What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

right

True but the level of incompetence on the part of the Obama opointed secret service is suspicious at best
"Anybody can be (gotten to/touched)".

Trump's on the campaign trail, doing rallies, etc.

The probability of there being ample opportunities to reach out and 'touch' him is pretty good.

If someone with skill wants him dead, he'll be dead.

xtsho

Only half of those who are homeless in the cities you're referencing report a drug problem.

The economic circumstances in this country at the moment prohibit many from making ends meet, without any luxuries or expensive illegal habits, and many end up living in tents or in cars, whether abandoned or not, or in abandoned, condemned buildings.

In other cities, the number of folks who are homeless and using drugs openly or with drugs as a problematic part of their lives are much less than 50%.

This is and has been an economic problem, more so that a drug problem.

And if the cities that did decrim or legalize all drug use had done so more along the lines of some other locations that have much better successes with similar (but different) templates, they wouldn't have cultivated the problems they did. Almost as though they were either ignorant about the issues and policies they were contending with or crafting, or they wanted the plan to fail.

There are shelters that have empty beds because the people don't want to follow any rules. They can't drink, smoke, or do drugs so they stay on the streets.

I don't know about all cities but most have facilities and programs that provide people with shelter and the tools to start to get their lives in order. Here in Portland there are plenty of beds and services for the homeless. They won't use them because they would rather continue the way they are. There are plenty of services for those that are willing to do what's required for them to get off the streets.

Oregon just recriminalized hard drugs because the original intent of not incarcerating but providing treatment was a complete failure. Out of the thousands of people cited instead of being arrested I maybe two dozen people actually accepted the treatment and most of those failed and went back to the streets.

People need to realize that the drugs out there in America are nothing like the cocaine and crystal meth from years ago. The stuff out there is a synthetic blend of who knows what formulated to cause addiction after only a few time using. It's potent and it takes over lives in an instance. Flesh eating drugs like xylazine which have entered the picture are causing people to lose limbs yet those people still don't quit.

It's fucking crazy. What's really sad is that so many are so young. There are jobs but they won't work. They just want to steal and use drugs.

I've seen this stuff up close. It's not a homeless problem it's a drug problem. It will never be solved unless we can fix the drug problem.

moose eater

There are shelters that have empty beds because the people don't want to follow any rules. They can't drink, smoke, or do drugs so they stay on the streets.

I don't know about all cities but most have facilities and programs that provide people with shelter and the tools to start to get their lives in order. Here in Portland there are plenty of beds and services for the homeless. They won't use them because they would rather continue the way they are. There are plenty of services for those that are willing to do what's required for them to get off the streets.

Oregon just recriminalized hard drugs because the original intent of not incarcerating but providing treatment was a complete failure. Out of the thousands of people cited instead of being arrested I maybe two dozen people actually accepted the treatment and most of those failed and went back to the streets.

People need to realize that the drugs out there in America are nothing like the cocaine and crystal meth from years ago. The stuff out there is a synthetic blend of who knows what formulated to cause addiction after only a few time using. It's potent and it takes over lives in an instance. Flesh eating drugs like xylazine which have entered the picture are causing people to lose limbs yet those people still don't quit.

It's fucking crazy. What's really sad is that so many are so young. There are jobs but they won't work. They just want to steal and use drugs.

I've seen this stuff up close. It's not a homeless problem it's a drug problem. It will never be solved unless we can fix the drug problem.

There are many reasons why some of the homeless don't use shelters, and not all shelters have empty beds.

xtsho

True but the level of incompetence on the part of the Obama opointed secret service is suspicious at best

The Department of Homeland Security is in charge of the Secret Service. The current head of the DHS is a Biden Cabinet pick. The current Director of the Secret Service was appointed in July after Kimberly Cheatle resigned as Director following the first assassination attempt. None of the people responsible for the agency were appointed by Obama.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Fuck it. I'll bet best out of five same range same day same conditions.

I just saw somebody thinking that the left can't shoot.

I don't think politics or sexual preferences have anything to do with shooting abilities.

Dumb fucking angle.

I am game.

Latest posts

Latest posts