What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
yes and if things work RB and I will be working togather on some projects, I know a winner when I see one.

ok Resin Rider swept the Las Vegas 420 cup with his motorbreath, concentrates and bud, I think gg4 got 2nd, grown by OGorganics, there was a great turn out and there was one hell of a lot of good smoke, it saddens me to see the evolution of wed going to oil so much these days though, in years past there was jar after jar of buds, very few jars this year but tons of shatter, wax . VIVA LAS VEGAS

Don't worry bud, LV HempCon right around the corner :tiphat:

Dude, I didn't act like I was the breeder at all... And I don't know if you realize how interviews work - but I don't get to see anything until the article is complete and published. I've been more vocal than most about giving Joesy the credit he deserves, just look at my IG pictures and general comments over time. And to finalize - I did give them the origins of the GG4 - but that wasn't the focus of the article and so they didn't include it.

Umm.. I do know how interviews work. When articles are about a certain crop, or strain of crop, then the strain that is the registered legal name is stated. In this case, if GG4 had Josey Wales listed as the legal owner/breeder/grower of this plant and he was given a registration number for the plant that he, alone, tracked, then every interview ever given about this plant would have had the genetic strain license number.

Every time they wrote about GG4 they would have HAD to have the genetic number for Josey's plants, giving him, again, full legal credit and rights. Everyone assumed I wanted strains tracked simply for money, but this isnt about just money, its about making sure a plant is a plant is a plant.

I have had GG4 given to me, multiple times, from the hands of the original breeder. I KNOW what its supposed to taste and smell like and I get pretty freakin pissy when someone gives me "GG4" and I wanna laugh, just before I get sad that someone is so foolish enough to believe what they have is the real 4. It needs protection. *shrug* I dont know.. I am a newbie.. sorta coming to you about this because of big props to the grower of this female

yes and if things work RB and I will be working togather on some projects, I know a winner when I see one.

ok Resin Rider swept the Las Vegas 420 cup with his motorbreath, concentrates and bud, I think gg4 got 2nd, grown by OGorganics, there was a great turn out and there was one hell of a lot of good smoke, it saddens me to see the evolution of wed going to oil so much these days though, in years past there was jar after jar of buds, very few jars this year but tons of shatter, wax . VIVA LAS VEGAS

It'll take time before they come back to the flowers. I am a purist too, Josey... all about the flowers. :)

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
WK 5 ~

picture.php

picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
@ JeanGreens ~
Like all plants, they eventually change over time. Once the GG#4 is cloned from clone from clone a billion X's, it eventually will throw balls, or dud out, or something.
Its extremely hard to keep an accidental "clone only" as healthy and as vigorous as the original seed plant over many generations of growing. It'll take a whole community to keep this clone only as nice as it was on day 1. :biggrin:

I lost the Glue already, but I was fortunate enough to have passed it to a good grower in my area and was able to get it back.

@ JeanGreens ~
Like all plants, they eventually change over time. Once the GG#4 is cloned from clone from clone a billion X's, it eventually will throw balls, or dud out, or something.
Its extremely hard to keep an accidental "clone only" as healthy and as vigorous as the original seed plant over many generations of growing. It'll take a whole community to keep this clone only as nice as it was on day 1. :biggrin:

I lost the Glue already, but I was fortunate enough to have passed it to a good grower in my area and was able to get it back.

Ahh.. OvergrowDaWorld..

I guess you are answering a question I didnt know needed to be asked. Health is one thing, but genetic make up is another. I guess the real question is.. When you are growing from "clone only" through as many generations as I would guess GG4 has gone through, do the current growth of cuts from that original mother plant retain the exact same genetics?

Does the plant change itself by being grown differently by different growers, and then totally changing itself downline as it is grown differently?

Can it change its genetic markers based solely on being grown by different growers? Or are the markers still the same after many hundreds of cuts and recuts?

Josey, and for that matter, any of you who have grown at least 20 go-rounds of glue... has it changed at all on you throughout the grows?

Much love, many props!

Jean

A

acridlab

I think they always stay the same genetic wise,, but they can lose immunities n such.. sometimes clones look like shit, maybe 1 finger leafs, etc.. but if u veg that sucker out all the way,, the true genetics creep out.. my experience anyhow..lots of guys that have outdoor experience, see certain genetics for what they really are.. indoors,, they definitely go through environmental glitches.. but in the end,, genetic is there

Just look at how old chem is now..cloned from clone, 1000 times and STILL kicking ass

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
ive cloned gg4 from clone from clone clone a billion times and mine seems to better than it was when i got it. lol. i think the genetic downgrade from cloning is overstated id not straight up incorrect. ive taken cuts from sick stressed half dead underwatered root bound plants and they were identical to healthy top cus from a healthy mom. once they rooted and started growing they were identical cuts. i dunno i have yet to see a cut change from just being old.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I don't think genetic drift would be as relevant with the glue because it isn't that old. I think, depending on genetics, they become more difficult to root over time and possibly lose a little vigor. I wouldn't guess it would be as significant or prevalent as some say, but I'd still like to generate some growth from my older cuts through tissue culture, just to see Whatsup. I thought about trying it with glue, but I don't think it's an old enough cut to make a difference.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mine hasn't change either. I even had to take cuts from a plant 3 weeks into flower that's what I'm using today.. Maybe in 30 years something might change.

whatsmells

Ahh.. OvergrowDaWorld..

