What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

audiohi

Veteran
You couldn't get close enough to take a shot these days. Not with the secret service doing there job

really-jd-please-tell-us-more-v0-4qfwdoui92pd1.jpeg

xtsho

A former trump voter that had buyers remorse.

"His political flip-flopping over the years also appears to be substantiated by extracts from an e-book, self-published in 2023, in which TIME Magazine reports that Routh confessed to have voted for Trump in 2016 before later coming to view it as “a terrible mistake”—one for which Iran should feel “free to assassinate Trump as well as me for that error in judgment.”

Cannavore

Veteran
How is newsom evicting homeless people? They're finally cleaning up the streets that have been taken over by a bunch of drug addicts that defecate on the sidewalks and assault people just trying to go about their business. Most of the people are homeless because they made bad choices and are now so far gone from the drugs that they'll never be able to hold a job and do what's required to support themselves.

You can't house them because if you gave them free housing they'll tear the walls open to take the electrical wiring to sell as scrap.

I don't have a solution but it sure as hell isn't letting them continue to defile our cities making it so regular people can't enjoy them. After years of observing the drug addicted homeless destroy, steal, and turn the streets into garbage dumps in my city I've lost most of the compassion I had for them. Many are deranged from their drug use. They go around assaulting people randomly. They can't be helped. Their brains are permanently destroyed. They need to be taken off the streets and institutionalized in a facility where they can't leave.

I care more about the people that work hard for what they have and are just trying to enjoy their lives.

Newsom is doing what should have happened years ago. Same thing happened where I live. It went on for too long but the hammers coming down.

I don't understand why people have more concern for some drug addicted criminals that would gut you in an instance to steal everything you have than the people that pay their way. It's not fascism and having law and order is not cop cities. We had some tweakers start to setup camp on my block and myself and a neighbor confronted them and let them know that they needed to pack up and go. We were not playing around and they were gone very quickly. If the cops can't do it then I will. I'm not letting a bunch of fentanyl zombies setup camp next to my house so they can collect piles of trash and stand all hunched over for hours while digging through a bag of garbage.
indistinguishable from pre-trump republican babble lol. what's the point of the democrats if you're just going to be a republican?

xtsho

indistinguishable from pre-trump republican babble lol. what's the point of the democrats if you're just going to be a republican?

You don't know what you're talking about.

Having livable cities has nothing to do with being a Democrat or Republican. It's about time people start taking back their streets from a bunch of criminal drug addicts. The shits gotten out of hand.

It doesn't matter what your political affiliation is. If you think cleaning this mess up makes someone a Republican you are completely wrong. Portland is one of the most liberal cities in the country and we're doing the same thing. People are sick of it. When you can't go out to dinner in the city without stepping in human feces or see some doped out freak with their pants down around their ankles with their dong hanging out taking a piss while you walk by it's time to do something.

Why should people have to walk through this crap? The bottom photo is at a nice park in a residential neighborhood in Portland. That's been cleaned up. Residents in the area were having their cars broken into, property stolen, people looking in their windows. People couldn't take their kids to the park. There were a couple instances where some doped up freak tried to drag young girls into the bushes.

You don't have a clue.

1726503577838.png

1726503631491.png

Hiddenjems

How is newsom evicting homeless people? They're finally cleaning up the streets that have been taken over by a bunch of drug addicts that defecate on the sidewalks and assault people just trying to go about their business. Most of the people are homeless because they made bad choices and are now so far gone from the drugs that they'll never be able to hold a job and do what's required to support themselves.

You can't house them because if you gave them free housing they'll tear the walls open to take the electrical wiring to sell as scrap.

I don't have a solution but it sure as hell isn't letting them continue to defile our cities making it so regular people can't enjoy them. After years of observing the drug addicted homeless destroy, steal, and turn the streets into garbage dumps in my city I've lost most of the compassion I had for them. Many are deranged from their drug use. They go around assaulting people randomly. They can't be helped. Their brains are permanently destroyed. They need to be taken off the streets and institutionalized in a facility where they can't leave.

I care more about the people that work hard for what they have and are just trying to enjoy their lives.

Newsom is doing what should have happened years ago. Same thing happened where I live. It went on for too long but the hammers coming down.

I don't understand why people have more concern for some drug addicted criminals that would gut you in an instance to steal everything you have than the people that pay their way. It's not fascism and having law and order is not cop cities. We had some tweakers start to setup camp on my block and myself and a neighbor confronted them and let them know that they needed to pack up and go. We were not playing around and they were gone very quickly. If the cops can't do it then I will. I'm not letting a bunch of fentanyl zombies setup camp next to my house so they can collect piles of trash and stand all hunched over for hours while digging through a bag of garbage.
Of course there are exceptions. But most people i know that are homeless are homeless because nobody they know with a house will let them stay there.

Their addiction, mental illness, and whatever else they have going on has burnt every bridge they had.

RobFromTX

You don't know what you're talking about.

Having livable cities has nothing to do with being a Democrat or Republican. It's about time people start taking back their streets from a bunch of criminal drug addicts. The shits gotten out of hand.

It doesn't matter what your political affiliation is. If you think cleaning this mess up makes someone a Republican you are completely wrong. Portland is one of the most liberal cities in the country and we're doing the same thing. People are sick of it. When you can't go out to dinner in the city without stepping in human feces or see some doped out freak with their pants down around their ankles with their dong hanging out taking a piss while you walk by it's time to do something.

Why should people have to walk through this crap? The bottom photo is at a nice park in a residential neighborhood in Portland. That's been cleaned up. Residents in the area were having their cars broken into, property stolen, people looking in their windows. People couldn't take their kids to the park. There were a couple instances where some doped up freak tried to drag young girls into the bushes.

You don't have a clue.

View attachment 19067499
View attachment 19067500
Still doesnt look as bad as bellingham....yet

Hiddenjems

There are numerous locations/cities/countries that have successfully implemented decriminalization, medicalization, or legalization of drugs without the outcomes that you're referring to and/or highlighting in Portland and California.

There are social issues (as in social climate) in shelters, as well as other expectations, that interfere in many peoples' willingness to use shelters.

The Fairbanks Mission insists on engaging in their pre-meal prayers, religious practices, etc. as but one example. As a private non-profit, I don't know if anyone has yet challenged them on that, but they ought to.

Thefts and bullying in such places also are issues.

The problems vary from place to place but can be many.

A family member spent years operating a (ethical, client-based/focused, harm reduction) methadone program that also does a needle exchange program and works with folks with HIV, AIDS, Hep C, and a variety of conditions.

I can post video if you'd like, of the former chief Psychiatrist, an MD at the Liverpool Project in Liverpool England in the early 1990s, and it was very successful. Property and other crimes in the area of the clinic went down by 65%, and there were case workers who proved that with proper support, etc., and childcare, addicts could work jobs, go through vocational training, etc.

The clinic was obtaining synthesized heroin and coke and it was costing them, if I recall correctly, about $10/gram for pure drugs, and it was given out to those enrolled who could prove they had a drug issue.

Whereas many in this Country at that time were trying to beat urine analysis tests, the process in Liverpool's program involved proving clients had the drugs in their system via UA's.

There are other functional examples.

The way that the programs you're criticizing were set up looks from an educated distant view, as I said earlier, that they were either brain-dead stupid about the policies they were crafting, or they WANTED them to fail. Think for a moment about why that might be.

By the way, a primary reason Liverpool's program shut down involved pressure from the US.

I have no problem with drugs being legal. But public consumption/intoxication should be illegal.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
I coudn't make a decent pic with my free ai trials but can someone please make a marjorie taylor swift for me?

My "best" try but you still have to look for marjorie

small_66e868098b594.png

moose eater

I have no problem with drugs being legal. But public consumption/intoxication should be illegal.
Any time there's been decrim/legalization/medicalization, folks tend to push that envelope, and especially after years of oppression and suppression.

We screwed ourselves to some extent here with cannabis after the State Supreme Court ruled in Ravin v. State, 1975, in favor of our Article 1, Section 22 Right of Privacy in the State Constitution, ruling that cannabis in the homes of adults (with no definition of age of majority at that time), could possess 'small amounts for personal use in the privacy of their homes' (with no determination at that time of what small amounts was defined as) May of 1975.

Simultaneously, or nearly so, in May of 1975, the legislature decrimmed cannabis, and permitted up to an ounce in possession in public, 'providing it was not used or displayed in public.'

Like many will do, we blew all of those boundaries and abused the loose parameters in the legislature's and court's poorly or non-defined terms. (* They REALLY ought to require legislators, judges, governors and Presidents to attend mandatory classes regarding functional and proper use of the language AS SOON AS they achieve whatever position).

The plants went into windows on Main St. Alaska, public use in many places was rampant, including inside the Student Hall (Wood Center) on UAF campus, and folks like the fellow in Potters Flats in '78 got his ready-for-harvest crop of 23-lbs. seized by the State Troopers, and won due to claiming it was for personal use. We did (my ex-partner) 20' x 50' and larger outdoor greenhouses with Visqueen and local tree poles, 14' tall.

An attorney, friendly to the cause, took my elbow one day on the State Ferry when I was puffing on a joint up near the solarium, as we were pulling into Auke Bay, near Juneau, and he understood many of us doing what we were doing and why, but he told me in a non-combative but mentor-like voice, you guys are gonna' blow this, and to some extent he was right.

March of '83 a new law went into effect, that I, to this day, regard as the codification of Ravin, but at a bare minimum, was at least a source of better definitions; public possession was recriminalized, and anything over a lb. became a felony. 4 oz. was the limit for dried flowers in the home, and 25 plants was the limit. (HB180 & SB190, if I recall correctly). The ticking of the clock hand the night it technically took effect, turned a non-offense into a felony, and I told the legislature that it ought to take more than a clock, a calendar and some (flowers) to make a felon.

But we fucked ourselves to some extent, and then came 11 years of unconstitutional recrim in general the end of 1990, and we had to bear that burden for 11 years.

Yes, there is proper etiquette in substance use, to include alcohol, and ignoring that social contract can end up fucking the initial beneficiaries of whatever liberty, and for variable time periods.

Last edited: