What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snype

Veteran
Gorilla Glue #4 - Day 37 Flower
It's not the dud! 😍
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Grizz

Veteran
right on,

do you think that you had a male that did the original pollination? I wonder how you found males if it was a herm cross.

I look forward to seeing what Prop does with them and what shows up.

no male in original, don't ask me how I got males cause this whole gorilla glue is a mystery ..SHIT HAPPENS .

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
this is crazy....
This is from one of my familys beds, last fall they harvest this was a full gg4 bed. Now this spring he finds this single plant growing up and told me its from the roots. But now the roots were to the left a little and this isnt a cut of gg4, because its 100% male.
How could this be? my guess is his gg4 last year self pollinated and dropped a seed, then it sprouted? But how the hell could it be 100% male? Whatchall think?
Should i keep it?

picture.php

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
this is crazy....
This is from one of my familys beds, last fall they harvest this was a full gg4 bed. Now this spring he finds this single plant growing up and told me its from the roots. But now the roots were to the left a little and this isnt a cut of gg4, because its 100% male.
How could this be? my guess is his gg4 last year self pollinated and dropped a seed, then it sprouted? But how the hell could it be 100% male? Whatchall think?
Should i keep it?

View Image

Freaky!

gh0st9

Veteran
^^yup JW on point once again, so far she seems to be a mag hungry gal, I forgot to add the epsom one time in my res after she got so used to it, and she threw a bitch fit, yellowing up slightly overnight, whereas she was a super luscious dark green before.. and frost is killer once you dial her in, which imo is the easiest job of any plant yet... But snype has some solid looking plants so I'm sure he doens't need my 2 cents lol

LOL "SHIT HAPPENS"

@Get Mo, your mystery seems to be solved look at above post by JW hahaha, the GG4 is one freaky ass girl

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
It is outdoors, so could have been rouge pollen. We didnt find a single seed in any of the bud either, i told them to keep a lookout cuz if there were any i wanted um. I think i might keep it and cross it back to the gg4 n see what i get.

edit: just read the above posts, crazy timing! ha!

Grizz

Veteran
mo that seed could have been there for who knows how long, just maybe got it the right spot to germ.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its definitely from seed and not the roots... as to what pollinated it could be anyones guess... pollen can travel for miles.

as far as the GG males, sometimes intersex plants can express virtually the same as a dioecious individual ie CBG's peyote purple... which was a fem cross but puts out some male expressions... I never heard of anyone growing anything coming from those PP males though... so GG #4 x GG male could be a cool experiment.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
No tellin, but this is the kinda rare shit that happens to happen that brings about dopeness (sometimes). I think Ill keep it and play with it, see what its offspring look like n go from there.
My guess is its a gg4 cross, only because he uses new dirt every year and that was all that was grown in that spot last year. Regardless tho, might be a blessing!

i dont see any roots in that pic.when i look at my outdoor root bases the 2nd year they have pushed up outta the ground most years.i live where the ground freezes so maybe that wouldnt happen in a warmer area.just a thought.

OgRastaman

Got 20 gg #4 x long bottom leaf beans just popped today:woohoo:
Super excited about these beans never seen the long bottom leaf but looks. Great from the pics I have seen and my babbies and teen are taking off :dance013:

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
that 100% is a seed plant. i have all kinds of weird gg4 seed crosses. i left a few males too long one time and another i had a construction site in the grow room dark period for the first three weeks on my first run with her. that thing does spit nanners and ive only seen three i beleive ever. i have harveststed close to twelve rooms of at least partial if not full gg4. ive not seen really any hermies at all. none except those few on that one round. so it does throw them if provoked but it isnt an issue at all with this strain. i havent seen it do this any time else and not in any of my homies rooms that i passed her to either.

one other person on here ran it in dep and had some too but they had a cut that wasnt acting right either.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found a seedling growing with 1 of my glue clones.. When I germ seeds the failed cups get dumped back into the soil bin. When I transplanted the clone I must have scooped up the seed from the soil bin. very Vigorous plant has already shown to be female just don't know what it is..

Status
Not open for further replies.