'd prefer it plain without icing and over yellow or white cakes, but will take chocolate anything first.

So why is it corn bread and not corn cake. Because cake is never eaten while still warm and/or with butter? I make it often and prefer nixtamalized masa harina over ground corn - the result is different and no doubt heresy in the south.

They're selling corn ice cream at state fairs now but I haven't tried it or seen this at the store. Yes, what is next - sweet potato, pecan, carrot, cabbage, fish, asparagus, pineapple, tomato, bacon, nacho cheese, onion, sour cream and onion, liver and onion? Gluten free, kids. (pumpkin pie makes a yummy ice cream - mixed with softened vanilla and refrozen - I was doing this decades before "pumpkin pie spice" ice cream was a thing)
we used to fold peanut butter in our ice cream when we were kids, i would also add raisins
/my sister said i was a weirdo

its true goJoe! carrot cake does exist and i saw it onece with my own eyes
it had a ton of frosting on top and was not bad, but i guess you could frost anything and it would be ok
"... nixtamalized masa harina" would be a great place to start! thats that serious gourmet shit

homemade tortillas are awesome, do you also make tamales?
????? whoahhh man! whoaaahhh????
why isnt cornbread cake? what is a cake?
/takes giant pull off bong
all i have are questions!

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
The 3rd place copa match is today, between uruguay and canada, Buzz. Got a bet on 'guay, hope it hits.
That race for third held no interest for me as a fair weather flopball fan.
And fuck pecan pie too, pumpkin every day.
Pumpkin pie every day would be the most wonderful way to spend a life. My birthday cake was a pumpkin pie and Mom made the best until I married MamaD.
Dad's favorite pie was pecan, but that's OK.
i would like to hear more about this key lime pie
It starts with key lime juice from key limes. Key limes are a little bigger than golf balls and they turn from green to yellow on the tree when they are ripe. They are very sensitive to cold temps so they are limited in their range. Fear not because Nellie & Joe got you covered.
1720952013590.jpeg

The rest of the ingredients are sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks poured into a graham cracker crust. Growing up the pies were not cooked. The acidic lime juice 'cooked' the egg yolks and condensed milk. The filling firmed up and the pie was done. Some folks top it with meringue others like whipped cream topping. Nowadays the recipe calls for baking the pie due to raw egg concerns.
pumpkin/sweet potato pie would be at the bottom of the list
You are disinvited from my birthday party for mentioning sweet potatoes and pumpkins in the same sentence. @G.O. Joe knows this, but you ignored him. You can still send me a present because I like you.
god damnit buzz.id pay $20 for that pizza right now.
$15 and it's yours.
Damnit buzz look what you made me do!
It was the very least I could do so I did it. Little Caesar did a good job from the picture you put up.
Is it moist like carrot cake, and can you taste the corn from it ?
No it not, and there is not a corn flavor if the recipe is only using corn meal and flour. Some people add canned corn to the recipe which makes for a moister cornbread.
It does not taste like corn and has a texture similar to soda bread. Crumbly but will hold its shape when cut, and it will soak up as much Kerry Gold as you would like to slather. Breaking it up into a bowl of chili is very good too.
ive never heard of rocket leaf
Roquette is arugula.
my sister said i was a weirdo
I believe her. It's OK. The world needs weirdos like us.

There's a bluebird outside talking to the rising sun, but the clouds are not parting. What would Willie say?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
homemade tortillas are awesome, do you also make tamales?

I would never blaspheme Gringo Blanco the flour tortilla god by doing such an unthinkable thing for my burritos. If masa harina is gourmet, then there are a lot of Mexican gourmets. I've been there and would disagree. Tamales are not exactly the low hanging fruit of Mexican cookery and sopapillas are almost as good.

The best pumpkin pie starts with the best pumpkin/squash, unfortunately you can't get this out of a can and the cans are getting worse.

superx

Veteran
Hey Pops,

Galway won against Donegal, does this mean your buying steaks for the boys?

England playing Spain tonight in the final..

superx

Veteran
Ok, Kelly lost in an upset (they were -240 favorites). Goshdangit, Im going to do something rash. Im about to drive to this Trump rally I heard about in Pennsylvania and do something Im going to regret. Ya'll will hear about it on the news. Wish me luck. I love you all.
Restrain yourself babba lol

Did you get RTE back up and running?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Alright, looks like someone beat me to the Trump rally. Turned around and headed back home.

Man, I made a bunch of cornbread 2-3 weeks ago, just finished the last of it yesterday, wish i could post pics. Just used a recipe off the internet but replaced the white flour with masa/harina, like GJ uses. Made it a little denser and drier but with enough butter and honey it was fine. Like GJ and Buzz said, gotta have the butter to moisten it up.
GJ's idea to mash up pumpkin pie with softened ice cream and refreeze it is definitely something im going to try in the future.

It's been ages since i had carrot cake but from what i remember it was mostly sweet, especially the frosting. It's not really health food, u put enough sugar into anything it becomes a dessert i guess, and carrots do have a natural sweetness to them so making cake with it isnt the worst idea, but i understand where GJ is coming from.

Dang it! Laid a bet on Novak to win wimbledon and over 40 games, and he got swept by Alcarez, plus I missed out on the Galway win! Knew I should have inversed myself! Whats this about George Costanza taking it out? Taking what out, his peepee?
That's it, im heading out again! When's Biden's next appearance?

This is me being calm, Superx. It's the cannabis that prevents me from killing ya'll.

In other news, Jacoby Jones, the WR/returner who was key to the Ravens 2012 superbowl run, died yesterday at the age of 40. No word on cause of death.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Hey Pops,

Galway won against Donegal, does this mean your buying steaks for the boys?

England playing Spain tonight in the final..
you know it my friend!
plus we will even get a pumpkin pie for @buzzmobile and @G.O. Joe
england v spain kicks off at noon today so im going to check out some of the flop ball while i eat lunch later
/im thinking of making a chicken salad and having it in a tortilla wrap
I would never blaspheme Gringo Blanco the flour tortilla god by doing such an unthinkable thing for my burritos. If masa harina is gourmet, then there are a lot of Mexican gourmets. I've been there and would disagree. Tamales are not exactly the low hanging fruit of Mexican cookery and sopapillas are almost as good.

The best pumpkin pie starts with the best pumpkin/squash, unfortunately you can't get this out of a can and the cans are getting worse.
the mrs never made flour tortillas but the corn ones were easy peasy for her to make
we have a press she would use and they were like puffed pillows of corn goodness
i am a fan all fried breads and would gladly take a bite
my neighbors used to make tamales a few times a year, their whole family would get together and sit in the kitchen filling the corn wrappers with various delicious delights
im not sure what kind of masa they used but the tamales were out of sight
/watch out for the pina!

That race for third held no interest for me as a fair weather flopball fan.

Pumpkin pie every day would be the most wonderful way to spend a life. My birthday cake was a pumpkin pie and Mom made the best until I married MamaD.
Dad's favorite pie was pecan, but that's OK.

It starts with key lime juice from key limes. Key limes are a little bigger than golf balls and they turn from green to yellow on the tree when they are ripe. They are very sensitive to cold temps so they are limited in their range. Fear not because Nellie & Joe got you covered.
View attachment 19032384
The rest of the ingredients are sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks poured into a graham cracker crust. Growing up the pies were not cooked. The acidic lime juice 'cooked' the egg yolks and condensed milk. The filling firmed up and the pie was done. Some folks top it with meringue others like whipped cream topping. Nowadays the recipe calls for baking the pie due to raw egg concerns.

You are disinvited from my birthday party for mentioning sweet potatoes and pumpkins in the same sentence. @G.O. Joe knows this, but you ignored him. You can still send me a present because I like you.

$15 and it's yours.

It was the very least I could do so I did it. Little Caesar did a good job from the picture you put up.

No it not, and there is not a corn flavor if the recipe is only using corn meal and flour. Some people add canned corn to the recipe which makes for a moister cornbread.

It does not taste like corn and has a texture similar to soda bread. Crumbly but will hold its shape when cut, and it will soak up as much Kerry Gold as you would like to slather. Breaking it up into a bowl of chili is very good too.

Roquette is arugula.

I believe her. It's OK. The world needs weirdos like us.

There's a bluebird outside talking to the rising sun, but the clouds are not parting. What would Willie say?

now thats what im talking about, a good key lime pie!
i am going to go out and get these ingredients! and make one
i just dont eat sweets like i used to
you guys and your orange gourd based pies, thats pilgrim shit
i get it and my mom love them too, i will give you a hard pass on that one
but i will get you something nice for your birthday!
https://shop.floridagators.com/
go nuts buddy! its on me

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Alright, looks like someone beat me to the Trump rally. Turned around and headed back home.

Man, I made a bunch of cornbread 2-3 weeks ago, just finished the last of it yesterday, wish i could post pics. Just used a recipe off the internet but replaced the white flour with masa/harina, like GJ uses. Made it a little denser and drier but with enough butter and honey it was fine. Like GJ and Buzz said, gotta have the butter to moisten it up.
GJ's idea to mash up pumpkin pie with softened ice cream and refreeze it is definitely something im going to try in the future.

It's been ages since i had carrot cake but from what i remember it was mostly sweet, especially the frosting. It's not really health food, u put enough sugar into anything it becomes a dessert i guess, and carrots do have a natural sweetness to them so making cake with it isnt the worst idea, but i understand where GJ is coming from.

Dang it! Laid a bet on Novak to win wimbledon and over 40 games, and he got swept by Alcarez, plus I missed out on the Galway win! Knew I should have inveresed myself! Whats this about George Costanza taking it out? Taking what out, his peepee?
That's it, im heading out again! When's Biden's next appearance?

This is me being calm, Superx. It's the cannabis that prevents me from killing ya'll.

In other news, Jacoby Jones, the WR/returner who was key to the Ravens 2012 superbowl run, died yesterday at the age of 40. No word on cause of death.
there he is! i was worried about you for a second there baba
i saw what happened on the tv and at first all i could hear were a few small pops, but if you slow down the audio and play it backwards! i distinctly hear the words bababooey! bababooey in the background
have you ever tried that place called cold stone, where they will mix up your ice cream with all the toppings? right in front of you
now you are betting on tennis? how about stick spending all your money on pies or corn bread
luckily i won on galway again (my boys!) so dinner is on me

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha, yeah that was me in the background, except I was yelling Go Trump Go while someone else was yelling my name.
So are they going to start banning ARs now that one almost took out Dear Leader?

Ive been to cold stone creamery before, that place was the shiznit.
Knew Djoker was going to run out of steam but kept telling myself otherwise, rode the hot hand in the mens and women's brackets (paolina and djokovic) till the finals but should have reversed at that point.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
have the soccer finals going on tv, so is this what watching flop ball is like?
with all these athletic guys running around you would think i would be at more than half chub
/a soft half chub!!
if this were the nfl i would have full wood by now and feeling dizzy from lack of blood to my brain
i guess im rooting for the guys in red

i saw you in the crowd,
fist pumping with a sweet mullet and maga wife beater on inside out?
that was you right
cold stone was is the shiznit! but kind of expensive
it was one of those birthday places we would go, the kids loved it

so i guess its the half? now
i was already at half chub, so divide that by half and what am i left with

superx

Veteran
Pretty average first half,

England sitting deep and suffocating Spain, I would say, there game plan has worked in the first half.
Englands goal keeper was comfortable..

Both teams look frustrated, let's hope the second half will be more open, something has to give..