What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

St. Phatty

I never grow seeds outdoors. Only clones. I want to know exactly what I'm growing. Indoor pheno hunts are my only uses for seeds. I guess I've gotten set in my ways after 35 yrs of growing cannabis. Each to their own.

I've met experienced growers who did 100 seeds for a test grow out, e.g. Vic High at BCGA in the late 90's early 00's.

& grower-breeders in Mendo who only did 4. or at least that's what they publicly admitted to.

Once I needed some Quality Sativa and only had Mexican Mersh to work with. Grew out about 100, a lot of them in a sealed box in a Public Storage space.

Got one PURRRFECT super resiny skunky Sativa.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unfortunately today most old school ibls are old and tired. I've worked with a few and ended up scrapped the projects. Pine tar kush,. 79 Xmas bud,. Burmese,. Timewarp. I am having a hard time finding quality genetics these days. 95% are washed out.

Trying to preserve the line I have, thats what Hill Temple Collective was all about, but I think OG Bub is out of business for now. He does have the lines and is working them, so you may get a pleasant surprise some day that they are available. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bub is still working the projects from when we last spoke. He was on the forums in june it says. He is laying low because he got in trouble in the past. But thats where the good genetics were. I hope to see some lines released if legalization happens.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mowed over the seedling yesterday, kind of forgot about it. I was going to go around it. Its still out there, just has most of the leaves chopped off. The top emerging leaves are still there, so its going to come back. Going to be warm for a few days. Maybe I should give it some water. :smoke:

Going out to jar the crop later today if they're dry. Weather worked out just perfect, good drying for a few days, cool weather, some snow. They will probably be just right today. Clicked back to warm, so we need to get out there soon before things get too dry. Have a good weekend! :smoke:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
anyone who saw this season's grow can also sample it here, I will be having an ICmag smokeout and tasting at this upcoming Harvest Fest in NY.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 11.26.13 AM.png

Come, and taste my herb.

thread here for more info.

good weather here forecast for another 5 days, I still have 10 strains up.

Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake bud 10.19.22.JPG

wedding cake macro 10.19.22.JPG

Chaco's Biker Cookies

Chaco's Biker Cookies 10.17.22.JPG

Biker cookies macrooo.JPG

Piff

uws piff 10.15.22.JPG

GSC

Forum GSC 10.17.22.JPG

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear your weather is working out this year! The GSC Girl Scout Cookies has a lot of resin along those leaf margins. Looks like an indica dominant plant. Thanks for sharing those great shots!

Jarred 2 quart jars and ran out of daylight. They dried down a little too much again. I get busy during the week, but I need to make it a point to jar them up before they get too dry. Humidity will be up overnight and in the morning, so that will help hydrate them a little. They're a little brittle and tend to shatter, so I have to be careful not to overpack. The seed will help to rehydrate over time too.

Combines are harvesting corn and soybeans everywhere right now. Its a good season to dry down, so mold won't have a chance. :smoke:

MtnSkunk

This year has been a blessing in south Colorado. Near perfect growing and drying season. Glad I was able to get some sativa dom harvests in. Harvested my last plant on like the 19th Oct. Had one start flowering in last days of July. The other two were within the next week. Drying time is about 10-11 days so far whole plant hung, no wet trim. Vaporizing this freshly dried herb is intense flavor ,cant wait for the cure.

Attachments

• 20221016_134951.jpg
    20221016_134951.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • 20221016_134934.jpg
    20221016_134934.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • 20221016_134919.jpg
    20221016_134919.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning! Wow that sativa is fattened up! It did finish! Thanks for sharing! :smoke:

Going to finish jarring today, and in the process will probably get another nice marble of finger hash! Careful with that hash, a little goes a long way! Still need to try the bubble hash I made from last year's leftover harvest. Should be dry now, will let you know how it smokes. Smoke test day! Have a good beautiful autumn day! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Galatians 2:20 NKJV

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

God shall bless you for the good you have done. Give Him thanks and praise!

full

Fruity Sativa dominant

full

full

full

full

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have a Happy Harvest St. Phatty! Still have a couple seedlings out too, in the lawn! The one I mowed is coming back, its showing growth at the emerging leaves. The leaves are still there, just cut back. Its on its 4th or 5th set of leaves now. :smoke:

Out for a picnic and jarring herb all afternoon. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Moisture is fine, after the high humidity overnight, they seemed just right! Getting a good yield this year! Still a few more jars to pack tomorrow. Minimal mold. All good grade A resin, and many of them have the same awesome sharp indica fruity smell that makes it good. The good ones have a balance some fruity flavor with some medical indica flavor. The bad ones have the fruity flavor turned up to much, and they arent as desirable. Happy Harvest!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are fat for the amount of sativa, looks like they're getting close! Those must have good mold tolerance. Lots of foxtails and loose structure. Would be good for a tropical humid place like Jamaica.

Finally going to get our rain tuesday with over an inch of rain in the forecast! Worked out perfect, will be finishing jarring today! Frost got me to cut the crop on time before the rains came in! Now its time to relax, enjoy, and give thanks for the grace God has given to us! He's calling us to obedience of all He has commanded. He's calling us to a good meditation. :smoke:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Those are fat for the amount of sativa, looks like they're getting close! Those must have good mold tolerance. Lots of foxtails and loose structure. Would be good for a tropical humid place like Jamaica.

Finally going to get our rain tuesday with over an inch of rain in the forecast! Worked out perfect, will be finishing jarring today! Frost got me to cut the crop on time before the rains came in! Now its time to relax, enjoy, and give thanks for the grace God has given to us! He's calling us to obedience of all He has commanded. He's calling us to a good meditation. :smoke:
They are quite fat because the Jamaican part of the cross is the Jamaica Blue Mountain strain worked by Cannabiogen. It's not wild like the Zamal part. They do have good resistance to mold as it is extremely humid here, and no botrytis to be found thankfully.

Congrats on your harvest, I will be giving thanks to Nature though if that's ok with you 😂

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
God is all in all. Be free. :smoke:

There is some Jamaican in my line! One of the original females crossed to Deep Chunk was an OG Kush x (Jamaican spear x afghan) x Deep Chunk). Thats where some of the loose structure flowers come from probably, or the bubblegum. Jamaican spear has long main colas. Looks like thats how your Jamaican grew. Thanks for sharing! :smoke:

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got all the flowers jarred up. Turned out to be the best garden ever. The flowers are all really potent and dense, so it should last for a while. Very little mold except some of the big flowers, they dried out too slow and molded a little in the center. Should have tried to cut a day earlier to give more time in good drying conditions. It got cold and they slowed down drying. Everything else looked great!

Ripening and harvest in dry weather was a really special experience. It can be really difficult sometimes timing with rains. Now we just enjoy. Had a good walk with the dogs after the work was done. :smoke:

iTarzan

Veteran
This thread continues to rock hard. The grows have been great. Quite a few people have chimed in on this thread. Grows of all sizes and strains from all over the world. These outdoor grow threads are always my favorites. Everybody is growing different strains in different locations.

I have been busy with harvesting, drying and trimming. I have been pretty organized and also had a nicely staggered harvest. I have been at it steady though. Trimming 2-3 hours in the morning and 6-8 hours at night. I haven't had time to post lately. I have other things I needed to do like put in a new basement window and other stuff.
Anyways... I chopped 2 GG4, 1 Original Diesel, 2 Chem D, and 1 White Truffle. I still have 2 GMO and 3 Golden Tiger growing. I am harvesting the GMO no latter than Friday. Just like Chunky's weather we have a 5 day stretch of 65-70 day and 50 at night temps. Then I will be down to the 3 Golden Tigers. They are in a grow bag with the bottom cut off sitting on top of an in ground hole with my flowering soil mix. We had some frost right at 32 degrees a few nights but the greenhouse kept the plants safe. It would be 58 to 65 during the day. I put an electric oil filled radiant heater in the greenhouse and it keeps it warm. I am putting a thermometer with high low memory in there tomorrow. I bet it is 60 at night and 75 during the day.

Here are things still standing. The GMO are the last 6 pics and the Golden Tigers are the first 4 pics.
DSCN3524.jpeg
DSCN3525.jpeg
DSCN3526.jpeg
DSCN3527.jpeg

DSCN3540.jpeg
DSCN3541.jpeg
DSCN3542.jpeg
DSCN3543.jpeg
DSCN3544.jpeg
DSCN3545.jpeg