What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Nice nugget there, cfl King! What is el Chapo, a mexican breed? Whats it like?

Got some great nuggets from the tall loud resin plant. Its pretty, will have to get a pic. They are still loud. One toke medicine. Going to last a while!

Got a layer of snow this morning with a low of 32. Next couple nights will be around 30. Highs shoot up to near 75 by saturday, so by the end of the weekend, we should be ready to jar. God is flipping the switches, working us into the winter season. Out to work. Snow is melting off. :smoke:
It's 75% ECSD 25% biker kush

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Put a piece of finger hash on that loud resin nugget, and you'll be well medicated for a few minutes. Looking forward to the weekend being warm. Buds should be at the sweet spot, nugs just breaking off the stem. Last year they were left out too long to dry and it hurt the quality I think. :smoke:

Packing the jars probably depends on bud density. Will just settle them in there dense enough to squeeze out the air.

MHBGuy

Last lady of the season trimmed at sunset for chop before sunrise.

Attachments

• 6F25ED44-3587-451B-A833-5D2BB2450822.jpeg
    6F25ED44-3587-451B-A833-5D2BB2450822.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91

Lunchmoney

Remember dudes eating “the roach” in the old days. Pretty sure a couple of them might have eaten the bug version too!
Hahaha Hell yeah there was always that dude! We used to swipe our parents roach stash it was a step up from the “resin hits” we were scraping from our flea market threaded made in china god knows what metal bowl 🤪😂🥹🤣🤣 I was eat the roach guy once. Once.

St. Phatty

Hahaha Hell yeah there was always that dude! We used to swipe our parents roach stash it was a step up from the “resin hits” we were scraping from our flea market threaded made in china god knows what metal bowl 🤪😂🥹🤣🤣 I was eat the roach guy once. Once.

ONCE I was at a concert in Vancouver, and didn't have any pot yet,
so I walked around collecting roaches.

Emptied the pot out and got a Medium buzz.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks friend. I did quite a few autos for bumper crops using jacks professional and sunshine mix #4 and that method cant touch a candle to this. Better yield, smell and less maintenance. Any newbie wanting organic id say go this route to start and work on building your own supersoil. Watch for yellowing on lower fans. As soon as you see it you better feed and use ewc topped over the epsoma to keep it moist and composting. I hope everyone has dodged the frost bullets this year.

Have you had any nitrogen burn issues with Plant tone?

I had issues with plant tone, because of the composted chicken manure I think. I wasn't keeping up on watering sometimes, but it seemed to be easy to get nitrogen burn in my experience.

Wow such chunky flowers so many buds!! This garden is gnarly! Looks like a party in the woods! The 4th photo in this roll could be a postcard. Very interesting genetics you are working with. Very Deep

Thanks, Lunchmoney! My goal was to get a good canopy going, so it yields like one big plant! With partial shade, you need a high density population. Some of them are a little close together, but they grew fine, just got a little thirsty. Had about 100 or so to begin with and I think ended up with about 50 females. Worked out great! You get a good assortment of flavors and you can not feel too bad about taking out runt plants, so these are the strong grower genetics.

Looking forward to next year. I have a couple seedling that came up in my yard. One is on the 4th set of leaves and is over 4 inches tall! Its been mowed a couple times and has had freezing temperatures and its thriving! Thinking about bringing it in for the winter. :smoke:

Lunchmoney

Yup and if you notice very few of these "new" strains flower worth a shit outdoors....they are all really late and lack outdoor vigour. Back in the day everything we grew was done outdoors by Sept 15th or earlier. Just in time before the small game hunters would find it. I've got some real good genetics for "today's" standard but nothing I have compares to anything I grew 25+ yrs ago. Not even close...
We stumbled upon someone’s grow site walking home one day during first week of school late 90’s. First week September. Was loaded with flower. One plant light green and taller than I. One plant dark green 4 ft. One tall gangly male. All in ground. We absolutely stripped the site like the punks we were. Nowhere near ready but giant buds were there. Early. My site this year needed/wanted more time in my opinion and half of grow were started March 1. Anyhow had to confess hope the green gods forgive me.

Lunchmoney

I had issues with plant tone, because of the composted chicken manure I think. I wasn't keeping up on watering sometimes, but it seemed to be easy to get nitrogen burn in my experience.

Thanks, Lunchmoney! My goal was to get a good canopy going, so it yields like one big plant! With partial shade, you need a high density population. Some of them are a little close together, but they grew fine, just got a little thirsty. Had about 100 or so to begin with and I think ended up with about 50 females. Worked out great! You get a good assortment of flavors and you can not feel too bad about taking out runt plants, so these are the strong grower genetics.

Looking forward to next year. I have a couple seedling that came up in my yard. One is on the 4th set of leaves and is over 4 inches tall! Its been mowed a couple times and has had freezing temperatures and its thriving! Thinking about bringing it in for the winter. :smoke:
That’s one hearty lil dude

Talk about hearty! That’s awesome yeah maybe give that lil dude some love ! I’m looking forward to next season myself. Cold came quick this year up north. Good dry harvest. Fortunate

Last edited:

Lunchmoney

I’ve grown only ladies so far. Breeding must bring such a love

MtnSkunk

No, I did have some burnt tips about 2 weeks from harvest, not sure what that was about. May have been the EWC or molasses feeding? I also kept my soil fairly moist. I was watering less volume but more frequently. I started in happy frog and amended with epsoma first after about two weeks and then every 3 weeks. Next year I may try tomato tone and flower tone on a couple pots.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had the same tip burn nitrogen issue with Tomato Tone. Stay away from espoma tone products, they have changed their formulation. Used that stuff for a couple decades until a couple years ago it started causing burn. It seemed to be a more powdery formulation and its much hotter now.

Checked the seedling in the yard, its smiling at the 28 degree low morning! Guess its one of the strong growers!

Need to get the seed planted first of April next year, let it determine when to come up. The ones in the yard always come up really early, they like the cooler moist weather. Helps them get established before the heat comes in.

Need to grow your own seed, Lunchmoney. They get acclimated to the early harvests and start to ripen earlier. That way your crop always finishes fine before the weather shuts things down. Its great seeing the combinations of phenotypes that come out. And every once in a while, the special ones show up, and its makes you smile! :smoke:

Good morning!

linde

Had the same tip burn nitrogen issue with Tomato Tone. Stay away from espoma tone products, they have changed their formulation. Used that stuff for a couple decades until a couple years ago it started causing burn. It seemed to be a more powdery formulation and its much hotter now.

Checked the seedling in the yard, its smiling at the 28 degree low morning! Guess its one of the strong growers!

Need to get the seed planted first of April next year, let it determine when to come up. The ones in the yard always come up really early, they like the cooler moist weather. Helps them get established before the heat comes in.

Need to grow your own seed, Lunchmoney. They get acclimated to the early harvests and start to ripen earlier. That way your crop always finishes fine before the weather shuts things down. Its great seeing the combinations of phenotypes that come out. And every once in a while, the special ones show up, and its makes you smile! :smoke:

Good morning!
I never grow seeds outdoors. Only clones. I want to know exactly what I'm growing. Indoor pheno hunts are my only uses for seeds. I guess I've gotten set in my ways after 35 yrs of growing cannabis. Each to their own.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its kind of a project, there's a little wasted space with these fruity plants, I don't like as much, but its worth it in the end. Eventually it will be an inbred line (IBL) and will be true breeding for the desired traits. Kind of like a clone in seed form. Also there is the potential for higher potency plants like what we found in 2017 and have now seen show up more after some selection. Wish i could grow indoors, but thats pretty limited anyway. :smoke:

linde

Its kind of a project, there's a little wasted space with these fruity plants, I don't like as much, but its worth it in the end. Eventually it will be an inbred line (IBL) and will be true breeding for the desired traits. Kind of like a clone in seed form. Also there is the potential for higher potency plants like what we found in 2017 and have now seen show up more after some selection. Wish i could grow indoors, but thats pretty limited anyway. :smoke:
If I were growing an old ibl outdoor with little variation that would be the only exception. I just find it easier to pheno hunt and keep mother's. Like I said each to their own. No wrong way to do it.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, no wasted space. It is a plus when breeding to have the natural environmental stresses to help with selection. If they're grown indoors, you don't really know for sure how well it performs outside. :smoke:

linde

Unfortunately today most old school ibls are old and tired. I've worked with a few and ended up scrapped the projects. Pine tar kush,. 79 Xmas bud,. Burmese,. Timewarp. I am having a hard time finding quality genetics these days. 95% are washed out.

Latest posts

Latest posts