What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
assigning blame does not solve the problem.
no, but it keeps them off of street corners talking to sailors.
get weird or get angry!
we're OLD, dammit! it takes us HOURS to get up to speed before we start channeling our inner hempyness...hell, i thought you might appreciate a little "normality" for a while. shoulda known better...:biglaugh:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no, but it keeps them off of street corners talking to sailors.

we're OLD, dammit! it takes us HOURS to get up to speed before we start channeling our inner hempyness...hell, i thought you might appreciate a little "normality" for a while. shoulda known better...:biglaugh:
i'm the schizo mod...both the funny mod and the harsh mod,gotta let both sides out to play...all bans and no puns makes unc a dull boy!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ALL of you mods seem to have a "dark side". i'm about afraid to know what Cosmics freak flag looks like...:oops:
i certainly can't speak for all the mods,but i'm fairly sure no one really wants to be a moderator...there's no "how to" guide,no real what you would call benefits aside from knowing they're needed and being of service to this fine site Gypsy has made for us...i was asked to serve and so i do...i take no pleasure in having to ban people,but luckily it's only a tiny part of what the mods do...95% of it is catching spammers and checking newbies initial post,which the new software makes easy...
but yeah,that 5% of the time spent wading in bullshit does tend to make one a tad cynical...

Three Berries

Quid Pro Quo?​

Saudi Leader MBS Helped Broker Brittney Griner Swap After White House Ended Khashoggi Suit

Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman helped broker the dramatic prisoner swap between the U.S. and Moscow that sprang WNBA star Brittney Griner from a Russian gulag, days after the Biden administration helped spike a lawsuit against the Saudi ruler.

MBS, as the Saudi leader is known, and United Arab Emirates President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed “led mediation efforts” between the two nations whose diplomatic ties have been badly frayed by the war in Ukraine, according to Arab News. Griner was traded for Viktor Bout, a Russian arms dealer who plotted to help South American terrorists attack the U.S.

“The ministries said the success of the mediation efforts was a reflection of the mutual and solid friendship between their two countries and the United States and Russia,” read a joint statement from Saudi Arabia and the UAE. “They also highlighted the important role played by the leaderships of the two brotherly countries in promoting dialogue between all parties.”

audiohi

Veteran
r4IXrgvsqXXMpILkf71E-dpggot2qEFwU8zei7A-oII.jpg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
In theory, the deposits into social security would be earning interest for those ~50 years for the workers, the employers' and workers' investments inclusive in that massive account, and the interest rates not that many years ago were substantially better than they are today; would've been massive earning potential, had it not been raided.

Sour grapes at this juncture.

We can always go camp in their yards, I guess. Let Wavy Gravy and the Hog Farm set up an Occupy Wall St./Woodstock-style tent kitchen on the lawns in front of their mansions. That'd be some sort of justice.
I could be wrong but it's always been my impression that the only method of earning interest on money in the Social Security trust fund was to invest in Treasury Bonds which don't have all that great of an interest rate compared to other more traditional interest bearing strategies. But like you more or less indicated, at this point it's all moot.

moose eater

I could be wrong but it's always been my impression that the only method of earning interest on money in the Social Security trust fund was to invest in Treasury Bonds which don't have all that great of an interest rate compared to other more traditional interest bearing strategies. But like you more or less indicated, at this point it's all moot.
I wasn't speaking to individual earnings, but rather to the fund itself. I do not believe it was static or stagnant money.

HempKat

Veteran
LOL, maybe for those working at Micky D all their life.. Medium-class income in Ca is 90k$. A crappy 1600SQF home is a million $$$. What you made in your life is what matters. The max amount If you retire at full retirement age in 2022, your maximum benefit would be $3,345. If you wait until your 70 the max amount will be $4,194

If you make 90K$ a year you would pay $558,000 over 50 years..

If you make 5k a month minus 12.4%= $620 is taken for FICA... X12=7440 X 50 YEARS=372k$.. This will vary depending on your income but the max amount will not go up.. Those are the max per month amounts even for a millionaire. If I had kept working the $$ taken for FICA would exceed a million $ had my income stayed the same until retirement..
My figures were based on a national average with the average paycheck being 1041 that's roughly $55,000 per year. Now granted it is a well known fact that California pays higher wages because the cost of living there is much higher but even there I doubt people working at Micky D makes $55,000 per year except maybe managers. I can tell you without a doubt the don't pay that well in most of the rest of the country. According to Pew Research which defines the middle class as households that earn between two-thirds and double the median U.S. household income, which was $65,000 in 2021, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

I notice that you like to base a lot of what you said based on what things are like where you are but you can't do that with Social Security since it covers everyone nationwide. If you're going to base everything on just California then we might as well not even have this discussion because when it comes to income your numbers will always be skewed. Sure how much you earn does matter to a point because the more you earn the more gets payed in until you reach the maximum contribution.

"The OASDI tax rate for wages paid in 2023 is set by statute at 6.2 percent for employees and employers, each. Thus, an individual with wages equal to or larger than $160,200 would contribute $9,932.40 to the OASDI program in 2023, and his or her employer would contribute the same amount."

That is why I say there should be some restriction on who can collect Social Security. Once your income exceeds $160,200 your not having to pay any more in then a person whose income is $160,200. Which effectively means that as you salary goes up above that maximum you're effectively paying a lower percentage of your total income. So let's say for example your salary is $500,000 per year (which isn't an unheard of salary for high level workers) you still only pay the same as someone making $160,200 for them their contribution equals 6.2% but for the person making $500,000 per year their contribution only amounts to 1.9% of their total income. Seems unfair to me that someone who makes substantially more and mays in at a lower tax rate should be entitled to the same benefit as someone who makes substantially less and pays a higher tax rate (for this discussion tax rate only refers to the money withheld for Social Security). Since what is withheld stops at a maximum of $9932.40 at $160,200 then if they wanted to the person making $500,000 per year could take that 5.3% that isn't being withheld and set it aside as a retirement investment whereas the person making $160,200 doesn't have that same luxury.

I'm not saying I'm opposed to people who pay in getting what they deserve based on those withholdings. What I am saying is that if you want to be able to collect the same as everyone else then you should have to pay in the same rate as everyone else, regardless of how much you're total salary is. Of course I recognize that if that's how things were done then you should also get a higher benefit rather then only being able to get the benefit based on a fixed rate of 6.2% at $160,200.

HempKat

Veteran
I wasn't speaking to individual earnings, but rather to the fund itself. I do not believe it was static or stagnant money.
Nor was I speaking to individual earnings. I was talking about what my understanding is of what they do with the Trust fund as far as it earning interest. Like I said I could be wrong that it's done thru T- Bonds though. Part of what gives me that impression though were the IOU's various administrations left when they raided the trust fund, I remember it being reported that they use a special T-Bond that doesn't earn any interest and that's why it amounts to essentially an IOU. If that money could be put in to higher earning accounts that would amount to what they call privatizing Social Security which is pretty much frowned on because it could just as easily lose money as make it on some accounts. T-Bonds are usually thought of as being safe because you can count on them earning the interest they're supposed to earn, regardless of how the economy is going when they come due.

HempKat

Veteran
Anyway let's get this back on track before unclefishstick breaks out Mjolnir Jr. What are peoples thoughts on the latest news about thm Finding more Classified documents at another Storage Facility of Trump's? Mind you this discovery happened not because the FBI went looking, this was the result of Trump's lawyers hiring someone to look. I guess they were getting nervous of how this could come back on them?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I guess they were getting nervous of how this could come back on them?
The Chump is unable to get anyone on his "legal team" to sign anything saying that they'll vouch that "all documents have been returned". just how big of a fool would you have to be that you'd fall for that? he's just trying to NOT have to say so himself, for obvious reasons. i still say they need to dig up his ex-wifes grave at the golf course and check inside of the casket... ground penetrating radar MIGHT work. :dunno::shucks: i'd search all of his kids homes/offices as well.

moose eater

Anyway let's get this back on track before unclefishstick breaks out Mjolnir Jr. What are peoples thoughts on the latest news about thm Finding more Classified documents at another Storage Facility of Trump's? Mind you this discovery happened not because the FBI went looking, this was the result of Trump's lawyers hiring someone to look. I guess they were getting nervous of how this could come back on them?
The fact that 'tRump's team found the most recent couple of documents, and not tRump himself, causes me to wonder if A.) They're not seriously looking after their own law licenses and keisters, and B.) If they no longer wish for tRump to engage in trying to look after his own ass. (Like they're not quite yet conservators or guardians for an incompetent client, but the actions of the client are sorta' looking like it's headed that way.. and maybe they ought to be).

Good faith effort for the courts to view, or an effort to minimize the already-existing legal damage? Both?

I'm curious if anyone has an actual -exact- accounting of what's missing (numbers and titles), in order to know when the missing docs are all returned, noting that some of these undoubtedly came into being while he was Prez.

I'm assuming they have such a target number and ID on the docs, but.... ?

I mean, the DoD/Pentagon was never able to account for all of their money, and in that case, they knew how much there was supposed to be.

And the fact that there's docs being found here, there, everywhere, this time surrounded by dress suits and wrestling medals, is either a statement of how loosely they were stored/handled, or that someone was kibbling them away in various places to keep them hidden.

Either way, and contrary to the Q-py dolls present on the forums, the legal implications seem to continue to get much more 'badder' for the Orange One. Though the Q-pies still insist he's winning and it's all a "TWAP!!" (Thanks for inflection and phonetic entertainment to Elmer Fudd)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts