What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose eater

What I am hearing is: "If you are mad enough to spit, you should just use a gun."

Maybe I am missing something but I'm all ears...

I'm also obstinate.
They really know how to up the ante, don't they?

We actually had 2 drunks in separate incidents, early into the pandemic, who went down for said felonies. One for pissing on the cop (and I think puking on the officer, too), and the other for spitting on the arresting officer.

Imagine waking up the next morning in jail, hung-over like nobody's business, and asking what you did, only to discover you've seriously disrupted your forward movement in life with some poorly placed saliva.

Ooops...

moose eater

I've been in some altercations with Johnny Law but never once thought about peeing on him... spitting sure, that crossed my mind, but never urination.

Not all of us are heroes.

I need to remember that should our struggles not be behind us.
I think if you're truly drunk, and you can maneuver effectively and proficiently enough to urinate on the officer in the process of being arrested, you should get some leniency and serious recognition for demonstrating unsurpassed multi-tasking and coordination skills.. at the bare minimum.

Like the Canadian snowboarder in the Olympics a number of years ago, who was stoned on ganja, but got disqualified and had to relinquish his medal for testing positive for 'performance-enhancing drugs'.

Some feats deserve some sort of extra special recognition.

Puking and spitting are too easy.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
every single day in the USA, about 10,000 people turn 65. the number of older adults is going to double over the next few decades, resulting in over 88 million "elderly", or about 20 % of our population.
Which is why I said that the program will likely fail before enough elderly die off to improve things. In fact given what we saw with the pandemic, that it was young people that were most likely to ignore the warnings and not follow the guidelines, they stand a better chance of dying off before the elderly and thereby speeding up the timeframe on when the program will fail because there are less working age people paying into the system to keep it going.

HempKat

Veteran
Wasn't that started by everybody's buddy, Bill Clinton? And by everybody's buddy I mean shitbag of a human being.
I'm not sure who started it, nor does it really matter at this point since several administrations are now guilty of it thereby making it such that there is no one person anyone can point to and lay all the blame on. Not that it would matter even if there was, assigning blame does not solve the problem.

moose eater

Which is why I said that the program will likely fail before enough elderly die off to improve things. In fact given what we saw with the pandemic, that it was young people that were most likely to ignore the warnings and not follow the guidelines, they stand a better chance of dying off before the elderly and thereby speeding up the timeframe on when the program will fail because there are less working age people paying into the system to keep it going.
Despite the lack of youngsters heeding warnings re. COVID, the death rates were disproportionately tilted toward the elderly and obese dying at far greater numbers, when examining mortality rates, elderly versus youngsters.

The majority of those who died were seniors and the infirm, especially if obese.

Sad but true. And the unattentive youngsters, dismissinve of the protocols, can take some repsonsibility for spreading the virus to the elders, many of whom tried to be otherwise conscientious, working with what they had.

HempKat

Veteran
The full retirement age has changed for anyone born after 1960 to 67 years old. The ave lifespan in the USA is 74. You would only get 7 years of full benefits lol. PAying into your SS account for 65 years to onkly get 7 years of that back .. IT'S A SCAM!!.. The retirement age should be 50.
The problem with that reasoning is that in those 7 years you actually get back more then you paid in during all those years of working. There is only 6.2% of your pay that goes toward Social Security and Medicare which is why they make the employers match that contribution with another 6.2% making the total paid in just 12.4% The average paycheck for American workers is just $1041 per week. So $1041 x 12.4% = $129 $129 x 4 = $516.00. So on average only $516.00 per month is paid in to Social Security but the average monthly Social Security benefit if you wait until age 67 is $1504 or almost 3 times what is paid in and that doesn't account for all of those who are able to collect early because of SSDI who go on to make it to age 67 and beyond.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Despite the lack of youngsters heeding warnings re. COVID, the death rates were disproportionately tilted toward the elderly and obese dying at far greater numbers, when examining mortality rates, elderly versus youngsters.

The majority of those who died were seniors and the infirm, especially if obese.

Sad but true. And the unattentive youngsters, dismissinve of the protocols, can take some repsonsibility for spreading the virus to the elders, many of whom tried to be otherwise conscientious, working with what they had.
I didn't mean to imply that more youth died off then elderly, I was just trying to point out that young people are more likely to gamble with their life believing themselves to be semi invulnerable, which then must be factored into the calculous of there being enough people working to keep Social Security afloat.

moose eater

The problem with that reasoning is that in those 7 years you actually get back more then you paid in during all those years of working. There is only 6.2% of your pay that goes toward Social Security and Medicare which is why they make the employers match that contribution with another 6.2% making the total paid in just 12.4% The average paycheck for American workers is just $1041 per week. So $1041 x 12.4% = $129 $129 x 4 = $516.00. So on average only $516.00 per month is paid in to Social Security but the average monthly Social Security benefit if you wait until age 67 is $1504 or almost 3 times what is paid in and that doesn't account for all of those who are able to collect early because of SSDI who go on to make it to age 67 and beyond.
In theory, the deposits into social security would be earning interest for those ~50 years for the workers, the employers' and workers' investments inclusive in that massive account, and the interest rates not that many years ago were substantially better than they are today; would've been massive earning potential, had it not been raided.

Sour grapes at this juncture.

We can always go camp in their yards, I guess. Let Wavy Gravy and the Hog Farm set up an Occupy Wall St./Woodstock-style tent kitchen on the lawns in front of their mansions. That'd be some sort of justice.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I've been in some altercations with Johnny Law but never once thought about peeing on him... spitting sure, that crossed my mind, but never urination.

Not all of us are heroes.

I need to remember that should our struggles not be behind us.
I never peed on any cops. I did throw a swing at one mid way through a half gallon of vodka. And ended up rather bruised up and covered in pepper spray and left alone in a cell for a day. I left town. Came back a few years later and paid a lawyer to make it all better.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, maybe for those working at Micky D all their life.. Medium-class income in Ca is 90k$. A crappy 1600SQF home is a million $$$. What you made in your life is what matters. The max amount If you retire at full retirement age in 2022, your maximum benefit would be $3,345. If you wait until your 70 the max amount will be $4,194

If you make 90K$ a year you would pay $558,000 over 50 years..

If you make 5k a month minus 12.4%= $620 is taken for FICA... X12=7440 X 50 YEARS=372k$.. This will vary depending on your income but the max amount will not go up.. Those are the max per month amounts even for a millionaire. If I had kept working the $$ taken for FICA would exceed a million $ had my income stayed the same until retirement..

Last edited:

moose eater

LOL, maybe for those working at Micky D all their life.. Medium-class income in Ca is 90k$. A crappy 1600SQF home is a million $$$. What you made in your life is what matters. The max amount If you retire at full retirement age in 2022, your maximum benefit would be $3,345. If you wait until your 70 the max amount will be $4,194

If you make 90K$ a year you would pay $558,000 over 50 years..

If you make 5k a month minus 12.4%= $620 is taken for FICA... X12=7440 X 50 YEARS=372k$.. This will vary depending on your income but the max amount will not go up.. Those are the max per month amounts even for a millionaire. If I had kept working the $$ taken for FICA would exceed a million $ had my income stayed the same until retirement..
Isn't there a window of time Soc. Sec. Admin. looks at, involving X number of most recent quarters, in establishing which bracket a recipient falls into?

A family member runs a private non-profit clinic and has intentionally kept their salary relatively lower, for a variety of reasons, including a philosophical belief re. the role of p-n-f agencies, and an obligatioon to be less self-serving. They have been a director there for over 20 years. Current salary is about $91,000/yr. (a pittance of what other directors in similar jobs make, often with far less tenure than they have).

I believe the last time they calculated their retirement amount from SS, before the more recent cola's, they were looking at about $1,800 to $1,900 per month.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, it gets complicated. I've read as much as I can tolerate on SS. I don't understand a lot of the Bend points and national average wage index calculations.

Here is one.. There are a few pages that have this info

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.