What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

90s (Super) Skunk

kro-magnon

Veteran
To the best of my knowledge it's Afghan (T) x Skunk 1, which was Nevil's cross of Super Skunk before he gave the genetics to Sensi. Sensi's site says it's Skunk#1 x Afghanica, so they're the only ones who (should) really know for sure. There's always controversy around the lineage, so I don't claim to know with 100% accuracy.
I'm pretty sure I read some posts made by Neville himself where he explained how he made the SuperSkunk and it was Sk#1xAfghanT, on Sensi Seeds website their info have always been very vague about genetics, afghanica can mean AfghanT.Neville kept doing seeds for Sensi even after he sold the co to Dronkers but they would speak of their geneticists team, they are marketing bullshiter and always have been but before they had good seeds at least.

eastcoastjoe

I'm pretty sure I read some posts made by Neville himself where he explained how he made the SuperSkunk and it was Sk#1xAfghanT, on Sensi Seeds website their info have always been very vague about genetics, afghanica can mean AfghanT.Neville kept doing seeds for Sensi even after he sold the co to Dronkers but they would speak of their geneticists team, they are marketing bullshiter and always have been but before they had good seeds at least.

He did. On mr nice forum it’s posted. Someone also said it earlier in this thread but people want to make the story what they want it to be

BerryManilow

Afghan T was the female and sister to Afghan S. Original Super Skunk was Afghan T x Sk1.

Screenshot_20240803_160917_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240803_160626_Chrome.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
Thanks for clarification,proof if necessary our own memory can be tricky.There is a lot of intel from Neville about his crosses but it's not easy to get all the details clearly explained and the seed business lack too much transparency. I think there is an interview of a Sensi Seeds rep who said customers should be happy the seeds they bought grew and produced buds and not focused on the real genetic make up, I found that extremely insulting.

BerryManilow

Thanks for clarification,proof if necessary our own memory can be tricky.There is a lot of intel from Neville about his crosses but it's not easy to get all the details clearly explained and the seed business lack too much transparency. I think there is an interview of a Sensi Seeds rep who said customers should be happy the seeds they bought grew and produced buds and not focused on the real genetic make up, I found that extremely insulting.

No problem. It's cool to have an idea of the lineage and learning the background, but the stories can be complex and we have to go by their word for it. There's definitely a lack of transparency from seed companies.

Wow that's a really bad PR move to say something like that.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Their flowers look really good for this stage of flowering, the Super Skunk should be a good producer as well, those colas will get massive in the end. The flower distribution on the stems of the Skunk "roadkill" is very close to what a Sour Diesel would look like. It's so close it could be pictures of one of my Sowahh but with different fan leaves.

BerryManilow

Their flowers look really good for this stage of flowering, the Super Skunk should be a good producer as well, those colas will get massive in the end. The flower distribution on the stems of the Skunk "roadkill" is very close to what a Sour Diesel would look like. It's so close it could be pictures of one of my Sowahh but with different fan leaves.
Right on, they're getting there. This Super Skunk flowers very fast and should be a big yielder. Really like this one.

Haven't grown Sowahh so can't say for sure. This "roadkill" does have some similarities to the chem family, but this plant was topped and trained so I don't know it's original structure. The growth is much different than the East Coast Sour Diesel, different leaves, and different type of smell. Doesn't smell like the chems or diesels.

They could be related somewhere down the line. Would have to get it genome tested.

Funkwizard

I gotta tell ya man, the more I read this, the crazier it sounds. You must be the luckiest guy in the world. Just 4 moths ago you were looking for skunk, now you have a 40 yr old roadkill skunk clone and a 20+ yr old super skunk clone. And of all places to find it, it was in a dispensary shelf of someone you known your whole life. That’s an incredible story!!
I’m confused myself. He said This on another site “Don't know the lineage, or that part of the history unfortunately. Very interested in that so will eventually get it genome tested. I know it came from VA. It's supposed to be a very old clone line held tightly all this time, that is absolutely rank, dead skunk rotting in the sun, "roadkill" smelling plant.”

Funkwizard

I’m confused myself. He said This on another site “Don't know the lineage, or that part of the history unfortunately. Very interested in that so will eventually get it genome tested. I know it came from VA. It's supposed to be a very old clone line held tightly all this time, that is absolutely rank, dead skunk rotting in the sun, "roadkill" smelling plant.”
Also where is there a Native American reservation, with a Dispensary?

BerryManilow

Yeah info is posted there as well. The Super Skunk are the plants that came from the dispensary on the reservation, the "roadkill" skunk came from a different source. I have like 6 different skunks growing right now.

There's about 1000 dispensaries & shops on the reservations here. There's at least 50-100 listed in our area on maps, leafly, etc.

Funkwizard

Yeah info is posted there as well. The Super Skunk are the plants that came from the dispensary on the reservation, the "roadkill" skunk came from a different source. I have like 6 different skunks growing right now.

There's about 1000 dispensaries & shops on the reservations here. There's at least 50-100 listed in our area on maps, leafly, etc.
Had no idea, thanks. Do you know if the source you got the roadkill from lets it out often? I hope it’s the Schuyler skunk

BerryManilow

Had no idea, thanks. Do you know if the source you got the roadkill from lets it out often? I hope it’s the Schuyler skunk
No problem. It's really cool to see the culture explode here since legalization. It was always underground.

I don't think this clone has been let out much. It was held for a really long time by the same person. Don't know if it's Schuyler Skunk, that makes sense but I've never seen it in person so wouldn't be a good judge of that.

BerryManilow

Super Skunk late flower

Very fast flowering time. Exceptional structure and packed with buds. Smell is on point and absolutely reeks like a skunk from the 90s, similar to the skunk spray smell from Sour Diesel. Pungent but not to the point of being gross or nasty. Top notch plant all around.

SSlfdd1.jpg

SSlfdd.jpg

SSlfcola1.jpg

SSlfcola2.jpg

SSlffrost.jpg

SSlfside.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts