What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Taima-da

If you feel that it IS mould you can stop it by exposing to the sun for twenty minutes or so, flipping so that the entire surface gets exposure. Most of the good stuff is within the cob, protected from the light, so you won't damage it with short exposure. Then dry and seal, you should be good.

Cap.420

just checking the situation :cool:stay healthy and high :rasta::smoweed:

IMG_5390.jpeg IMG_5389.jpeg

Tmik

one year old. Acapulco Gold.

This has been in a grove bag for 8 months and I’m really happy how well it stored in the bag. You could break it off and see It wasn’t bone dry and had a moisture content that seems to work.

Smoking some: it was super smooth, clean smoke. Earthy, spice, slightly sweet in flavor. More mellow, relaxing and sedate high than the original flower so there was a change in effect - for me.

Compared to 8 moth old cob, this 12 month cob is noticeably better in flavor, smoothness and effect.
FWIW

IMG_5660.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5661.jpeg
    IMG_5661.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69

Baba Karuna

Opened up some new Peruvian cobs. These were made from smaller plants that smelled of fruit, spicy haze, and were slightly astringent. Now they have been maturing for 8 months and have developed a distinctive chocolate, cherry, and tobacco scent. After chewing the effect is intensely psychedelic, euphoric, energizing, centered and blissful. Real high vibration herb with a beautiful aura 🥰

🪷Jai Hanuman🪷

Attachments

• IMG_8277.jpeg
    IMG_8277.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8273.jpeg
    IMG_8273.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8271.jpeg
    IMG_8271.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8279.jpeg
    IMG_8279.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8266.jpeg
    IMG_8266.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54

cellardwellar420

This has been in a grove bag for 8 months and I’m really happy how well it stored in the bag. You could break it off and see It wasn’t bone dry and had a moisture content that seems to work.

Smoking some: it was super smooth, clean smoke. Earthy, spice, slightly sweet in flavor. More mellow, relaxing and sedate high than the original flower so there was a change in effect - for me.

Compared to 8 moth old cob, this 12 month cob is noticeably better in flavor, smoothness and effect.
FWIW

View attachment 19046825
Wow, i got to try this, look so tasty

Tangwena

Veteran

FWIW

View attachment 19046825
Beautiful aged cob brother. I like the fact that the grove bags helped to maintain the perfect moisture content.
I have never tried that nice post.

Buzzzzd

Hey fellow Cobsters...My Mulanje Gold is doing very nicely and I was wondering if, when you prep for cobbing, do you try to remove as much stem material as possible or do you leave it attached??? Maybe it is better to leave big stems just so they are easier to spot and remove after??
Thanx in advance!! :good:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey fellow Cobsters...My Mulanje Gold is doing very nicely and I was wondering if, when you prep for cobbing, do you try to remove as much stem material as possible or do you leave it attached??? Maybe it is better to leave big stems just so they are easier to spot and remove after??
Thanx in advance!! :good:
Sometimes large stems retain too much moisture and can be the source of mold IMO.
When in the rare case mold develops its usually started around larger stems.
Any pics of the buds?
I have some aging right now and the smell is so amazing I just love it its unique.

CDNINCA

Have you got any pics brother I have one growing right now and the terps are unreal?
Grown in the sun like yours the high would have to be awesome.
Hey @Tangwena, as requested, here are a couple of pics of two of the CGxDLxMulanje cobs that I have going. It was hard to pick the "best" two to photograph, I've got a few and they are all beautiful!
These are almost 9 months old and getting more amazing every day, the aromas are spectacular! And I had to try a "little" and the buzz is mighty!

Cheers all!

P.S. Sneak peak preview of cobs to come... visible just above my thumb in the second pic! :)
1.jpeg
2.jpeg

Buzzzzd

Any pics of the buds?
I wish I was at that stage!! :dance013: I figure I have another month or two. I sure hope that they are past the stretch. I was hoping to finish off in the green house but they hardly fit thru the door now and I can only get four of my six to squeeze in. They are in rolling tubs and I can hardly reach the handle!!!! :whee: I am close to harvesting a Super Stinky auto.
So, what do we call too large...anything larger than a match stick??

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey @Tangwena, as requested, here are a couple of pics of two of the CGxDLxMulanje cobs that I have going. It was hard to pick the "best" two to photograph, I've got a few and they are all beautiful!
These are almost 9 months old and getting more amazing every day, the aromas are spectacular! And I had to try a "little" and the buzz is mighty!

Cheers all!

P.S. Sneak peak preview of cobs to come... visible just above my thumb in the second pic! :)
View attachment 19050830 View attachment 19050832
Thanks for the eye candy brother very nice job perfect colour.
I cant wait for mine, the cobs of the CGxDL I have are 18 months old and crazy good.
The cobs of the Mulanje cross like yours are aging and will be 4 months old by Christmas what stinkers.
I tried a bit of 2 week aged cob the other day and was amazed it had no sedation they usually do that young. Bodes well for a euphoric trippy high that I love. Much respect brother.

Tangwena

Veteran
I wish I was at that stage!! :dance013: I figure I have another month or two. I sure hope that they are past the stretch. I was hoping to finish off in the green house but they hardly fit thru the door now and I can only get four of my six to squeeze in. They are in rolling tubs and I can hardly reach the handle!!!! :whee: I am close to harvesting a Super Stinky auto.
Nice they can be beasts if you let them grow thats for sure.
As far as the stalks go anything not part of the bud should be cut off the rest should be fine.
I dream of the day I can grow outside you are lucky brother.
I chewed some year old Mulanje Gold cob the other day after spending a week on the Colombian Gold/Demon Latcher cobs and though both highs are top shelf they are at opposite ends of the spectrum as far as effects go.
The CG/DL is trippy, euphoric and cruisy lasts all day.
The Mulanje is like being 16 and hung and full of cum again ha ha.
I go absolutely off the rails its so much fun, like being king of the world for the day BIG lift in energy and power.
Great for fishing. I feel like I'm going to catch a fish every cast even after 100 without a fish ha ha. The next cast will always be the one ha ha.
The two together should be outstandingly positive effect wise.

CDNINCA

Hey @Buzzed,

I just re-read your message and think I missed something the first time around. Hopefully I'm reading it correctly this time! If I'm not, please ignore the rest of this.

Anyway, if by saying "I wish I was at that stage!!" you think my plants are close to coming in, well, they aren't. The one in the picture still has a looooong way to go if it is similar to the CG xDL x Mulanje plant I grew last year. That plant didn't get harvested until mid-November here!! It set a record for the latest to get harvested for me! It was 22 weeks/ 154 days from seed planting to harvest - with 9 weeks of flowering. I think that's why it's so good :)

Since the seeds for the plant in the picture that I posted came from the same "brother/ friend/ expert..." I'm betting that it has at least 2+ months to go! Nice problem to have, it's such a beautiful plant! I've got others that will finish sooner so I won't have to wait quite so long to get cobbing again.

Anyway, you might want to plan for a bit longer of a road ahead, it will be worth it!!

Cheers!