What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyfespan

Super crop clones= taken from a flowering plant and revegged.

I have done this with success a few times, it's a good stress test too

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if losing it is absolutely not an option why not just cut some tops off for sample smoke now and put the rest of it into your veg room...I'd think your odds would be better if you were trying to revert the majority of the plant back to veg asap...but then again I'm sure you are probably much more experienced with revegging than I am. what strain is that PF?

It's Sour Dubble x Querkle male I found 4 year ago.

Tardigrade

Re-vegging a male...that's a new one to me! Sweet.

If he shows the need for fertilizer, let him have it! I use a serrated bread knife to just prune the roots back to a smaller pot, then feed lightly, but I'm a coco nut.

Clones from flowering plants are the ultimate in branchiness. This one took 10 weeks to get this far...but in another month, she'll be a massive mother plant.

picture.php

spaceboy

Anyone having having troubles getting these girls to swell up? Ive noticed that some runs i get really large fat buds and sometimes they are really small tight buds.

Not sure what im doing to cause this difference, but was thinking my girls that looked more mag deficient going into flower ended up with the larger buds compared to the plants that had a very nice healthy green color.. Also has me thinkinh she really swells up a lot more with very low nitrogen early in flower.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not re vegging a male lol..

I have had yields very maybe +-2oz max..When I top many x the flowers are smaller. I want the same quality run to run. this is where all my effort goes.

My cuts from flowering plants did not look like that. She grew normal after the 1st set of leaves. It also was much quicker then doing a whole plant.. The stem grew right out of the bud.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Anyone having having troubles getting these girls to swell up? Ive noticed that some runs i get really large fat buds and sometimes they are really small tight buds.

Not sure what im doing to cause this difference, but was thinking my girls that looked more mag deficient going into flower ended up with the larger buds compared to the plants that had a very nice healthy green color.. Also has me thinkinh she really swells up a lot more with very low nitrogen early in flower.

I got too much popcorn my first run. This run I have a better handle on how she grows and have been training and pruning way more. I think that if all the sucker branches and lower larf aren't removed that will significantly reduce overall bud size. I know this is the case with most strains but more so with this one.

I was curious as well, do you run synthetic or organic nutrients? Also, what medium?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've pulled off 5 re-veg in the past 6 months.
flushing or not has both worked. i Just try to leave enough green to support the plant for 2 months or so.
if I shaved the fans hard during flower I'll let some buds stay on at the bottom.

I switch back to veg feed and try not to over water.

picture.php

bigshrimp

Veteran
Leaving old buds on the plant after it has gotten going ( or even slower reverting growth) will significantly slow down the reveg process.

Once vegetative growth is going, start chopping of the slow and undesirable shoots and nuggets. The will speed up your reveg process.

Kinda like when you take clones you cut off some of the fan leaves so the plant isnt so worried about keeping leaves and more about producing roots. You want it to focus on producing growth, not keeping that now 12 week old nugget alive.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran

There are 100 different reasons why this could happen, and it is likely not just one specific issue. GG4 has a very wide spectrum of yield, anywhere from 1lb/light to 2.5lb/light.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran

Yep, so much so she's now on the back burner in veg for a while. I'm gonna let her sit in the corner and think about her actions. After having many great, huge runs with her my last couple have been busts.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i have experienced a wide range of growth as well. never less than A++++quality in the bag but a lil crazy to witness in the room. no one can tell what a disaster certain sections of my harvests looked. blown the fuck out micro nugs of airy larf.

i have gotten that to go away by changing a couple parameters it seems but this is the first round that ive seen this little of the issue, so i think i may be on to something with my changes,

ill keep reporting but this last round is the most consistent canopy and densest kolas ive seen yet.

luckily my space that does it the worst has some really difficult to manage atmospheric control issues concerning air movement creating high heat and humidity variance zones.

that was my cheater clue. it became really obvious exactly what it was she didnt like. i fixed it for real finally and the difference in general in my room is stark.

will report back in coming weeks with some better conclusions, but thats a funny thing ive found with her too.

vpd adherence with strict control to prevent swings from going out of the optimal zones at all really if you can.

humidifying humidistats, dehumidifying humidistat with the same features. set with day night programmable feature. dial in your vpd and watch herturn a new leaf in your garden.

this is just my very limited experience. i have only been running her for a year, i was running critically low humidity and not really understanding it.
i was at about 40-55 humidity at 80 degrees ambient with co2 . it works for a lot of tlerant plants but i think it can piss gg4 off. not always. i think there are some accompanying nutritional factors that im honing in on trying test out.
i havent gotten her to a predictable pattern yet. im really newb at this though compared to most on here. some of yall have been nailing her out the gate with dense structure, making me doubt myself. i got the vpd dialed in and now things look a lot better.

just a couple of anecdotal non expert pennies to throw in the pile.

*****disclaimer, i barely know what im doing and 75% everything i know i learned from you folks on this site, lol. so you know, take it with a grain of salt. im still trying to prove myself wrong. we shall see.

thanks to everyone on this thread and this site. it has improved my grow more this last year than in my 10 years doing this.

i showed up here a year ago after never havong visited the forums ever and didnt even know that i actually knew folks on here. within a month got this cut and was reading up on all the info i had missed over the years of just learning the wrong shit by word of mouth at grow shops and from the handful of other growers i knew locally that did good work. dont get me wrong, i know some great growers here locally but this crowd sourced and often fanatically fact checked discussion board on techniques is irreplaceable for quick launch point discussions for my own research.
this place has really boosted my scene in a surprisingly positive way. alot really. more than i couldve ever guessed. you people are (myself included more than most) fucking crazy, annoying ,kooky ass bitchy fucks, but i love yall for teaching me to be a better grower and im enjoying my work a hundred times more now than i had for years.
yall are the shit.

if you have a thick skin, a good pair of waders, and a decent bullshit detector, this site can be really helpful.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i think theres definately some nutritional factors that can changer her performance as well. more so than with other strains ive run actually but its nothing crazy. in general ive found different feed brands of similar ratios to perform more similarly than if i tweek a environmental control. botanicare ,gh, jacks, 6/9 lucas with without boosters etc performs pretty close to each other, however humidity makes it look like im trying some new booster.

gh0st9

Veteran
Absolutley concur with Str8edge... Cyat I've noticed my plants do way better with just a base feed rather than trying to finagle a pk in there, so it might have to do with pk levels before there needed for sure, 2nd run now, I have nothing but dense golfball/wiffleball(?) sized nugs that stack up into nice bats. Just feeding at 1.2-1.3, silica, Maxibloom/ 6/9, 1tsp per 5 gal epsom. 79-81 degrees at 65-70% humidity, starting to drop that going into the flush.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't use any bloom boosters anymore. I do increase K in flower with Kelp and Humic acid..Its just part of my feeding...Crooked is killing his. Might want to see what he uses. I have not had any issues with yield. All are similar. I don't get 12" long Cola's with glue never have. My tops ave 6" most are smaller firm a bit larger then golf balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts