Purple satellite august 24th

Attachments

• 20240824_075714.jpg
    20240824_075714.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51

WestShoreBestShore

WHHHOOOHOOO!
Reach for the sky parntna!
What latitude are you on? Seems you should be seeing some preflower going on by now.
I am at 44.4. Right in between zones 5a and 5b. My garden site gets pretty good full sun. Some of my other girls are a bit further ahead. I expect to go way into October. Fingers crossed. I have stopped with the nitrogen heavy fertilizer.

vermontman

I am at 44.4. Right in between zones 5a and 5b. My garden site gets pretty good full sun. Some of my other girls are a bit further ahead. I expect to go way into October. Fingers crossed. I have stopped with the nitrogen heavy fertilizer.
Hello @WestShoreBestShore!
Great you cut back on the nitrogen, that would possibly slow down flowering. And even though Mountain Gold is pretty mold resistant, any nutes late could have an impact on bud mold. But I would think she should finish by mid Oct?
Please keep us posted!

Onuma Sativa

4.5 month old GMG. Those purple stems and petioles are gorgeous.
The stems smell of lavender, with a background of spices, mainly clove i'd say.
The flowers are beginning to be sticky since a few days, and smell of chocolate, coffee and praline. No grape yet !
She has begun flowering about 3 weeks ago (49/50°N)

I also have a green one (no pic), which smells more fruity.

full

full

full

full

full

Green Zenit

4.5 month old GMG. Those purple stems and petioles are gorgeous.
The stems smell of lavender, with a background of spices, mainly clove i'd say.
The flowers are beginning to be sticky since a few days, and smell of chocolate, coffee and praline. No grape yet !
She has begun flowering about 3 weeks ago (49/50°N)

I also have a green one (no pic), which smells more fruity.

full

full

full

full

full
Beautiful plants and photography mate!!! 🌞

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Awesome @BumSplodgeBrownPants!
What kinds a fragrance are you getting from her now?

Hi @vermontman !

I'm still getting a lemon citrus mainly with pine and some floral coming through.

There's something in the smell that makes it "fizzy" if that makes any sense? Something reminding me of some sweets (candy) I used to eat as a child, but I can't quite work it out yet.

I think she's stalling a little, pistils seem to be browning off in the tops already, maybe at mid flower and ready to go through that 2nd flower stage that some narrow leafed plants like to do. I may grab some pk and drop the A+B a little. But she's only getting about 1.5ml/L of A+B. Very light feeder.

Cheers dude!

D

Deleted member 465345

20240826_133105.jpg

A picture of collecting Mountain Gold pollen. I took cuttings of all the ripe ends from 7 males. All this pollen is from the last 24 hours. I am pollinating all MG females with it and everything else in the Garden, including this Panama x Purple Satellite F1.

20240824_212435 copy.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts