What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

xtsho

There are many reasons why some of the homeless don't use shelters, and not all shelters have empty beds.

I don't know about every city. But here there are beds if you are not whacked out tweaker.

In all my years I have never seen anything like this and I remember when crack hit the streets. What I see now is unbelievable. People in their twenties that have turned their homeless, drug using, street life into a lifestyle.
They choose to stay on the streets despite services that could get them off the streets. They don't want to keep living the way they are but they refuse to conform to any norms of society or rules. They have basically given up and have accepted the reality that they created for themselves. They have no motivation to change their behavior. It's as if the drugs have stripped their brains of logical thinking. They don't care and have resigned themselves to the life that they're living.

It's sad that so many people have succumbed to drug use to this extent but it is what it is. The rest of us have to do what's necessary to ensure that we can live our lives.

I'm not without compassion for those truly in need. I donate significantly to local food banks which provide food to those that are hungry. But I'll be damned if I'm going to just sit back while a bunch of homeless criminal drug addicts take the treasure that decent people paid for and destroy it.

Newsom should have been doing things to address the issue years ago. He didn't and now he's paying for it just like we are here in Portland.

But the real issue is the drugs. Most homelessness is just a byproduct of drug use.
75% of the homeless are homeless because they're on drugs.

I'd say to stop the flow across the border but the labs are already in the states. Most of the chemicals that can't be easily acquired in the USA can be synthesized using those that are.

You can't cut the head of the snake because there are too many snakes.

Have you ever seen this movie?

moose eater

I don't know about every city. But here there are beds if you are not whacked out tweaker.

In all my years I have never seen anything like this and I remember when crack hit the streets. What I see now is unbelievable. People in their twenties that have turned their homeless, drug using, street life into a lifestyle.
They choose to stay on the streets despite services that could get them off the streets. They don't want to keep living the way they are but they refuse to conform to any norms of society or rules. They have basically given up and have accepted the reality that they created for themselves. They have no motivation to change their behavior. It's as if the drugs have stripped their brains of logical thinking. They don't care and have resigned themselves to the life that they're living.

It's sad that so many people have succumbed to drug use to this extent but it is what it is. The rest of us have to do what's necessary to ensure that we can live our lives.

I'm not without compassion for those truly in need. I donate significantly to local food banks which provide food to those that are hungry. But I'll be damned if I'm going to just sit back while a bunch of homeless criminal drug addicts take the treasure that decent people paid for and destroy it.

Newsom should have been doing things to address the issue years ago. He didn't and now he's paying for it just like we are here in Portland.

But the real issue is the drugs. Most homelessness is just a byproduct of drug use.
75% of the homeless are homeless because they're on drugs.

I'd say to stop the flow across the border but the labs are already in the states. Most of the chemicals that can't be easily acquired in the USA can be synthesized using those that are.

You can't cut the head of the snake because there are too many snakes.

Have you ever seen this movie?

There are numerous locations/cities/countries that have successfully implemented decriminalization, medicalization, or legalization of drugs without the outcomes that you're referring to and/or highlighting in Portland and California.

There are social issues (as in social climate) in shelters, as well as other expectations, that interfere in many peoples' willingness to use shelters.

The Fairbanks Mission insists on engaging in their pre-meal prayers, religious practices, etc. as but one example. As a private non-profit, I don't know if anyone has yet challenged them on that, but they ought to.

Thefts and bullying in such places also are issues.

The problems vary from place to place but can be many.

A family member spent years operating a (ethical, client-based/focused, harm reduction) methadone program that also does a needle exchange program and works with folks with HIV, AIDS, Hep C, and a variety of conditions.

I can post video if you'd like, of the former chief Psychiatrist, an MD at the Liverpool Project in Liverpool England in the early 1990s, and it was very successful. Property and other crimes in the area of the clinic went down by 65%, and there were case workers who proved that with proper support, etc., and childcare, addicts could work jobs, go through vocational training, etc.

The clinic was obtaining synthesized heroin and coke and it was costing them, if I recall correctly, about $10/gram for pure drugs, and it was given out to those enrolled who could prove they had a drug issue.

Whereas many in this Country at that time were trying to beat urine analysis tests, the process in Liverpool's program involved proving clients had the drugs in their system via UA's.

There are other functional examples.

The way that the programs you're criticizing were set up looks from an educated distant view, as I said earlier, that they were either brain-dead stupid about the policies they were crafting, or they WANTED them to fail. Think for a moment about why that might be.

By the way, a primary reason Liverpool's program shut down involved pressure from the US.

Last edited:

So Hai

The faggot apparently wrote a 291 page book in which he called for the west to instigate nuclear war with Russia and ”strike first”.

Latest posts

Latest posts