What's new

Ace Zamaldelica

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Zach and Padrone I dry the buds to the stage that they are just smokeable, I am sure you have noticed as you hang your plants to dry. The stage that the smaller buds are dry but the bigger buds are still a bit moist in the centre. Also the dry stalks dont yet snap cleanly when bent.
This is when you make a cob, or in my case vacuum seal the best buds. I figured that the act of binding the heads tightly in a banana leaf or corn cob husk just compresses the buds and then burying them reduces the oxygen available so mould doesn't grow but the buds age and start the decomp process.
Rather than burying the cob I vacuum seal it, it has the same result. So I tried vacuum sealing the buds, they got compressed and cured the same as if they were in a cob.
I am not a scientist so I dont know if it degrades the resin, all I know is from experience that I prefer the taste and the high seems better if not stronger.
Being compressed its hard to know if thats just because its concentrated or not.
I dont claim anything other than this is how to get the same result as if you bought a good quality Malawi cob in Africa.
If you Google "Malawi cob" you will see some fine examples of the worst crap you can buy.
The good stuff doesn't look dry and powdery or full of seeds.
Every farmer is growing Chumba most dont have a clue how to cure it. They just sun dry it and then bind it up. The real old experienced growers grow superb buds and produce cobs that are beautiful to look at compressed sticky sticks that when unwrapped stay compressed like a stick of ganja, golden orange colour and when mulled up smell like they did when made just matured.
So any way thats what I try to reproduce in the vac sealing process, I will try and post a few shots of different strains I have cured this way later today. I hope they show what I mean but sometimes the pics dont do them justice.
I have some Zamal jar curing so in a few weeks I will open the vac bag and post pics of the two and you will see the difference
The pics are from my Malawi diary but you can see 2 buds one jar cured normaly the green one and one swet cured for the same amount of time. plus a cob done also for the same amount of time.
I hope that helps its like anything practice makes perfect and you need to fine tune your technique to your own taste.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
From the left Golden Tiger, C99, Mulangi X Thai tanic, Silver haze indica pheno, Thai tanic

Tangwena

Veteran

Final zamaldelica and what the buds would have looked like prior to curing. As I said the camera doesn't tell the true story they are still dense, moist and very smelly.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Bingo

Today I chewed what I consider a full dose of GT and a half dose of Zamaldelica and 1.5 hrs in its starting to hit the nail on the head. I have to say "this is more like it!"
Anyway in my travels here and there I found myself gazing at these Malawi buds so I took a pic or two. I also had to put some Gt in as well cause it look inviting.
Well I have to off somewhere
Much respect Tangwena

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Hey Tang,
these cured buds looking so delicious... damn that you are so far away ;-)
... in 3 month mine are ready and i can't wait to check it out...
well done & i really can't wait to try the cob cured vacuum method ;-)

@ Dubi this Zamaldelica thread must be a Sticky!

B

blue_tick

tang looks very nice. you just made me have to try this one out next time I do a run. I already had to get the Malawi breeder pack(and others) due to your Malawi post by the way was off the charts. I was just a looker then but I have since joined the forums.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Mac I think yours will be much better being grown organic the taste should be really good just dont do what I did with my Malawi and take it too early. The only experience I have is in buying and smoking the real deal. I am learning fast from all the experienced growers on IC its like being at school for me all the info is here to be found. I have so many strains to grow but I cant go past the Ace gear as all the hard work selecting has been done.
I have some seeds from Limbe in Malawi but no time or space to grow them from past experience they will need to be grown out then selected and bred I just haven't got the space or time, so Ace it is I haven't been anything but amazed by everything I have grown and seen Dubi and co have done a lot of work in the 10 years they have been going.

Hi flboy you are so lucky to have breeders packs that would be a dream come true for me as would the place to grow them. There will be some really special plants in there for sure
you are a very lucky guy. Please post pics of the plants when you grow them I cant wait to see them outside. I am very envious of anyone who can grow outdoors and grow them to full maturity.
Regards Tangwena

B

blue_tick

tang I have the new killer (2) going with my purple haze x Malawi so I will take some pic's next time out. I am going to tie these over as well. they are a little behind the haze as they were started later so we will see what happens in the next months. I am taken your advice to tie them over

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
WOO..FING..HOOO!!!

WOO..FING..HOOO!!!

:woohoo::woohoo:
I Have a Zamaldelica male! It is getting crossed with both of my hybrids. I will have to wait until next year to grow out. The timing is perfect. I have a stellar Crazy horse and a Boogie Chillin mother this round. I also ended up with a Panama male. I moved him outside with a Crazy horse female. Neither of those plants is true breeding material they may get culled. But none the less I will be able to do a cross with these 3 stellar plants. The genotypes and phenotypes that result should be incredible. I may sound over excited about this but out of 42 plants everything was showing up female. I could have reversed one female but I don't believe that is the right way to do breeding. I prefer to use regular seeds. I do run out some feminized stuff as well. Those colas and buds are Christmas presents for friends. The Zamaldelica male has closer internodes, very strong branches and the tightest flower clusters I have seen in a long time. Fabulous genetics Ace ! Thank you very much. The aroma is stronger when you rub a branch rather than smelling the tops. That's OK. My CH and BC both have an aroma that brings out a guttoral groan of anticipation from all who have gotten to sample those ladies.:thank you::party:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
High Farmerlion,
you living in the BadLands in USA?
I was there two times for a documentation about the Lakota people who live there....
meet really nice people over there... there was one farmer who feed his Cow's and Buffalo's with hemp plants... is it still so that the young white farmers shoot the natives if they are drunken and walk in the night on streets? And that the white farmers steal the land from the natives everyday because they can't do anything?
Badlands have a nice climate to do growing... do you have some Pic's?
thx

Tangwena

Veteran
High report on uncured, 7 day dried, decarbed at 110c +/-10c for 12 mins then extracted into coco butter.
First indication it was working was 15 mins after dissolving butter in my mouth, my eyes suddenly expanded and felt like I was on speed my ears started ringing and things became super clear like I can see through things and people, very different from my last grow of the same plant. Much better and more refined trip truly a top draw high, one hour in and expanding FAST.
Tangwena

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Thank you Tang for the great grow & high report!
really appreciated ...
can't wait to check Zamaldelica out!

Tangwena

Veteran
Fear not @ya the statement was tongue in cheek I have nothing but respect for people of all races.
Tangwena

maxibiogreen

Veteran
Fear not @ya the statement was tongue in cheek I have nothing but respect for people of all races.
Tangwena

Like everyone should.
Shame it is just not like that.

PS: there is no "all races" since we all belong/are from the same one.
You might want to say ethnic group instead.

Latest posts

Latest posts