What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Old Piney

That's funny, this plant looks like an indoor bud who would grow too close to the light, it does type of elongated flowers but outdoor I had never seen that. Maybe she's too close to the sun:thinking:
If only I could have had access to this type of seeds when I was growing outdoor, they would have done some great plants in my environment. And they would have given me some early buds to wait for the other plants to finish. I hope to be able to grow outdoor again and those seeds are on the to try absolutely list.
Lol I guess that makes her a Super Freak now that damn song is stuck in my head

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Now shes starting to stack!!! Nice one what kind of fragrance are you getting from her?

Hi Vermontman! How are you healing up???

She's smelly lemon so far, maybe some pine there starting to come through.
She's stopped stretching now, and is starting to put it on for me.

On another note, 1 of the Zacatecas I ran is a straight up pissy lemon. I've been fridge curing her for a few months and am just breaking a few testers out... she confuses me in the most bestest way for a good 3 hours I'm finding.
Real sunny day no worries kinda high, even if it's raining. I likey! :whee: Making me feel like a teenager again. (if that makes sense?)

Cheers dude!

vermontman

Hi Vermontman! How are you healing up???

She's smelly lemon so far, maybe some pine there starting to come through.
She's stopped stretching now, and is starting to put it on for me.

On another note, 1 of the Zacatecas I ran is a straight up pissy lemon. I've been fridge curing her for a few months and am just breaking a few testers out... she confuses me in the most bestest way for a good 3 hours I'm finding.
Real sunny day no worries kinda high, even if it's raining. I likey! :whee: Making me feel like a teenager again. (if that makes sense?)

Cheers dude!
Hey @BumSplodgeBrownPants!
Doing terrific here! My new valve is working like a charm! Took her out for a test hike the other day and now keeping up with the heavy repotting, Thank you! for asking! The Lemon fragrance is a heavy influence Oaxacan also carries that happy confused but comfortable key notes in the high, so yes I get it! I have one Mountain Gold right now knocked up with fem pollen that has a straight up cotton candy kinda smell leaning a bit on the Hawaiian sativa side and another with more of a balsam lemon leaning more on the Oaxacan.
I am really keen how she turns out for you.
Thank you for sharing!

moose/MI

I up - potted my green pheno Mountain Gold today.
15gal of local living soil and vermicompost.
Makes her an instant eye-level plant.

Attachments

• 20240814_125509~2.jpg
    20240814_125509~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240814_125529.jpg
    20240814_125529.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36

WestShoreBestShore

My two Mountain Gold girls. The tall PVC pipe is 10'. I have tended to prune a lot to avoid PM, etc. Hoping I did not overdo it! I had quite a few popcorn buds on my girls last year, so I have been trying to get them out and let the ones that the sun is getting do their thing. Interested to hear what Vermontman thinks about this. JUST showing signs of flowering. Gonna be another race to the finish in October, I think. Living in the Champlain Valley, I may have a chance. Only my second year since 1974.

Attachments

• 20240814_163558.jpg
    20240814_163558.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
  • 20240814_163523.jpg
    20240814_163523.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 78

Greencedar

Hey @BumSplodgeBrownPants!
Doing terrific here! My new valve is working like a charm! Took her out for a test hike the other day and now keeping up with the heavy repotting, Thank you! for asking! The Lemon fragrance is a heavy influence Oaxacan also carries that happy confused but comfortable key notes in the high, so yes I get it! I have one Mountain Gold right now knocked up with fem pollen that has a straight up cotton candy kinda smell leaning a bit on the Hawaiian sativa side and another with more of a balsam lemon leaning more on the Oaxacan.
I am really keen how she turns out for you.
Thank you for sharing!
Awesome to hear VM! My GMG are doing great. This years clones triggered a bit quick but I had them in smaller pots for awhile and put them out earlier (going from a 18/6 veg tent) just kicked things into gear which is fine by me. They look like they’ll be big beautiful and ripe a bit earlier. You’ve mentioned easy ways to avoid this but I think it’s kind of cool that we can have some controls over an outdoor plants using simple change environment changes.

They’re so grapey right now. I’ve got these Grey Catbitds and Oriels visiting them and no grapes around the yard. That’s pretty awesome. I’ll take some full plant pics soon.

“These completely gray birds will also visit bird feeders in southern Ontario. The secret is grape jelly! Yes, you read that correctly. Gray Catbirds regularly visit my feeding station when I set out small cups of grape jelly (primarily used to attract orioles).”

Attachments

• IMG_1526.jpeg
    IMG_1526.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56

vermontman

Awesome to hear VM! My GMG are doing great. This years clones triggered a bit quick but I had them in smaller pots for awhile and put them out earlier (going from a 18/6 veg tent) just kicked things into gear which is fine by me. They look like they’ll be big beautiful and ripe a bit earlier. You’ve mentioned easy ways to avoid this but I think it’s kind of cool that we can have some controls over an outdoor plants using simple change environment changes.

They’re so grapey right now. I’ve got these Grey Catbitds and Oriels visiting them and no grapes around the yard. That’s pretty awesome. I’ll take some full plant pics soon.

“These completely gray birds will also visit bird feeders in southern Ontario. The secret is grape jelly! Yes, you read that correctly. Gray Catbirds regularly visit my feeding station when I set out small cups of grape jelly (primarily used to attract orioles).”
WoooHHOOOOO!
Even the birds love Green Mountain Grape!
Thank you so much for sharing!

vermontman

My two Mountain Gold girls. The tall PVC pipe is 10'. I have tended to prune a lot to avoid PM, etc. Hoping I did not overdo it! I had quite a few popcorn buds on my girls last year, so I have been trying to get them out and let the ones that the sun is getting do their thing. Interested to hear what Vermontman thinks about this. JUST showing signs of flowering. Gonna be another race to the finish in October, I think. Living in the Champlain Valley, I may have a chance. Only my second year since 1974.
Hello @WestShoreBestShore!
This is a new year and so far it has been terrific here as cannabis growing season! We are actually getting, at least here a fairly normal summer. But I acknowledge and so much feel for every flood victim just North of me again this year. Damn it has been tough! And not to mention sad to see all these beautiful Vermont towns again and again with all these weather struggles. And I KNOW many everywhere are seeing the same, so my heart goes out to all! That being said I Know you are quite a bit North but you are in a one climate zone difference for temps, because as your name exclaims Champlain Valley and so even though you are north, we here are at a higher altitude. So you should be able to pull off an awesome crop of Mountain Gold there? Just cut way back on the nitrogen and totally bump up the PK Phosphorus and Potassium, and of course the biggest key is getting the most of available sun exposure, the more at this time of year is critical! So your garden position is key!
One last thought as far as PM. Unless your area is usually racked with it I certainly would not be pulling to many leaves off your ladies. Remember they are solar panels pulling up energy to make it all happen! PLEASE keep us posted on your grow! It helps me and all keep informed on what can happen where with my genetics.
THANK YOU!
Hope that helps

Last edited:

WestShoreBestShore

This is a new year and so far it has been terrific here as cannabis growing season! We are actually getting, at least here a fairly normal summer. But I acknowledge and so much feel for every flood victim just North of me again this year. Damn it has been tough! And not to mention sad to see all these beautiful Vermont towns again and again with all these weather struggles. And I KNOW many everywhere are seeing the same, so my heart goes out to all! That being said I Know you are quite a bit North but you are in a one climate zone difference for temps, because as your name exclaims Champlain Valley and so even though you are north, we here are at a higher altitude. So you should be able to pull off an awesome crop of Mountain Gold there? Just cut way back on the nitrogen and totally bump up the PK Phosphorus and Potassium, and of course the biggest key is getting the most of available sun exposure, the more at this time of year is critical! So your garden position is key!
One last thought as far as PM. Unless your area is usually racked with it I certainly would not be pulling to many leaves off your ladies. Remember they are solar panels pulling up energy to make it all happen! PLEASE keep us posted on your grow! It helps me and all keep informed on what can happen where with my genetics.
THANK YOU!
Hope that helps
Thanks SO much. Yes, I harvested my Green Mountain Cheddar on Oct. 17 last year. That one was 7'. Very nice smoke. Think I am getting some good advice from over in ME. 20 gal in ground holes filled with Sunshine Mix #4, compost, rotted chicken manure, Cannadiesel, wallastonite, and pelleted gypsum, all from Fedco. Also using EM1 extended and Alaska fish emulsion in the veg. Hope your health is gaining!

vermontman

Thanks SO much. Yes, I harvested my Green Mountain Cheddar on Oct. 17 last year. That one was 7'. Very nice smoke. Think I am getting some good advice from over in ME. 20 gal in ground holes filled with Sunshine Mix #4, compost, rotted chicken manure, Cannadiesel, wallastonite, and pelleted gypsum, all from Fedco. Also using EM1 extended and Alaska fish emulsion in the veg. Hope your health is gaining!
Awesome with your grow info in terms of culture and nutes, I find it really awesome to share cultural practice, it helps everyone GROW! HAHA
As for me feeling very upbeat and positive!
Thank you for asking!!

vermontman

Hello @kro-magnon Is correct about his assessment on nutes! They need food at this point. The stretch is pretty much over, but they need to feed to fill out! I find upotting one pot size using soiless mix with blood meal, bone meal, gypsum and lime key!
In a three gallon watering can I add 1/2 teaspoon Peters 20-20-20 1/2 teaspoon of Fertilooms blossom booster and a pinch Epson salt for magnesium. PH should be between 6.3 and 7.0 That will give you much bigger healthier buds if you act soon. I routinely do this with my plants, when they become pot bound and start loosing color, and as a final general repot
Check out the Zacatecas Tribute I did exactly that!
By the way great garden! Your almost there!
Hope that helps!

ZACATECAS TRIBUTE INDOOR HARVEST 066.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ZomVee

Is it possible to clone a girl half way through flower and seeded?

I've just been a casual grower outdoors. Pop some seeds, what I get is what I get for that year, but this Zacatecas Tribute is something else, @vermontman !

When I pull down on a limb and stick my nose in, she's smelling like Hawaiian Punch, sweet tropical fruit deliciousness! Smell on the fingers is still banana NowAndLater.

I'm kicking myself for letting the stud ZT go off so much, because I'd love to have some sinsemilla of this girl.

Zacateca Tribute seeded mama.jpg

Old Piney

Is it possible to clone a girl half way through flower and seeded?

I've just been a casual grower outdoors. Pop some seeds, what I get is what I get for that year, but this Zacatecas Tribute is something else, @vermontman !

When I pull down on a limb and stick my nose in, she's smelling like Hawaiian Punch, sweet tropical fruit deliciousness! Smell on the fingers is still banana NowAndLater.

I'm kicking myself for letting the stud ZT go off so much, because I'd love to have some sinsemilla of this girl.

View attachment 19051193
I've done it and the same thing after you realize what you got

Latest posts

Latest posts