What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac_AU

Yeah it seems like the ruling few are a bunch of fucking tossers. I wouldn't even consider going fishing without a beer. I even bring one in here with me.. :)

It's the Australian way.
Although it's too cold for beer at this time of year for me. I prefer Wild Turkey or Maker's Mark.

Cut down a plant last night

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
looked good that one eb ,

what sort of aroma and high did she have ,
was she up to par ??

i like a bit of mango haze ,
have a few littlens in at the moment ....

G `day Wal

She was out in a field .
Had a tough summer . Then a deluge in autumn . Good mold resistance .
Ran her in a coco Hempy in winter / spring . Replanted in the ground with slow release ferts and water crystals . Left alone for 3 months .

SK / Hz type high .Green Mango smell . Incense in the smoke . Fast onset strong up high . Crash like hitting a wall after a few hours . Nana nap ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

insomniac_AU

yeah...

btw nice buds...

Thanks mate. I really like this strain. It's Black Russian which I got as free seeds when I bought some other stuff years ago. I got lucky. I had one seed left and this one tastes like passionfruit with an undertone of grapefruit mixed with an earthy flavour. Really nice day time smoke.

T

Teddybrae

here's a picture of a Black Snake in our garden yesterday. (was it only yesterday?)

Unreal considering it's the middle of winter (Ha Ha hava joint and it might become the mUddle of winter).

S/he was over five feet. S/he lives in a pile of branches and stuff just outside the fence.

the rose is a miniature rose by the way ...

picture.php

rexamus616

Veteran
5 feet? thats alright size! must have some fat frogs to eat around....

Had one give birth near the house couple of years back.... was finding tiny ones around the house for months!

Quite a scare when u find one in an unexpected place! Apparently they give birth to live young, which can deliver poison straight away....

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Rex

Ozzie snakes don`t always inject venom .
Waste of venom ; they can`t eat us .
Lots of snakes will give a warning bite . Exception Brown Snakes . Every bite is venomous .

Don`t make snakes angry or corner them the chance of getting bitten is much lower .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

rexamus616

Veteran
Snake master EB!

Yeh i've heard that too.... but the point is they COULD inject venom if they wanted... Like if you accidentally trod on them!

But yeah, living on the land, i've had many 'snake experiences'.... haha... not scared of them, but treat them with respect.... We'd get in shit if we killed one when we were young....

Still ended up killing a poor carpet python couple of years back.... Ate my rabbit! I was quite upset... hahaha....

We're lucky that we only have Carpet, Red-belied black, Green tree, and a couple of the little ones like the crown snake around my local area....

In the hills behind me they have death adders.... Never saw one up close (besides at the aussie reptile park when i was a kid...) until a bout 5-6 years ago... by cousin (who is terrified of snakes) ended up chopping one in half... And he tok me down to the creek to show me the 'corpse' only to find, when poked with a stick, that the poor thing was still alive, a couple of days after!

It struck 5-6 times in like half a second! it was incredible!

The buggers dont move out of your way like most of the others... they don't need to i spose, since they can kill most things with a bite!

Do you keep snakes, or work with them EB?

Thanks for sharin, you're always full of info!

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Rex

Learnt the not injecting venom every bite from a snake expert years ago.

Yes death Adders are faster than Bruce Lee . Rare around here . Further west is their territory .

I saw a good sized rough scale snake sun baking the other day when checking some guerrilla grow . Fcker was zig zagged through some tall bladey grass catching the morning sun . I skirted around him and he was still there when I came back .
The old red belly doesn`t worry me . Browns are a menace though ,stepping on one on a cool day would prolly be a worst case scenario .
Some times you have to be stealthy , so you can`t stamp about and let the snakes you are coming .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

T

Teddybrae

5 feet? thats alright size! must have some fat frogs to eat around....

Had one give birth near the house couple of years back.... was finding tiny ones around the house for months!

Quite a scare when u find one in an unexpected place! Apparently they give birth to live young, which can deliver poison straight away....

S/he's been around the house for a while now. At least all summer. S/he's very strong and goes like hell whenever we come across each other!

EB is right about snakes, I reckon. maybe I 'd add Taipans to the dangerous category. being a bit inland we get both the eastern and western taipan here as well as the eastern brown snake.

But the red bellied black above is not considered very poisonous. there have never been any recorded deaths. you really have to stir them to get them to put on a fight pose, even. they look like Cobras then!

Good that yr interested!

cheers ...

insomniac_AU

We've got lots of red bellies and browns down my way. We often see them out on the trails when we're riding dirtbikes. They don't worry me at all. I find the last thing a snake wants is contact with humans. It's always our fault we get bitten. Essential part of the ecosystem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.