What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

blondie

@Maria Sanchez This is just over one year old bushweed Mm x hz21 . When I first opened it up a nice strong whiff of mint. But.. it was gone in seconds. Getting ready to hit it. This one got quite dark and I think the sweat took at two days dry in my environment.

Attachments

• FA3B0A85-15F6-42CC-B6B0-365FF985D243.jpeg
    FA3B0A85-15F6-42CC-B6B0-365FF985D243.jpeg
    589.9 KB · Views: 60
  • CD3FCB6B-16BD-4179-B77A-BA14CE0E06DB.jpeg
    CD3FCB6B-16BD-4179-B77A-BA14CE0E06DB.jpeg
    553.2 KB · Views: 61

Maria Sanchez

@Maria Sanchez This is just over one year old bushweed Mm x hz21 . When I first opened it up a nice strong whiff of mint. But.. it was gone in seconds. Getting ready to hit it. This one got quite dark and I think the sweat took at two days dry in my environment.
Keep us updated with how she smokes!
That's a nice 1 year cob cure.
My (NvHz 18 x MML) x (NvHz 21 x MM) NLD pheno is hitting flowering now.
She's got some decent size on her, almost six feet tall, with many colas forming.
Should produce well, so plan to make some into cob, too.
PXL_20240821_013532013.jpg

gumzgi

@graser some sulfur deficiency i think theres to much nutrients on that soil its old manure, every year happens that on some leafs when its to hot on that particular spot, this year was to hot and its still 35c, never watered nothing this year , some plots dried becouse the spot didnt retained water at all
this shoud be apple fritter or cereal milk i forgot wich one
IMG_20240818_114952.jpg

Baba Karuna

Plants are looking fantastic everyone 🤩 very excited to feel the anticipation of our approaching harvest season. It will be here soon 🙌🏼 I’m eyeing this Egyptian x Peruvian that is flowering so fast that I’ll get to cob her by October 🥰

🪷Om Mani Padme Hum🪷

Attachments

• IMG_8614.jpeg
    IMG_8614.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8610.jpeg
    IMG_8610.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30

Aetheric

Greetings Cobbers! I joined this website just to post here. I want to thank you all so much for this epic thread!! I came across it last November after I jarred my harvest so it was too late to properly try making cobs then, but I've had plenty of time to study all of your combined knowledge/experience and prepare for this year. I've got a Bangi Haze, a Zamaldelica x Kali China, and a Panama Red out in the garden right now flowering beautifully! All organic living soil. These seeds were bought and grown solely for cob making purposes, I may only keep 1 jar of buds from each to compare the cures. I have 5 other hybrids growing that I'll make some cobs from as well (Godberry, Bubba's gift, Blackberry Moonrocks, Tropicana Punch, KushDiesel)

Here's a pic of a couple practice cobs I made with fresh buds (6 days dry) from an indoor grower friend that got me some of the hybrid plants. Blackberry Moonrocks on the left, Tropicana Punch on the right:
20240724_104621.jpg

(1hr sweat in crockpot on low setting, 7 days at 40°C, aged one month)

Tangwena

Veteran
Greetings Cobbers! I joined this website just to post here. I want to thank you all so much for this epic thread!! I came across it last November after I jarred my harvest so it was too late to properly try making cobs then, but I've had plenty of time to study all of your combined knowledge/experience and prepare for this year. I've got a Bangi Haze, a Zamaldelica x Kali China, and a Panama Red out in the garden right now flowering beautifully! All organic living soil. These seeds were bought and grown solely for cob making purposes, I may only keep 1 jar of buds from each to compare the cures. I have 5 other hybrids growing that I'll make some cobs from as well (Godberry, Bubba's gift, Blackberry Moonrocks, Tropicana Punch, KushDiesel)

Here's a pic of a couple practice cobs I made with fresh buds (6 days dry) from an indoor grower friend that got me some of the hybrid plants. Blackberry Moonrocks on the left, Tropicana Punch on the right:
View attachment 19059150
(1hr sweat in crockpot on low setting, 7 days at 40°C, aged one month)
Indeed welcome my friend the contributors to this thread have made a wealth of knowledge available to keen people like yourself over the years thats for sure.
Those look well on the way to a good cure nice job man.
The Panama you have growing should make some dreamy highs I am sure.
The Zam and Bangi Haze will also rock I am sure.
Welcome to the new old world my friend.

Tangwena

Veteran
This is Ace Panama. About 30 days in a vac bag at 18-19% moisture. I opened it to finish drying down to 12% in the Cannatrol. The smell is sweet, floral, a little spice and amazing. Once it is finished drying back, I’ll revac bag it for long term cure.
View attachment 19061097
Truly beautiful brother thats a pearler of a cure Panama is kick ass cured like that and I know what you mean about the smell too.
Panama has one the best aromas around cured like that nice job man.

mike-or-ozzy

@Tangwena , how do you process/break up the herb just before rolling it up to compress? Like one would to roll a joint ? I am ready to start in a day or 2 . TIA

edit: I've made cobs the past 2 years and don't care for the sticks that I left in them. I know you leave seeds which imo are not as bad as stems when chewing.

Last edited:

CDNINCA

@mike-or-ozzy, here's how I prep mine for cobbing... I just remove all the large stems that I don't want in the final cob but I leave the buds pretty much intact - unless they have a large-ish internal stem. In that case, I might break it open a bit to remove the stem, leaving the remaining bits sort of chunky. When rolled/ compressed, they all meld together nicely.
A couple of pics, or it didn't happen as they say :). Also, in the first shot you can see that I use a sushi roller and parchment paper to roll it all up nice and tight. If I have corn husks I use them too but they are not usually available when the time for cobbing arrives!
Cheers!

1.JPG
2.JPG

3.JPG

Last edited:

CDNINCA

My pleasure @mike-or-ozzy , just trying to help a brother out! I'm sure that there are many other ways of doing this but this approach sure seems to work fine for me! I didn't use the sushi mat for my earlier cobs and they turned out just fine so it's not really needed. After all, I kind of like the look of them when they look like a "cob-turd" anyway :) Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts