What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

dirty-joe

I hear ya I'm in Michigan and I give 90% of mine away. I can get a lot of lbs off of 12 plants. More of a hobby than anything else. $100 oz dispencery dope now. The novelty has worn off. It's really not worth much plus all the shit genetics out there. None of the dope is anything like the late 80s-early 90s era stuff. The sign of the times.
I could not agree more with this, and the rest of your posts on this page. I'm really tired of "people" saying how the dope today is 10 or even 20 times better than it used to be. BS, do not tell that to people who have been there.

We used to grow these smallish plants in the 80's, and 90's, they were probably autos, I do not know for sure as I never tried them indoors back then. Anyway you could plant the seed first of June, and harvest end of August (at least the most of them) I only knew it as "Early weed". It was Awesome, two tokes for me was enough, AND I never got immune to it. Sadly I took a year off (not my choice) after keeping the strain alive for probably 20 seasons, the seeds got old (outdoor storage as well) and the strain is GONE.

Since then I have been growing different types, White Widows, Northern lights, and this year Green Crack, "chasing" after something as good as I used to grow with the early weed, and so far NOTHING is coming close.

I had high hope for the green crack this year, it has good reviews all over the internet, frankly I find it very average at BEST, and am quite disappointed with it. It will no doubt make a reasonable hash, which is what will happen to most of it. I do have one different plant a sour tang, that is even more sativa, and hoping that it may be a better weed, but I won't hold my breath on that either.

I think the problem (one of anyway) is everyone has bred everything to everything, that have a thousand different names for the same generic shat.

Last edited:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
My 6 little zamal x jamaica in 20L pots, getting close to the finish line. I'm giving them between 15-20 days.
IMG_20221015_205258.jpg

IMG_20221015_205347.jpg

IMG_20221015_205331.jpg

IMG_20221015_205310.jpg

linde

I could not agree more with this, and the rest of your posts on this page. I'm really tired of "people" saying how the dope today is 10 or even 20 times better than it used to be. BS, do not tell that to people who have been there.

We used to grow these smallish plants in the 80's, and 90's, they were probably autos, I do not know for sure as I never tried them indoors back then. Anyway you could plant the seed first of June, and harvest end of August (at least the most of them) I only knew it as "Early weed". It was Awesome, two tokes for me was enough, AND I never got immune to it. Sadly I took a year off (not my choice) after keeping the strain alive for probably 20 seasons, the seeds got old (outdoor storage as well) and the strain is GONE.

Since then I have been growing different types, White Widows, Northern lights, and this year Green Crack, "chasing" after something as good as I used to grow with the early weed, and so far NOTHING is coming close.

I had high hope for the green crack this year, it has good reviews all over the internet, frankly I find it very average at BEST, and am quite disappointed with it. It will no doubt make a reasonable hash, which is what will happen to most of it. I do have one different plant a sour tang, that is even more sativa, and hoping that it may be a better weed, but I won't hold my breath on that either.

I think the problem (one of anyway) is everyone has bred everything to everything, that have a thousand different names for the same generic shat.
Yup and if you notice very few of these "new" strains flower worth a shit outdoors....they are all really late and lack outdoor vigour. Back in the day everything we grew was done outdoors by Sept 15th or earlier. Just in time before the small game hunters would find it. I've got some real good genetics for "today's" standard but nothing I have compares to anything I grew 25+ yrs ago. Not even close...

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Those greenhouse grown buds must be pretty happy, no frost, no rain, just sunlight. I see they have done a good job filling the space! How is the ventilation in there? I guess no mold issues since no dew. Get to extend the season, thats fun! :smoke:

Any updated shots? May have posted some, need to catch up on the thread.

The harvested buds at our garden are not quite ready yet. They should be mid week or by next weekend. I dont; want them to dry down too much, but they must be dry enough to store.

I like seed, if you dry down too much, the seed rehydrates the bud over time!

Going to be making bubble hash out of the 2021 harvest tomorrow. Have like 10 jars or so. Should be a good run or 2! :smoke:

linde

AK4WAY - Beautiful rock hard medium sized buds of "indoor quality", for outdoor. Huge yield potential!
View attachment 18769722
Looks tasty! I used to grow an old AK-47 outdoors with great success but unfortunately lost her years back. Tried a few recent "AK-47" iterations but none came close to the originals pungent peppery spicy flavor and face melt narcotic stone. Man I miss my old AK.

Radicle Rye

Looks tasty! I used to grow an old AK-47 outdoors with great success but unfortunately lost her years back. Tried a few recent "AK-47" iterations but none came close to the originals pungent peppery spicy flavor and face melt narcotic stone. Man I miss my old AK.
I would love to run AK47, some of the first true dank I got my hands on! This strain is from AKBB. It is actually a poly hybrid.
On the mom side, we have an original Mandelbrot bred F8 Royal Kush x Truth OG. On the dad side, we have a black afghani crossed to Strayfox's Iraqi indica.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spiders are all over this time of year! Got to walk the plants bottom first, it helps protect them. Although if its 10 ft tall, you're going to need a friend to carry the tops. :smoke:

Got a couple good runs of bubble hash with last year's crop. It was a full 5 gal bubble bag! The crop wasn't very good from fert burn and drying out roots. Some of it was better than other parts of it.

Buds still not completely dry, and 3 days this week will be under 50 F so it will be later in the week when it warms up when we are ready to jar. Can't wait!

How tight do you pack the jars? I have been packing them way too tight, and didn't know if there is a good rule of thumb to use when packing the jars to get a lot in the jar while still preserving the flower quality. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice nugget there, cfl King! What is el Chapo, a mexican breed? Whats it like?

Got some great nuggets from the tall loud resin plant. Its pretty, will have to get a pic. They are still loud. One toke medicine. Going to last a while!

Got a layer of snow this morning with a low of 32. Next couple nights will be around 30. Highs shoot up to near 75 by saturday, so by the end of the weekend, we should be ready to jar. God is flipping the switches, working us into the winter season. Out to work. Snow is melting off. :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts