What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Thanks for the input.
No, that's a reg.
Thinking about it, the first preflowers were looking quite male, to the point that i've almost cut it down, then i thought : let's see. Ha... now i'm seeing :)
First thank you for all the terrific posts above.
Ant to @Onuma Sativa Cheers. I have never seen or heard of any other herm issue from people in the Green Mountain Grape before. But with any strain there is always that possibility. I would say if you could keep up with the male flower plucking, it may be worth it? But if it comes on faster than you can keep up, I say chop and save the rest of your crop.

Onuma Sativa

First thank you for all the terrific posts above.
Ant to @Onuma Sativa Cheers. I have never seen or heard of any other herm issue from people in the Green Mountain Grape before. But with any strain there is always that possibility. I would say if you could keep up with the male flower plucking, it may be worth it? But if it comes on faster than you can keep up, I say chop and save the rest of your crop.
Thanks for your thought. Well, i can brag i have a rare pheno :)
So far, the plant doesn't seem to be insisting to push more male flowers, so yes, i'm going to keep plucking as i find them. i'll see in the upcoming days if i can keep up.

spoores

After so many years of growing between most of us, the people are always asking for newbie question like what should I do, if I cant wait 😃no.please I leave young growers (and sometimes also old growers who are always depressed with something) with their failures to experience ... they don't care about give a shit how to make plants happy and always shiting on the cuts were not good. .. im out of patience after years 😃good luck

moose/MI

Thought I would comment on my Fem Purple Satellite.
For weeks I've been surprised how much earlier and often she's blowing her fan leaves 🍃 compared to the fem GMG 🍇
Both popped on 4/20. PS running a little smaller and less developed alongside the GMG.

Didn't really think I'd been doing anything wrong. Trying to be lean with ferts and water. Best expression of the plant. Both look great on the green parts.

Then I remembered that being a little root bound can speed things up. And she has maxed out the 30gal at this point.
Feels like a firm mattress rather than dirt.

Then I also remembered that this is the first run of feminized PS.
Possibly that is a factor too and both are contributing to an earlier finish. 🤔
Or it could be nothing.

Both are looking great. Smell amazing, fruity, but no cherry yet.
Extra early at 42°N. I'm amazed.
Let's see how they finish.

Attachments

• 20240830_084019.jpg
    20240830_084019.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240830_111530.jpg
    20240830_111530.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 53

ZomVee

Zacatecas Tribute Pine Balsam Pheno

At one point, I think I was checking this awesome thread out and decided to pop one more ZT, I have six seeds left, geez VermontMan, these packs are quality!

This one doesn't have the candy sweetness, started a little later than the others, and she missed the ZT male bomb, only the first florets were pollinated, she's now chunking up with juicy Pine Balsam flowers. Mainly rain watered, dry farm style and they seem to love it out here.

ZT Pine Balsam .jpg Glistening ZT.jpg Chunky ZT.jpg

D

Deleted member 465345

They look great, very tall and healthy! What type of ground cover is in your spot? What do you fertilize with?

Greetings from the guerilla patch.

View attachment 19057450

Purple Satellite:

View attachment 19057445

View attachment 19057446

Purple Satellite f3 (cool smell, reminds me of mint, eucalyptus and camphor):

View attachment 19057438

View attachment 19057439

Shogun x Purple Satellite (one early like the PS, one very late, both smell like the f3):

View attachment 19057440

View attachment 19057441

View attachment 19057444

dilettante

They look great, very tall and healthy! What type of ground cover is in your spot? What do you fertilize with?

Ground cover is nettle and raspberry. Elder, blackberry and hops around the spot.

I put a generous dose of pelleted cow manure in spring. I think I have put a handful of horn meal and rock dust this year as well. That's it. Nativ soil has a super soft structure.

Lots of rain this year hence the growth.

Now I need to get some string and secure the plants from lodging.

moose/MI

Here are a couple shots of my Mountain Gold progress.

Happy to have any feedback from anyone on these.

I wish they were further along, but I am pretty sure I have continued to give them what they need for fertilizer.

I should have done better at supports before these babies got so tall. Live and learn!

View attachment 19058639 View attachment 19058642
When did you start them and a general area or latitude?
You don't look too far behind me