What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@Hombre del mont here is the Zenith bud on a stick I took down today 12 weeks from seed sprouting.
Sticky and hugely aromatic lots of resin it will make a nice little cob ball.

View attachment 19031203 View attachment 19031204 View attachment 19031205
I'm thinking that's pheno#1; the bud structure is a little like an indica, despite it being 100% Sat.
I thought I'd prefer #1, with it being more energetic, but I actually prefer #2, with it's euphoric floaty feel. Great for a siesta space out.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
I'm thinking that's pheno#1; the bud structure is a little like an indica, despite it being 100% Sat.
I thought I'd prefer #1, with it being more energetic, but I actually prefer #2, with it's euphoric floaty feel. Great for a siesta spaced out.
Yeah it looks like a big calyx type bud from the Panama but the aroma is new to me it will cob up nice as its super sticky.
I'm drying it at the moment going for 3 to 4 day dry.
Both the KA5 and the Destroyer fem have distinctive aromas its easy to tell them from the Mulanje now.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hello, guys
7 months ago, I made cobs for the first time and I'm sure that the fermentation went well View attachment 19031894 View attachment 19031895 but I think that the temperature in the crockpot was too high, and because of that I lost the 60-70% of taste, but the feeling of being high is very strong View attachment 19031898 View attachment 19031897 . greetings from sunny :headbange🌞Croatia View attachment 19031899 Stay healthy and high:rasta:
Those buds in your hand look perfect to me also.
What was it made from?
Was it vacuum sealed?
I've been getting into my Colombian cobs I haven't found one that is bad yet all euphoric and zero sedation. The high lasts all day I love it.

Cap.420

I haven't tried chewing them yet, but I will definitely try, :rasta: I vacuumed the cobs and I did the same with purple punch and sweet Zenzation from sweet Seeds . end of 2023 ,my indoor
IMG_5280.jpeg IMG_5279.jpeg IMG_5278.jpeg
Diy home made osram panel 300W
IMG_5281.jpeg

Stay high :smoker:

ost

Would it be a good idea to mix in a little glycerin to take some of the "sting" out of the alcohol???
burns like hell the first few doses then calms down to where it is no big deal from the eye dropper!i dont,use the .glycerin have much faith in the
I’m not sure what it looked like after the ferment. I never unsealed it. There were no visible signs of moisture leaking thru the vacuum seal. So I kept it sealed and let it go. I’m gonna open it up this Sunday for the first time. That’ll be about 10 days after sweat

Wow. Glad you are still here Ost. This is a crazy story. What would the doctor have done if the nurses didnt stick up for you? Are you feeling better now?
yep feeling better still weak as a wet cat in cold water , but i;am getting stronger every other day!

ost

poor thing here was on the edge ,of useing the cord/remote from tv for self defence ! day two on the loose second cob chew is gone! has a real sweet smell,for a young ,it was chosen on color alone!the buzz is great!
thanks for the positive vibes ,for a day or two i thought,they had me pinned to a bed i wanted nothing to do with i met my out of pocket . so all they had to do was keep me in a stste i coulda'nton anser any quistons and they had me for three day physo hold,after havin me pined to for three weeks my wife seemed to really be happy to see my eyes after 9 days of nothing but eye lids! i hate what i put her thru!

ost

I hope this shit passes brother I hate hospitals myself the last time I visited one it was a teaching hospital.
You are in there just for the new doctors and surgeons to practice on!
I checked myself out after 6 hours when they said I had to stay overnight.
No fucking way I'm ever going back I'd rather die naturally.
i think they should be practiceing on is the bunch from the capitoal,reason for that is the bunch up there will leave very little to chance when it comes to their their health

Lehmi

In February 2024, I tested adding a few drops of sauerkraut juice to a semi-dry flower in order to vacuum pack it immediately.

I left it on the radiator for a few days (approx. 35-40°C/ 95°-104°F) and then forgot about it in the cupboard until yesterday.

Here are a few photos of this test piece. (front and back)
Sauerkraut_01.JPG

Sauerkraut_03.JPG

On opening, a pleasant, spicy pepper aroma was noticeable, very unusual for the Afghan Kush/WW, the piece was also still a little soft with some residual moisture.
Today, after a day, it is already a little drier and smoky flavours are added. I am absolutely fascinated!

Sauerkraut_05.JPG

Sauerkraut_06.JPG

The macros show (I assume) the bacterial activity, you can see some kind of crystals.
I'm curious to see how other experiments will go with it, with other strains, for next season.

Sauerkraut_08.JPG

Sauerkraut_09.JPG

Sauerkraut_10.JPG

Grey mould can neither be seen nor smelled.

As usual with fermented pieces, the effect is wonderful, for me somehow "rounder", more pleasant than conventionally dried flowers.

So the experiment was a success. (y)

Sauerkraut_11.JPG

Last edited:

Lehmi

What did the sauerkraut do ?
Since sauerkraut is fermented cabbage (and also smells and tastes like it ;) ), the juice has lactic acid bacteria, and that was the point of this test.

Unfortunately, I can't explain exactly what happens to the weed and the active ingredients, I only have a very basic knowledge of chemistry.
But as far as I know, the anaerobic lactic acid bacteria can still grow due to the exclusion of oxygen.

It should also works with kimchi juice, I suppose, or other sources of lactic acid bacteria.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Since sauerkraut is fermented cabbage (and also smells and tastes like it ;) ), the juice has lactic acid bacteria, and that was the point of this test.

Unfortunately, I can't explain exactly what happens to the weed and the active ingredients, I only have a very basic knowledge of chemistry.
But as far as I know, the anaerobic lactic acid bacteria can still grow due to the exclusion of oxygen.

It should also works with kimchi juice, I suppose, or other sources of lactic acid bacteria.
That's an interesting experiment, although I do wonder if the semi dry bud would have fermented anyway without the added sauerkraut juice.
Certainly the conditions you describe should cause fermentation without added bacteria.
I've added bone dry weed to semi dried and had success, but what would be, in my mind, an interesting experiment, would be to add some sauerkraut juice to bone dry weed and then seal it up and cure/age it.

I have the sauerkraut, (love the stuff), but no bone dry weed, only cob. 😂

Your cob looks awesome by the way; beautiful colours. 🙂

Last edited:

Lehmi

Did it taste way different?
Yes, as I mentioned, it smells strongly of pepper and hot spices, which is totally unusual for this strain (Afghan-Kush/WW, mostly earthy, pine). It also doesn't have that fascinating smoky note without "sauerkraut-fermentation". ;)

Certainly the conditions you describe should cause fermentation without added bacteria.
Exactly, fermentation also takes place without sauerkraut juice.

Even relatively dry flowers still experience a certain, very favourable improvement.
However, as you can see in my album, the visual change is much less pronounced than with the usual Malawi style cobs, which darken.

(for registered members)

PS: I forgot to mention that when vaping gently (Vapman with station) there are sour scents and a slightly bitter aftertaste. (similar to hops)

The effect is noticeably different, more trippy and clearer, more focussed, even with a consumption habit.

Others told me that they like the fact that the volume is much smaller, making it safer to transport, in addition to the changed flavour.
A small piece of MSC, e.g. cut open with a small pair of scissors, surprisingly turns out to be a generous multiple dose!

Last edited:

sneezydog

How do those bud bunnies in your album get rid of all the air? Thats an issue i have with any method that doesnt compress. If i cant compress into itself, it holds oxygen and grows nasties. I saw a bunny mold and a vacc bag around the mold to seal it but wasnt sure how the vaccuum would get inside the bunny shape. Cheers, thanks for the experiments:)

ost

In February 2024, I tested adding a few drops of sauerkraut juice to a semi-dry flower in order to vacuum pack it immediately.

I left it on the radiator for a few days (approx. 35-40°C/ 95°-104°F) and then forgot about it in the cupboard until yesterday.

Here are a few photos of this test piece. (front and back)
View attachment 19032372

View attachment 19032373

On opening, a pleasant, spicy pepper aroma was noticeable, very unusual for the Afghan Kush/WW, the piece was also still a little soft with some residual moisture.
Today, after a day, it is already a little drier and smoky flavours are added. I am absolutely fascinated!

View attachment 19032374

View attachment 19032375

The macros show (I assume) the bacterial activity, you can see some kind of crystals.
I'm curious to see how other experiments will go with it, with other strains, for next season.

View attachment 19032376

View attachment 19032377

View attachment 19032378

Grey mould can neither be seen nor smelled.

As usual with fermented pieces, the effect is wonderful, for me somehow "rounder", more pleasant than conventionally dried flowers.

So the experiment was a success. (y)

View attachment 19032379
from the looks of it you should be duck hunting with a rake

Lehmi

I saw a bunny mold and a vacc bag around the mold to seal it but wasnt sure how the vaccuum would get inside the bunny shape. Cheers, thanks for the experiments:)
Sharp eye and valuable question, I think!

The vacuum is also created in the mould, as these do not close tightly.
The moulds are also stuffed with a dabbing tool and pressed hard. The vacuum creates even more pressure.

It's quite a lot of effort, the hearts go easier/faster than the bunnies.
MSC_Hase_26.JPG

MSC_Herz 01.JPG

Heart and rabbit are almost 2.5 cm / 1 inch wide and weigh approx. 2gr.

from the looks of it you should be duck hunting with a rake

After consumption I am unable to do anything other than grin and sip my drink. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts