What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexamus616

Veteran
Noydie, you're a menace.... hahaha

EB, the rough scaled is a bit venomous isn't it? i'll have to find my 'Australia most dangerous creatures' book again and have a look... Awesome old book that.

Ted, i've seen the red-belies do that cobra neck-flattening thing! They're usually pretty flighty, and bugger off when you come near....

Oh yeah, EB, why do you NOT let the snakeys know you're coming? Do the browns give chase or something?

Someone told me theres abit of interbreeding with some of the browns and that which gives rise to some different temperaments and antivenom can be hard to figure out for those hybrids....

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Rex

GG is not always in the bush .
Some times grassy paddocks near houses ,old farms or factories is good . No trees blocking the winter sun .

Rough scale is venomous apparently . He had that nasty small head of a biting snake .
I got a good look at it . Up in the stems of the grass a cpl of feet off the ground . Never seen the likes of that before .

Have seen a Taipan flatten itself out like a Cobra too . But only just to warm itself up . Not standing up flared .

Browns are distant relatives of Cobras .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

rod58

hey rexy , we have a few death adders around here . i went fishing along the coast and went for a walk into the bush where i saw my first one . not all that long but really fat and ugly , big boof head and a tiny tail , and just lay there .......so i prodded it with a stick ..
hahaha , that got it moving !
mainly dugites and tiger snakes around here but they hear you coming and move away .
sorry for butting in ....not really ..lol

N

noyd666

one of my old workmates a pom told me a yarn about a 6ft tiger snake that chased him through two paddocks before he got away from the wild bastard lol , was on a farm he owned up on the west coast of Tassie., still trying to stop laughing about , he was fair dinkum.

T

Teddybrae

Someone told me theres abit of interbreeding with some of the browns and that which gives rise to some different temperaments and antivenom can be hard to figure out for those hybrids....

I reckon that's an excuse for not being able to tell what snake is what.
but there is a snake identification book around that shows 8 different coloured and patterned Western Taipans (stoned ... I mean they can look very different from one another .... Oh Wife's calling me to the shower. she thinks she's found Noydie's snake! Oh a bit of a scream from there ... I 'd better hurry ...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Rex

Never heard of hybrid snakes .
I do know colour is not a good identifier . They can be most any colour .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Those red bellied black snakes hood up like a cobra ,
i recall reading several of our venomous snakes are related to cobras ...

I spent many years with a big black snake ,
got to know her pretty well ,
they are a good snake , you can walk right past them without a bother ,

i say her because there was a lot of little tiny ones once ,
figured they were hers ...

T

Teddybrae

the Missus and I enjoyed the Rugby League last night. thought it was a good game ...

budsnblunts

Veteran
Frozen everything tonight one of the towels left on the line is a solid mat hahaha... i see daffodils around aswell, strange weather.. here's hoping to a dry summer!

rod58

the Missus and I enjoyed the Rugby League last night. thought it was a good game ...

australia v ireland or state of origin queensland v new south wales .? either way they were both superbly played clashes .

cold here too buds , second frost for the year , early for us , and trowelled my potato crop . black as soot !

T

Teddybrae

australia v ireland or state of origin queensland v new south wales .? either way they were both superbly played clashes .

cold here too buds , second frost for the year , early for us , and trowelled my potato crop . black as soot !

I meant the Womens' game ... fast, hard ... but the Union was good too. Looks like FINALLY Oz has a useful Scrum! Bad luck about the penalties ...

insomniac_AU

Lunch time

Lunch time

:tiphat:
picture.php

insomniac_AU

What a dog. SMH

What a dog. SMH

A POSTMAN who was fined $330 for riding his motorbike on the footpath has had the matter dismissed in a “win for common sense”.

After issuing the fine, Mr Jackson said the police officer then followed him back to the post office — and gave him a second fine, for the offence “stop on path/in built up area”, because he parked his bike on the footpath in front of the shop.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...d/news-story/4e39e80b59f2669ffd61c9cec5b1634e

Brother Nature

A POSTMAN who was fined $330 for riding his motorbike on the footpath has had the matter dismissed in a “win for common sense”.

After issuing the fine, Mr Jackson said the police officer then followed him back to the post office — and gave him a second fine, for the offence “stop on path/in built up area”, because he parked his bike on the footpath in front of the shop.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...d/news-story/4e39e80b59f2669ffd61c9cec5b1634e

Man seems the powers that be in OZ really have something against people who ride motorcycles. Wonder if that police man realized the postal services badges weren't patches? Seriously though, that's some crazy shit. I'm constantly driving up on the sidewalk if the traffic's back to back, I'm not a dick about it but it's part of the point of owning a bike in the city. we've got an interesting loophole in our laws regarding where bikes can park in NZ. You can really park wherever as the law stipulates if you can't attach a ticket securely to the vehicle then the owner can contest the ticket. Police have simply stopped ticketing bikers for parking because of it. :dance013:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts