What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

I super excited about this cross. I was just reading over on Dubi’s Oaxaca79 thread and this post has me just as curious. I’m planning on diving into some ZT seeds as well as some AK Bean Brains BOEL Oaxaca over the winter to see what all comes up and find some plants to test outdoors next year. Would love to explore this cross. Oaxacan high is just so damn good and the terps and yeild are such a bonus.
Hello @Greencedar!
Your garden looks right on par! And I could not agree with you more on Oaxacan Gold Though I know there were many versions that have been presented over the many years but I have kept my line for many decades as my main breeding tool of all my genetics because of her oh so happy incredibly special kind of mind massaging super clean upbeat high she imparts.
That being said, as many in the north US are experiencing one of the best Fall weather seasons in oh so many years, as in wine grape seasons you have, bad, ok, good and best! This is so far by far the best. SOOOO! this years harvest will also be just that! But also keep in mind even though cannabis has a genetic disposition and built in factors like genetics, climate influence adding to the obvious harvest outcome. SOOOO again just to point this out people have been reporting that Green Mountain Seeds's, pure to near pure sativa strains have out preformed most other strains in this latitude under the worst rainy seasons and now the best! That being said going back to the environmental part, this years seed crop should be a bit more of impressive improving on what makes Green Mountain Seeds in my less than humble opinion more special and at best the start of many of future generations as well adapted super sativa cannabis acclimated to the northern regions as shown in all your stunning well documented gardens just right here.
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR SHARING!!!!

Bellow this seasons Zacatecas Tribute maybe another another three weeks. And Green Mountain Grape coming in FAST!

127_3474.JPG
127_3499.JPG
127_3492.JPG
127_3495.JPG

Last edited:

ilovegrowing

Finished bud of a cross i tried
Panama x bangihaze fem )x green mountain grape
Very refreshing aroma with some sweetness, 80 days 11/13, i wouldnt say i wanted to add some incense in the first place from the panbang, but i thought of it, and it seemed to work, when i vape it, the smell lingers around long and i can smell it a second and third time :) the colours are all gmg
AF0C994C-CD43-4B56-8CAA-CBD003557F6F.jpeg

Last edited:

vermontman

Mountain Gold marching to October. Smells VERY piney and delicious. 9/11 44.4 degrees. Grateful for all of this sun! Sorry, finding the closeups hard to focus. Happy finish to all!

View attachment 19064494 View attachment 19064495 View attachment 19064496 View attachment 19064497 View attachment 19064499
Hello @WestShoreBestShore!
Who can say anything but WOW! on you terrific grow!
And you know? I am still amazed at finding and developing through breeding over many years that we are able to grow pure tropical sativa up here in the north to fruition. So I so look forward to you and every one's else's on here's postings on there grow experience from grow to harvest to cure to smoke.
Thank you all again so much for your sharing and caring.

Last edited:

vermontman

Finished bud of a cross i tried
Panama x bangihaze fem )x green mountain grape
Very refreshing aroma with some sweetness, 80 days 11/13, i wanted to add some incense from the panbang, which seemed to work, when i vape it lingers around long time and i can smell it a second time :)
View attachment 19064769
(
Hi @ilovegrowing!
I think it is terrific to see people using my strains in their crosses and seeing their outcome, I find it flattering.
Thank you for sharing!

Greencedar

Hello @Greencedar!
Your garden looks right on par! And I could not agree with you more on Oaxacan Gold Though I know there were many versions that have been presented over the many years but I have kept my line for many decades as my main breeding tool of all my genetics because of her oh so happy incredibly special kind of mind massaging super clean upbeat high she imparts.
That being said, as many in the north US are experiencing one of the best Fall weather seasons in oh so many years, as in wine grape seasons you have, bad, ok, good and best! This is so far by far the best. SOOOO! this years harvest will also be just that! But also keep in mind even though cannabis has a genetic disposition and built in factors like genetics, climate influence adding to the obvious harvest outcome. SOOOO again just to point this out people have been reporting that Green Mountain Seeds's, pure to near pure sativa strains have out preformed most other strains in this latitude under the worst rainy seasons and now the best! That being said going back to the environmental part, this years seed crop should be a bit more of impressive improving on what makes Green Mountain Seeds in my less than humble opinion more special and at best the start of many of future generations as well adapted super sativa cannabis acclimated to the northern regions as shown in all your stunning well documented gardens just right here.
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR SHARING!!!!

Bellow this seasons Zacatecas Tribute maybe another another three weeks. And Green Mountain Grape coming in FAST!

View attachment 19064755 View attachment 19064757 View attachment 19064758 View attachment 19064759
Beautiful pics VM. I totally agree. I’m always amazed at how well your plants do especially next to other plants I run outside. Southern Ontario can be a real pain with the heat and humidity in the summer followed by a fast fall that’s often wet. I’ve run so many plants that struggle to deal with mildew in august and again in early October. Your plants don’t even bat an eye. They keep on truckin through it all. I have a green grape pheno I give to some friends that have neglected gardens and I’ve left her out, half harvested until the end of October in the pouring rains and no mildew or mold. Incredible. I’ve search through a few other strains that are resistant like this but the buds generally don’t have the appeal you’ve managed to lock in and the highs are never as clean/sativa like on them.

I run a lot of sativas indoors and like seeing all the variety especially in the really long flowering stuff but it’s always sad that I can see them express themselves outdoors. I think GMG is phenomenal and I’m excited to get to know ZT next and hopefully I find a nice outdoor pheno.

I appreciate that AK has managed to keep so many old school genetics around. I think that the BOEL Oaxacan has Afghani in it and I’m not sure how much it’s been stabilized so my expectations aren’t nearly as high as they are for the ZT and sadly it will probably be best indoors.

I’m thinking of running a light schedule indoors that copies our outdoor photo period so I can select a few ZTs to test outdoors in the summer. Do you think the plants will trigger and finish similar to how they perform outdoors if I do this? I figure if I can narrow it down to around 6-8 plants (looking at quick to flower, yield, terps) then I can run them outdoor and find the most resistant one of the lot.

moose/MI

I thought I'd share something that seems to be working for me.
I started a worm bin this season. Found out they really like avocado 🥑

The idea was I wanted to add worms right to my containers. I was pretty sure 30gal size was going to be large enough.

I made an investment in living soil this season rather than make it myself like in the past.
Lingering injuries made that not practical when I upsized.
Now I'll just store it and recharge each season along with my compost and worms going forward.

So back to the avocado and 🪱
They really, really like avocado.
They will find it, eat, ball up and have a regular roman orgy underneath there.
That in itself is awesome. Lots of baby worms.

So when I found that out. I mean I thought they loved bananas but they're crazy about avocados. 🥑
Anyway I decided to put 1/2 an avocado right in each container since it worked so well in the worm bin.

I'm really liking this. It's like a quick snapshot of the state of the container.
I can come out look over the plants while the coffee's brewing and just lift up the avocado and sees if the worms are happy. 😃

I thought I had lost the worms in my one 20gal container. I figured there wasn't enough mass to protect them from the heat though I tried to keep it moist.

Turns out because I went and bought the avocado for that container rather than use one from the kitchen that had gone bad ... it wasn't rotten enough for their liking. They moved right in once it got far enough along. 😆

So that's my story. Avocado's 🥑
I like them. You can get them cheap or free and keep them frozen until needed.
I've even found the roots growing up and into the shells of old ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 53
  • FB_IMG_1726150236161.jpg
    FB_IMG_1726150236161.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240911_104103.jpg
    20240911_104103.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240911_104044.jpg
    20240911_104044.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 20240912_095611.jpg
    20240912_095611.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240912_095554.jpg
    20240912_095554.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240912_095707.jpg
    20240912_095707.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 50

mr.pistil

Beautiful pics VM. I totally agree. I’m always amazed at how well your plants do especially next to other plants I run outside. Southern Ontario can be a real pain with the heat and humidity in the summer followed by a fast fall that’s often wet. I’ve run so many plants that struggle to deal with mildew in august and again in early October. Your plants don’t even bat an eye. They keep on truckin through it all. I have a green grape pheno I give to some friends that have neglected gardens and I’ve left her out, half harvested until the end of October in the pouring rains and no mildew or mold. Incredible. I’ve search through a few other strains that are resistant like this but the buds generally don’t have the appeal you’ve managed to lock in and the highs are never as clean/sativa like on them.

I run a lot of sativas indoors and like seeing all the variety especially in the really long flowering stuff but it’s always sad that I can see them express themselves outdoors. I think GMG is phenomenal and I’m excited to get to know ZT next and hopefully I find a nice outdoor pheno.

I appreciate that AK has managed to keep so many old school genetics around. I think that the BOEL Oaxacan has Afghani in it and I’m not sure how much it’s been stabilized so my expectations aren’t nearly as high as they are for the ZT and sadly it will probably be best indoors.

I’m thinking of running a light schedule indoors that copies our outdoor photo period so I can select a few ZTs to test outdoors in the summer. Do you think the plants will trigger and finish similar to how they perform outdoors if I do this? I figure if I can narrow it down to around 6-8 plants (looking at quick to flower, yield, terps) then I can run them outdoor and find the most resistant one of the lot.
Curious as to who/what is AK?

vermontman

Hello @Greencedar!
Thank you for you Kudos! And pictures do not lie, again your garden is living proof! So thank you again foe contributing here, and yes please keep doing so!
CHEERS!

vermontman

I thought I'd share something that seems to be working for me.
I started a worm bin this season. Found out they really like avocado 🥑

The idea was I wanted to add worms right to my containers. I was pretty sure 30gal size was going to be large enough.

I made an investment in living soil this season rather than make it myself like in the past.
Lingering injuries made that not practical when I upsized.
Now I'll just store it and recharge each season along with my compost and worms going forward.

So back to the avocado and 🪱
They really, really like avocado.
They will find it, eat, ball up and have a regular roman orgy underneath there.
That in itself is awesome. Lots of baby worms.

So when I found that out. I mean I thought they loved bananas but they're crazy about avocados. 🥑
Anyway I decided to put 1/2 an avocado right in each container since it worked so well in the worm bin.

I'm really liking this. It's like a quick snapshot of the state of the container.
I can come out look over the plants while the coffee's brewing and just lift up the avocado and sees if the worms are happy. 😃

I thought I had lost the worms in my one 20gal container. I figured there wasn't enough mass to protect them from the heat though I tried to keep it moist.

Turns out because I went and bought the avocado for that container rather than use one from the kitchen that had gone bad ... it wasn't rotten enough for their liking. They moved right in once it got far enough along. 😆

So that's my story. Avocado's 🥑
I like them. You can get them cheap or free and keep them frozen until needed.
I've even found the roots growing up and into the shells of old ones.
Hello @moose/MI!
Thank you for your great gardening tips and insight also your wonderful pictures, which are always greatly appreciated!
Not to mention your compost bins are most impressive!
That being said I think I like the Avocados as much as the worms! HAHA

Last edited:

vermontman

Hi @outsidegrower!
Your picture reminds me of a very early High Times magazine cover pic illustrating Hawaiian grown cannabis. And many of the greatest names of the early cannabis movement are labeled on the cover of this issue.
Ironically it was the only copy of High Times I had ever kept out of many hundreds of additions I accumulated over the years. This one was a very special one to me and I just could not throw this copy out!
At one point during the height of the Marijuana prohibition even having these in your house especially as a grower was considered extremely risky and certainly adding extra to the paranoia and to what would added jail time I already would have as a grower let alone all the forfeiture laws of the time. Then there was the sounds of helicopters flying over our lands. Man I can still feel the pounding beat of the helicopter blades ripping into my heart!!
So some time ago in a very paranoid moment I buried two huge boxes of HT in my back yard.
Thank you for sharing your pic!

127_3515.JPG

Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Hello @HarleyJammer!
AAHHHH Wonderful!
Getting a tinge of purple going on there!
Little Miss Nubby Nugs is indeed throwing some purple in the flowers.. but not much in the foliage.. PS, now, her leaves are so dark purple they look almost black. We are getting closer and closer to the PS chop.. I'm trying to time her final nute package.. maybe I can squeeze in 1 more :) 20240913_172653.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts