What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

CDNINCA

They sprout, I find that the process makes the shells harder but I have multiple plants in the garden this year grown from cobbed seeds 😎
Thanks for the info, I was wondering the same thing! I've been collecting some seeds from one cob that I have which somehow ended up with seeds in it. Dang neighbors... just kidding, they might sprout and be something good! Cheers all!

Baba Karuna

Harvested some bananas today and had this beautiful little blossom left over from the bottom of the bunch. Used it to make some nice Cobs 🥰

🪷Jai Mata Di🪷

Attachments

• IMG_8032.jpeg
    IMG_8032.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8038.jpeg
    IMG_8038.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8050.jpeg
    IMG_8050.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8060.jpeg
    IMG_8060.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Rastafarout

Premium user
Harvested some bananas today and had this beautiful little blossom left over from the bottom of the bunch. Used it to make some nice Cobs 🥰

🪷Jai Mata Di🪷
If you break those bottom bit off the banna when you can see it’s stopped throwing more bananas
They don’t grow any bigger
If break it off at just the right time you will have a more bigger bananas per bunch
Kind of like picking off the larf buds
It’s steals energy
You can kind of see when it’s stopped pushing bananas
Try it on a few bunches

Edit - I know you using it for cobs just giving a tip 🙏🏻

Baba Karuna

If you break those bottom bit off the banna when you can see it’s stopped throwing more bananas
They don’t grow any bigger
If break it off at just the right time you will have a more bigger bananas per bunch
Kind of like picking off the larf buds
It’s steals energy
You can kind of see when it’s stopped pushing bananas
Try it on a few bunches

Edit - I know you using it for cobs just giving a tip 🙏🏻
Thank you so much for the tip 🤩 I’ll definitely have to give this a go 😊🙏🏼

CDNINCA

Have you got any pics brother I have one growing right now and the terps are unreal?
Grown in the sun like yours the high would have to be awesome.
Sorry @Tangwena, I‘m in Canada at the moment, visiting family, and don’t have the cobs with me to take a pic of! When I return in a couple of weeks I’ll be sure to post a few, they look, and are, amazing! Cheers all!

Too bad that bringing them with me wasn’t possible, ah well, they continue to age while I’m waiting to get back to them!

Tangwena

Veteran
Sorry @Tangwena, I‘m in Canada at the moment, visiting family, and don’t have the cobs with me to take a pic of! When I return in a couple of weeks I’ll be sure to post a few, they look, and are, amazing! Cheers all!

Too bad that bringing them with me wasn’t possible, ah well, they continue to age while I’m waiting to get back to them!
I hope your enjoying your trip brother.

JimmyFromUA

My second experience with cobs Lower small buds Malawi Gold(Seeds of Africa) Freshly cut sweating 24 hours at 40 Celsius. Now I'm storing it for a week at room temperature. There is a small white coating on the cobs, but this is clearly mold, is this normal?And tell me, am I on the right track?

P.s. excuse me for my terrible english
IMG_20240806_181614602.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
My second experience with cobs Lower small buds Malawi Gold(Seeds of Africa) Freshly cut sweating 24 hours at 40 Celsius. Now I'm storing it for a week at room temperature. There is a small white coating on the cobs, but this is clearly mold, is this normal?And tell me, am I on the right track?

P.s. excuse me for my terrible english
View attachment 19044084
I cant see any mold in the pictures but if you think its developing best to dry it thoroughly to stop it developing.
They look well fermented already so now its just ageing which is best done vacuum sealed to prevent mold forming.
Good job though they look just the right color my friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts