What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

90s (Super) Skunk

RobFromTX

Well I’m just saying bro 🤣. I remember last year you kept taking up for him in his thread when he was being exposed for all the BS he talks. I mean no disrespect but that’s fanboy behavior 😆
I wasnt taking up for him. I was trying to keep the beat going because that thread was hilarious

Some of you guys take this shit way too serious. Were growing weed here, not running for congress

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Did he say he created fruity pebbles OG in that same line ?

I was deff around when alien tech first dropped and had the place going bananas .. people were saying the beans were over priced etc I also remember when he retired and they did the auction for the star fighter packs .. paying 2k for a pack of seeds was insane at that time

A lot of this info was on seed depot but I believe he scammed a ton of breeders or didn’t pay but for the short time the place was crazy u couldn’t get all those breeder seeds from nowhere else

I believe the fruity pebbles og f1 was given someone to make f2s and hand out freely but after the site went down all that info was lost I guess people did there own thing with the genetics

eastcoastjoe

Did he say he created fruity pebbles OG in that same line ?

Oh it gets better. Read that again lol. He said his last serious roadkill skunk project didn’t yield any skunk but it did yield fruit pebbles of 🤣.
So his skunk project was so fruity it was a bust. But, they still got sold on attitude as roadkill 🤦🏻‍♂️. I wish I was making this up but it happened.

eastcoastjoe

I wasnt taking up for him. I was trying to keep the beat going because that thread was hilarious

Some of you guys take this shit way too serious. Were growing weed here, not running for congress

Ok well maybe I am misunderstanding your position. At the time it seemed like you were making excuses for him.

RobFromTX

Im a sativa head myself but i wouldnt mind doing a skunk grow if it didnt turn out to be a disappointment like Sensi did. They're sketchy. All dutch banks seem kind of sketchy

Vallen

Whatever you need to tell yourself to get you through the day bud. "Roadkill" is just a description. 👍

I have the Super Skunk, the "roadkill" skunk, the '79 FL Skunk s1, The Purple Caper Alpha Skunk, an 80's Afghan Skunk, and East Coast Sour Diesel.

I'm not selling seeds or clones and not scamming anybody. I grow plants to smoke them. ✌️
I wish you would please share. If you decide to, please let me know.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Im a sativa head myself but i wouldnt mind doing a skunk grow if it didnt turn out to be a disappointment like Sensi did. They're sketchy. All dutch banks seem kind of sketchy
The old ones are not enough transparent about their real genetics that's true but there is some trustworthy seeds producers like Karma who is Dutch.

BerryManilow

"Roadkill" Skunk mid flower.
Rkmfl.jpg

Rkmflr1.jpg

Stacking more than expected. Buds popping up everywhere. This plant is an abomination. Absolutely disgusting, dead body, 8 day old, rotting, rank skunk smell. Can smell it far away outside already, even through 2 filters. There's no hiding this smell.

Running 1600ppm of CO2 @76-78° has these plants absolutely reeking. Getting closer...

kro-magnon

Veteran
I don't know if I could grow a plant with this description indoor, this kind of monster has to be done outdoor, but far from any neighboor to avoid them calling the cops for a dead body around their house:eek:

BerryManilow

I wish you would please share. If you decide to, please let me know.
Haven't finished flowering these yet. Anybody can say they have skunky plants, but the finished buds & smoke is the real proof.

I'll be sharing these buds with lots of people around here for smoke reports. We have a huge cannabis community across the state, and will be sure to pop into some of the bigger events, so we have some reliable people and names confirming what I've been saying this whole time.

Until then, we're all waiting on plants to grow.

BerryManilow

I don't know if I could grow a plant with this description indoor, this kind of monster has to be done outdoor, but far from any neighboor to avoid them calling the cops for a dead body around their house:eek:
It's so bad that it might have to get moved outside. I don't grow outdoors, we have a very short growing season, but this would finish in time since it's already this far along.

The smell is too much. This is one of those plants that isn't appealing in any way to me. I opened Pandora's box with this one.

I live in the country so there's plenty of dead animals around. It's legal to grow here now so I'm not worried about the law. Would be a funny video to post of the cops coming to check on it. 😅

The Super Skunk reeks like skunk spray, but it's appealing somehow. That's the skunk bud I remember from the 90s. My uncle always had that roadkill skunk in the 80s and I remember that gross smell vividly. He was right, this plant smells like "roadkill."

eastcoastjoe

I've been doing some digging for the "roadkill" skunk and I was able to come across some very rare finds. I was just asking everybody for seeds or clones of their skunk from around here (northeast) and as I was talking to somebody about it, I got a notification.

Turns out, my friends (who own a dispensary on one of the native reservations) just so happened to have clones and teens for sale at their dispensary. I've known their family for most of my adult life, they're awesome people and have deep roots in the culture. This came right from the family. I told them to hold the clones for me but they were already gone. Well the family member ended up bringing me another teen, so I grabbed 2 teens of the 90s (super) skunk.

I can't guarantee anything yet, but on the ride with the plants, all I could smell was a skunk. I've been around plants my whole life, and they might have a fresh smell and you could tell it was weed in veg, but they don't stink like this unless flowering. Got it back to a safe place and scraped the stem (didn't know that was a thing) and it smells foul. You can smell the plant but it smells like a skunk.

Not sure if they're the same pheno but I'd imagine they are (one of the plants is a little rough) so I'll keep both as moms and run clones of them side by side.

There were at least 2 or 3 different "roadkill" skunks around here in the 80s/90s. I believe this is the first of the 3. Will keep you all updated.

so we have some reliable people and names confirming what I've been saying this whole time.

Just in April you said you can’t make any promises and now , not even midway through, your saying people will see what you been saying all this time ?

kro-magnon

Veteran
About those skunk spray smelling plants don't you think the growers back then had different nutes who could have play a role in those smells development. The soil has a direct influence on the terpenes so maybe a specific nutes recipe will give specific terpenes in the buds.

Dr.stickerdick

About those skunk spray smelling plants don't you think the growers back then had different nutes who could have play a role in those smells development. The soil has a direct influence on the terpenes so maybe a specific nutes recipe will give specific terpenes in the buds.
no, I do not think so.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
@BerryManilow

That pic u posted are u sure it’s skunk ?
I grew a lot of kush and Chem strain and that looks like a kush or chem hybrid or bag seed .. the dark green leaves the purple elongated stems of the fan flowers / purple stems and the nugs are growing tight and close to the stem I’m almost sure that’s a hybrid from the chem family

eastcoastjoe

I’m not convinced.

BerryManilow

I've heard a lot of the stories about more sulphur being in the soil, having to grow it outdoors for the UV, possibly different organic growing methods etc., but don't know how much truth there is to that and how much is bro science.

The VSCs/CSCs/thiols are from the genetics first and foremost, so unless they're present on the plant already, there's no magic button to create them.

Sulfur is a secondary nutrient like Cal/Mag but I decided to boost the sulfur for these plants since the VSCs/CSCs/thiols are already present in veg.

Here's what I'm running this time for the skunks:

LED + Full Spectrum UV
Organic inputs in coco mix
Guano
Volcanic Ash
Sulfur
Sealed room running 1600ppm of CO2
Mountain Spring Water

The smell is most powerful during the day when the CO2 is @ 1600ppm and that definitely brings out the most smells.

Latest posts

Latest posts