I guess you are answering a question I didnt know needed to be asked. Health is one thing, but genetic make up is another. I guess the real question is.. When you are growing from "clone only" through as many generations as I would guess GG4 has gone through, do the current growth of cuts from that original mother plant retain the exact same genetics?

Does the plant change itself by being grown differently by different growers, and then totally changing itself downline as it is grown differently?

Can it change its genetic markers based solely on being grown by different growers? Or are the markers still the same after many hundreds of cuts and recuts?

Josey, and for that matter, any of you who have grown at least 20 go-rounds of glue... has it changed at all on you throughout the grows?

Much love, many props!

Jean

I'm on my 2nd run and I am already noticing changes. All the plants I have in flower came from 5 moms. None of the moms had over a 5 finger leaf. Most of the plants in flower have 7 fingers. I am also noticing the stretch is half and the nodes are much closer than what it was the first run but that could be the lights I am using now. The buds are forming faster and I am already getting frost on the leaves. All this could be because of the change in nutes, lights, temp and so on. I know they couldn't be happier. A little less than 3 weeks now at 12/12.

Grizz

Veteran
I'm on my 2nd run and I am already noticing changes. All the plants I have in flower came from 5 moms. None of the moms had over a 5 finger leaf. Most of the plants in flower have 7 fingers. I am also noticing the stretch is half and the nodes are much closer than what it was the first run but that could be the lights I am using now. The buds are forming faster and I am already getting frost on the leaves. All this could be because of the change in nutes, lights, temp and so on. I know they couldn't be happier. A little less than 3 weeks now at 12/12.

its all in the growers hands, if he aint doing something right, of course it wont be the same, mine is still as good as the first one marrdogg grew, the stuff at the cup that og entered was some of the best I have seen, one of the judges said it was so sticky the couldent roll a joint, tried to stuff it in a bowl and it stuck to there fingers,

environment , light, nutes, so many factors , the cut is the same, growers arent

thewhitelotus

Veteran
A couple shots of some GG4 thats been in jars for 2-3 weeks

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Going to run some more GG4 bubble tonight as well so ill get some shots of that if I ever get around to it :biggrin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Sounds like your 1st run was not dialed in yet. That's typical for any Strain.. I need to run it a few x to get her dialed in.

gh0st9

Veteran
^Yup, my 2nd run with her is coming out way different than the 1st, dialed in now, the plant itself looks like a much better structure, that could fool you..

And I disagree with the vigor/vitality of cuts, I've had the pleasure of growing a clone-only, that stretched back to the late 80s early 90s.. To this day, still some of the best smoke I've ever puffed on. no nanners, medium speed in veg/flowering, stucture was decent, the nose and flavor was exceptional, only problem was it yielded a bit too little to run in a commercial set-up..

whatsmells

Sounds like your 1st run was not dialed in yet. That's typical for any Strain.. I need to run it a few x to get her dialed in.

No, far from it. I made a few mistakes with her and had a couple equipment malfunctions. She still gave me 2 units per light but that was trimming and weighing all the way down to popcorn size and I'm talking un-popped popcorn size. I don't like counting my chickens....but this 2nd run should/will be better. I changed my entire room and setup just for her. Hopefully she will show me the love back.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
the DNA of a clone isn't going to change regardless of how old it it...cellular mitosis people...it's how plants grow...it starts with one cell that has a specific set of genes, that cell splits, then those cells split, and so on and so forth...the cells at the apical meristem are just clones of the same cells that made up the cotyledons of the seedling no matter how long ago that cultivar was a seedling. phenotypical(making words up here, merriem-webster might want to look into adding this one! hahah)expression will change based on many factors such as environment, light spectrum etc. so although the plant may exhibit differences from room to room or from run to run the DNA makeup of that plant has not changed one bit. hence, why I personally believe genetic drift is a myth/excuse.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your 2nd run is better then the 1st common sense would tell ya your 1st run was not Dialed. That includes mistakes you made. Once the runs come out consistent in quality she is Dialed in. Yield will very from run to run..

gh0st9

Veteran
You mean genetic drift as in the sense of clones right? Then I totally agree. Any kind of mutation during mitosis, would be obviously apparent..

EDIT: I'm diggin the glossary built into the posts, is this somewhat new? Clears up for any confusion, and makes sure we all have the same understanding of words, and helps the noobs browsing the threads... Now only if there was a simple logic/comprehension system somehow built in for all the boneheads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts