What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

This and that

Timj

I'm also harvesting some carrots I grew in 10 gallon fabric pots of a coots type no till medium. I'll shred, blanch and freeze them for carrot cakes during the winter.
20240929_163850.jpg
20240929_163910.jpg

Timj

Did you have any special reason for deciding to reverse the Lemon Tree?
Yes. If I like a strain, I reverse it because I already purchased the genetics once. That strain was a feminized one, so I'm not altering it by backing it on itself. I keep regular seed strains regular and feminized seeds feminized. I sell nothing, all my seeds are for personal use.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats your special dough recipe.

Been eating tons of home made bread, can't get enough. I like it fresh though. What is it like, is it yeasty after sitting for 2 days?

Yes. If I like a strain, I reverse it because I already purchased the genetics once. That strain was a feminized one, so I'm not altering it by backing it on itself. I keep regular seed strains regular and feminized seeds feminized. I sell nothing, all my seeds are for personal use.
Every successive selfing it can start to have slower plants, I think I remember hearing breeders talk about on The Potcast. Maybe there aren't any issues for just S2 generation.

Keep up the sculptures, looking forward to the peace sign. Good themes, Christ and peace, good stuff.

Glad the plants made it through the rains with the hurricane reminants. Everything harvested outdoors yet. Would love to try any of those, but curious about Lemon Tree. I've heard its good.

Timj

Nothing really special for my pizza dough recipe.

300 grams bread flour
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon dry yeast
7 grams salt
2 tablebsppons olive oil
1 cup cold water

Mix and refrigerate
I use a bowl scraper turning technique about 4-5 times during the first 4 hours then just bring the dough to room temperature prior to use and keep checking for proper proofing.

It seems to add a lot of chew to the pizza dough and a depth of flavor you don't get with a quick pizza dough.

As far as breeding S2's I really don't see a significant difference myself.
I haven't grown a bad Barney's farm strain yet. Lemon tree is just one of my newest favorites.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
300g flour is approximately 2 cups. Same recipe I use except I substitute some of the initial flour with 1/4 cup hemp seed. Also, I just use organic whole wheat flour. What is in bread flour? It has less fiber and protein I think. Really love the whole wheat, but bread flour makes a little more traditional consistency.

I don't use salt, should try that, I bet its great. I don't use sugar either, but I love honey on fresh bread.

Take the pizza dough and put it in a bread pan to bake for 20 min at 375 F. Its like magic. Extra olive oil in the pan makes it better. Dipped in honey with butter for some big hungryman pancakes.

Get some hemp seed, makes much better pizza dough. Also can substitute oats. Up to 1/3 of the flour can be substituted for hemp/oats from what I read, but I do less to keep it from being too crumbly.

Glad to see you got seedlings up. What is your favorite strain so far? You like that lemon tree, makes my mouth water, would love to try it.

Latest posts

Latest posts