What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Click the link to join now and let's grow together! https://discord.gg/2RRJW2XCZU
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I don't sale hash/shatter/wax/oil 100% for personal use:D.

I wasn't saying anything even remotely close to suggesting that.

if you're fine smoking hash that likely has mold in it(whether you think it's there or not, lab tests have proven that the majority of bubble hash has mold spores present in it), I'm happy that you're happy :)

color will differ, but pressed high grade bubble will still be translucent to varying degrees, depending on the amount of oils etc.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tare down your room clean and treat everything I mean everything. day 57 is to late to do anything that would eradicate them..The will infest everything.. Someone else might have another suggestion. For me I don't mess around when it comes to mites.. That's why I'm very anal about preventive maintenance..

I have been making this way for far to long to worry about this now. Ya I don't care. I do the bets I can im pretty confident I don't have mold. If I do its not enough to worry about. The amount of time for mold to show up the has is gone anyway.. All comes down to wet hash.. Even if you micro plane if its still wet you will have mold...I can tell if its wet so no worries I'm the only one that smokes it. Thanks for looking out for me though..

Chemdawggy Dawg

Those hot shot no pest strips will kill mites within a couple days, at least that's been my experience, maybe hang one of those in there to get you through and then clean up like pf said. If the grow is in the living area just pick the weed now.

BrainSellz

Veteran
tare down your room clean and treat everything I mean everything. day 57 is to late to do anything that would eradicate them..The will infest everything.. Someone else might have another suggestion. For me I don't mess around when it comes to mites.. That's why I'm very anal about preventive maintenance..

:tiphat:

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Those hot shot no pest strips will kill mites within a couple days, at least that's been my experience, maybe hang one of those in there to get you through and then clean up like pf said. If the grow is in the living area just pick the weed now.
if you use strips on flowering weed you risk not only hurting folks but also your concentrates and possibly even your flowers will fail compliance on pesticide limits set by the state, not to mention its against the law to use it on food crops. so its federally illegal too regardless of the federal status of weed or the individual states mmj chem rules.

when weed goes legal youre going to see a lot of federal oversight of epa osha and usda related violations on pesticide rules. as it stands being compliant or not on any individual states recently drafted rules doesnt trump what the federal labeling of approved uses is on any given insecticides. so your legal grow that is in compliance with state mandated chem rules for mmj,could get a federal fine for using a chemical against its federal approved use. it should in my opinion.

so if forbid isnt banned in say oregon(its technically not on the list because its not on food grade insecticide lists which is what they are drawing from) you could get reported by a customer for selling weed that is shown to contain that chemical. you could then get investigated and be prosecuted under epa or food safety laws drafted for protecting citizens from unnecessary risk of exposure to chems deemed unsafe for food farming.all the while still being compliant with oregon mmj pesticide rules.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once the plants go into flower that's it for me. .Put a bunch of beneficial predictors in the veg room.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Once the plants go into flower that's it for me. .Put a bunch of beneficial predictors in the veg room.

pf i used to feel the same way about veg. i dont know exactly what you mean. while i have everyones ear on here in regards to cut off times for chems and the resulting safety effects, let me add something.

at the lab i shuck and jive alot and ask questions and know the clients well who come through.

i am aware of several samples that showed myclobutanil not only in the flowers.it shows up even when grown from plants sprayed in veg.

because of the nature of the chemical and the solvent extract process, we are seeing super duper fucking scary high numbers on ppm of bifenthrin and eage to some degree on solvet extract from product that comes from parent material with low enough counts to not be failed necessarily. eagle isnt on the staate list by the way. it is tested for by a certain lab in the area that cant fail you but they put bad chems in red ink on the report and show the limit and write pass or fail. so if eagle is 500 times the leagal limit it passes by state standards. if it got brought as a sample in to the fda or epa or any other type of agency these non liscensed applications would be not only illegal but also would be breaking the laws for the individual chems they sprayed with out the mandatory liscense.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
also pf im not insinuating you use anything in veg that is bad, i actually have no knowledge of your methods and am only using you as a chance to talk about this issue. you may be saying you are done blowing garlic farts in your room to control the mites by the time you flip to flower. maybe you wont even fart garlic breath in your room after flip.

im just jumping on the oppurtunity to hop on these false board sourced recs on whats safe to spray in an indoor enviroment with low exposure to weather and no uv light which is how alot of the chems were meant to be broken down when the food usage rules were made for it in strawberry production/

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I would prolly get a bucket of soapy water and dunk my lady, then rinse with fresh water. I use neem oil and rosemary extract. it seems strange imo to use a product that penetrates into the plant for bugs that live on the surface.
Mites are not really that bad if you keep up the treatments.
That close to harvest just wash em off bro. Rinse and put a fan on her to dry.
attachment.php

View image in gallery

Attachments

• homemade mite spray.jpg
    homemade mite spray.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 10

Chemdawggy Dawg

Hey str8edge I have used a these as a combo on outdoor plants. It works really well for bugs of all types but would it be considered safe in a lab test?

Attachments

• 0506151851.jpg
    0506151851.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 10

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tested mine... No pesticides where present in the samples I sent. My treatments have not changed. The plants have a min of 3 months since they had any treatment. That's my cut off. Nothing enters my rooms without being treated. I don't have any mites. You don't need to treat the plant after they exit quarantine.. I treat the room, under the rooms around the buildings. If I do treat a plant it will not go into flower for 90 days. So by the time it's harvested it will be 5 -7 months since it was treated. Once you have a known pest free environment you don't need to treat your plants just do the rooms and surrounding area to keep the pest out or dead. The only time you should need to treat is when you bring in something new. it has to be treated IMO. It wont enter without. After you know she is clean you don't need to treat the plant anymore. This is what I do its worked great. I have had mites 1x in over 10 years. When I did I destroyed my entire garden except for the new cuts that all got treated and I started over.

Grizz

Veteran
just found a lot of mites on my glue :(

any suggestions? day 57

sprayem off with Water? or just ignore it? will they keep trying to populate my drying plants??

day 57 ? chop them, wash them off good with water, dry as normal and deal with your room, bomb's, sprays, flame thrower, get every thing, mites can hide in hoods, ballest , cracks, carpet.

TheDank23

Veteran
day 57 ? chop them, wash them off good with water, dry as normal and deal with your room, bomb's, sprays, flame thrower, get every thing, mites can hide in hoods, ballest , cracks, carpet.

Yeah... This.

Multiple times...

Then do it again. And If your not already, get yourself some scrubs or old clothes and start showering and changing before you enter your room. Same goes for anything and everything else that enters your room, sterlize and quarantine.

Last edited:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I would prolly get a bucket of soapy water and dunk my lady, then rinse with fresh water. I use neem oil and rosemary extract. it seems strange imo to use a product that penetrates into the plant for bugs that live on the surface.
Mites are not really that bad if you keep up the treatments.
That close to harvest just wash em off bro. Rinse and put a fan on her to dry.

not sure what you paid for them lil bitty bottles... but this joint has good deals on bulk oils...

http://www.100pureessentialoils.com/where-to-buy/bulk-essential-oils-16-oz.html

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
GG4 x Bodhi's Strange Love (Bubba/SourD x GSC)

a buddy gifted me some seeds a while back and this is a clone of my favorite pheno. nugs smelled a little like coffee ice cream and pie crust. taste was hints of chocolate with some sourish OG funk aftertaste.

looking forward to giving this cutting a proper run as the seed run was more of a torture test than anything. she was first to root and is the fastest vegging plant in the stable right now.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.