What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NewAgeGenetics

yes, thc is not everything... for example white russian is around 20% thc but the mango with 10% thc makes you stoned much stronger.

someone said that GG4's effect is all heady. its the perfect example of high thc, low cbd.

but someone who look for a strong head high it can be perfect, while others look for strong full body stone.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The most potent pot on earth- GG4! The article is in Vice today. No mention of Joesy. Some putz called RB-26 acting like he's the breeder. Funny chit. Right here:
http://www.vice.com/read/marijuanas-growers-are-upping-the-thc-ante-with-super-potent-pot-456

I dont think RB-26 had any oversight to what the reporter wrote in this article. I dont think RB-26 was trying to take credit for the making of GG#4, but taking credit only for the incredible looking flowers that were grown to perfection, AND the focus WAS on the fact that THC has increased in todays hybrids. Not that RB-26 was the one who made the strain.

Im sure he will tell the reporter/writer that he shouldve mentioned that the GG#4 was gifted to him and that he was not the breeder, only the grower.
Despite that flaw in the reporting, those flowers looked rediculously good huh?

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
i think tolerance plays as much a part on how stoned you get as thc or cbd does.

when i was in my teens the worst hash mixed with all kind of crap would leave us pulling whiteys.

had to get my 1000th post in the glue thread :)

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Happy 420 to all and thanks to JW, MD, FrostByte and all the others who made this great cut possible, well documented, and most importantly- shared! Definetley makes the world a better place with good folks around. Peace

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
The most potent pot on earth- GG4! The article is in Vice today. No mention of Joesy. Some putz called RB-26 acting like he's the breeder. Funny chit. Right here:
http://www.vice.com/read/marijuanas-growers-are-upping-the-thc-ante-with-super-potent-pot-456

Dude, I didn't act like I was the breeder at all... And I don't know if you realize how interviews work - but I don't get to see anything until the article is complete and published. I've been more vocal than most about giving Joesy the credit he deserves, just look at my IG pictures and general comments over time. And to finalize - I did give them the origins of the GG4 - but that wasn't the focus of the article and so they didn't include it.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Dude, I didn't act like I was the breeder at all... And I don't know if you realize how interviews work - but I don't get to see anything until the article is complete and published. I've been more vocal than most about giving Joesy the credit he deserves, just look at my IG pictures and general comments over time. And to finalize - I did give them the origins of the GG4 - but that wasn't the focus of the article and so they didn't include it.

Thats what I figured. (see above post #15331) :tiphat:
You grew some beautiful flowers and you did the Glue justice. Not every article is about who made it.
The way he worded it though did sound like it was your strain rather than the flowers you were just growing. Right now theres like a pack of wolves around JW protecting and getting his back due to people trying to get $ off his work, so Im sure you can understand if you got snapped at abit.
People are sensitive to JW's situation and current events is all.
It did come across like that but Im sure it wasnt intended at all.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Thats what I figured. (see above post #15331) :tiphat:
You grew some beautiful flowers and you did the Glue justice. Not every article is about who made it.
The way he worded it though did sound like it was your strain rather than the flowers you were just growing. Right now theres like a pack of wolves around JW protecting and getting his back due to people trying to get $ off his work, so Im sure you can understand if you got snapped at abit.
People are sensitive to JW's situation and current events is all.
It did come across like that but Im sure it wasnt intended at all.

I appreciate it. Nobody is doing more to make sure Joesy gets the credit he deserves. Every picture I post, every person I tell about - Joesy gets the name drop and he's aware of that. I've already mentioned to the editor he should link to this thread or mention the breeder but I can't control what they write.

MIMedHead

What are you guys talking about the guy gave credit where credit was due to Joesy? Here is the paragraph maybe trying reading before you guys start throwing insults.

RB-26 said his experimentation in this controlled setting is what led to the super high potency weed he's now producing. Gorilla Glue is a particularly high yield strain that was bred by a ICMag.com thread user "Joesy Whales." RB-26 managed to push Gorilla Glue to an even higher THC content. "It all starts with your genetics," he says. "There are definitely some strains that are just low testing strains. I don't believe that every single strain can hit 30 percent."

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bigups RB26 for repping the cannabis scene proper.... nice lil article vice put together for 420

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
You guys happy, got it edited...

RB-26 said his experimentation in this controlled setting is what led to the super high potency weed he's now producing. Gorilla Glue is a particularly high yield strain that was bred by a ICMag.com thread user "Joesy Whales." RB-26 managed to push Gorilla Glue to an even higher THC content. "It all starts with your genetics," he says. "There are definitely some strains that are just low testing strains. I don't believe that every single strain can hit 30 percent."

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ugh dudes, You must not be reading the whole article.

"Gorilla Glue is a particularly high yield strain that was bred by a ICMag.com thread user "Joesy Whales." "

And about the THC % this dude lays it out best IMO

"These labs that are set up to test cannabis do not have access to the baseline standards that they need to test appropriately, so they use their own baselines." As a result, testing is inconsistent across labs. Even though this one of these very tests named his strain among the strongest ever, Khalatbari disputes the accuracy. "I think they're wonderful for marketing, and to give you an idea of cannabinoid ratio," he said, "But to take them as gospel is incorrect."

Its 420 man... Can we please have 1 day of peace and prosperity amongst our community? We always bicker about the things we all can't control instead of taking the time to change the things we can control, make things bettah.

Good vibes and blessing mons

[YOUTUBEIF]G9lldfa6How[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Winners of the 2015 HIGH TIMES U.S. Cannabis Cup Denver

Winners of the 2015 HIGH TIMES U.S. Cannabis Cup Denver

BEST COLORADO SATIVA FLOWER

1st Place - Ghost Train Haze - Greenman Cannabis

2nd Place - Sweet Silver Haze - Rocky Mountain High

3rd Place - Pootie Tang - Starbuds

BEST US SATIVA FLOWER

1st Place - Ghost Train Haze #13 - Greenway Las Vegas

2nd Place - Veganic Strawberry Cough - Private Stock for Buds & Roses of LA

3rd Place - Green Crack - Christopher Stine

BEST COLORADO INDICA FLOWER

1st Place - Louie XIII - Greenman Cannabis

2nd Place - Colorado Bubba - MMJ America Boulder

3rd Place - Black Fire - Docs Apothecary in collaboration with the Ethos Collective

BEST US INDICA FLOWER

1st Place - Granddaddy Purps - Herbal Healing

2nd Place - Kosher Kush - Greenwolf LA with Kushco

3rd Place - DaVinci OG - Greenwolf LA with Ghost Crow

BEST COLORADO HYBRID FLOWER

1st Place - Kong - Allgreens

2nd Place - Starkiller - Greenman Cannabis

3rd Place - OG KB Cookies - MMJ America Downtown

BEST US HYBRID FLOWER

1st Place - T.S.T. Cookies - Greenwolf and Top Shelf Terps

2nd Place - Cali Kush Farms Emperor Cookie Dough - Greenwolf LA

3rd Place - Mega Wellness OG - The Weed, The Wellness Earth Energy Dispensary with Nameless Genetics

BEST SATIVA CONCENTRATE

1st Place - Strawberry Lemonade Live Resin - Crocket Family Farms by Dabblicious Extracts

2nd Place - Wonderland Live Resin - Greenwolf LA with Dabblicious, Crockett Family Farm and G.C. Rebellion Farms

3rd Place - Tangie #17 - Gold Coast Extracts

BEST INDICA CONCENTRATE

1st Place - Crown OG Sugar - Greenwolf LA/Nature's Lab Extracts/Crown OG

2nd Place - Space Valley OG (Fresh Frozen) - Pink House with Incredibles

3rd Place - Company OG Live Resin Batter - Kush Company with Nature's Lab Extracts and the W.E.E.D. Studio City

BEST HYBRID CONCENTRATE

1st Place - B Mega Wellness OG - Nameless Genetics with The Weed of Studio City

2nd Place - Crown OG Crumble - Greenwolf LA/Nature's Lab Extracts/Crown OG

3rd Place - Skywalker OG Kush - Dab Vader/Vader Extractracts

BEST NON-SOLVENT HASH

1st Place - Cookies and Cream Cubantech Drysift - Exotic Genetix

2nd Place - Strawberry Banangieland 120-73u - Trichome Heavy Extracts with G.C. Rebellion Farms, Greenwolf LA and DNA

3rd Place - Kimbo Kush Cubantech Drysift - Cuban Hash Queen with Exotic Genetix

BEST EDIBLE

1st Place - Bubba Kush Root Beer 100mg - Keef Cola Signature

2nd Place - Affagato Bar - Incredibles

3rd Place - Orange Creamsicle Creampop - Sacred Sweets with Trichome Heavy Extractions in a collaborative effort with DNA

BEST TOPICAL

1st Place - Angel Salve - Champion Cannabis with Evolab

2nd Place - HIGHGASM - Genusys Compounds and Essences

3rd Place - Foria Pleasure - Foria

BEST CBD FLOWER

1st Place - Tora Bora - MMJ America

2nd Place - The Nubia - Aficionado/ FreeBorn Selections

3rd Place - Sleeping Giant - Elemental Seeds

BEST CBD CONCENTRATE

1st Place - OG Tonic - Smokers Club

2nd Place - Cannatonic - Natural Mystic Cannabis Caregivers

3rd Place - Industrial Hemp CBD Extract - ISODIOL S.A.

BEST CBD EDIBLE

1st Place - 160 mg Banana Pudding Bar - Shum-Met(TM) Bars in collaboration with Foxtracts

2nd Place - Rockies CBD Enriched Premium Protein Bar - TC Labs/TC Treats

3rd Place - Cherry Drops Tincture - Great Lakes Hemp Supplements

BEST BOOTH

1st Place - Vader Extracts

2nd Place - Rx Green Solutions / The Ethos Collection

3rd Place - The Green Solution

BEST PRODUCT

1st Place - Moxie Mix - Bader Extracts

2nd Place - Cloud V - Cloud V

3rd Place - Oil Slick - Oil Slick

BEST GLASS ART

1st Place - Qbert - Vader Extracts / Freeek / Pinky

2nd Place - Mothership Glass - Beehive Concentrates

3rd Place - Hitman Glass - Hitman Glass

BEST VAPORIZER

1st Place - 710 King Pen - Loud Pack Extracts

2nd Place - Cloud V - Cloud V

3rd Place - Icredibowl Milkshake Machine - Incredibowl Red Eye Saloon

PEOPLE'S CHOICE FLOWERS

1st Place - Cindy White - The Green Solution

2nd Place - Native Roots

3rd Place - Bubba Kush - The Clinic Colorado

PEOPLE'S CHOICE CONCENTRATES

1st Place - Sour Diesel Shatter - The Green Solution

2nd Place - Kosher Kush Live Resin Butter - The Clinic Colorado

3rd Place - Native Roots

RB26

Vendor
Veteran

"Gorilla Glue is a particularly high yield strain that was bred by a ICMag.com thread user "Joesy Whales." "

"These labs that are set up to test cannabis do not have access to the baseline standards that they need to test appropriately, so they use their own baselines." As a result, testing is inconsistent across labs. Even though this one of these very tests named his strain among the strongest ever, Khalatbari disputes the accuracy. "I think they're wonderful for marketing, and to give you an idea of cannabinoid ratio," he said, "But to take them as gospel is incorrect."

Its 420 man... Can we please have 1 day of peace and prosperity amongst our community? We always bicker about the things we all can't control instead of taking the time to change the things we can control, make things bettah.

To be fair, it didn't originally include it. But the article was edited and all is good. No tripping, enjoy the article and the publicity. Its great for all of us.

gh0st9

Veteran
think that was a edit, saw the post went it first went up last night, don't remember seeing the mention, but knowing rb-26, theres no way he would do something like that, intentional or not. Especially would be a dumb move being a known member here, and then linking the article back here that would be like ICmag suicide...

I'm glad you're reppin IC/JW/Marr/Gluecrew solid Rb-26, couldn't have picked a better representative myself.

With all this press, cups, and general excitement in the scene for the glue, I'm thinkin shes gonna be a real proper star. I mean I havent seen this much mention/coverage in major media since maybe OG or Blue dream...

stihgnobevoli

Veteran

it's been edited since original version. before it gave credit to rb-26. didn't quite say he bred it, but it essentially suggested it.

max_well

Hey RB-26 congrats on the VICE article; I saw on your culti-vated blog that you use Botanicare nutes-- care to share any details of your feeding program?
thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts