What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Why I don't believe in f-cking with the sexuality of cannabis

Shua1991

I would compare the smoke of the reversed males to the females of the same phenotype, if they match, then inbreed further and then test the offspring.

ScythianGold

The feminized seeds are almost exclusively grown in western countries, all over the world there is still many growers using reg seeds, the cannabis genetic is not at risk at all stop being over dramatic.
And you missed the point about taking more risks because of more plants, we don't all live in country where it's legal to grow and when cops get you the plants numbers is a big factor in the sentencing so more plants like males are a useless risk for a lot of growers.
I did not miss the point. I have grown illegally most of my life. Hundreds of plants spread out over many spots outdoors. Suck it up. Do you want to grow this plant or not? Do you honor this plant or not? There are ways to do anything securely. But you are looking for shortcuts that dishonror this plant and our culture. 90% of varieties out there today do not have a regular option available and never will. The gene pool is being bottlenecked extremely because of the hype around high THC varieties and fem seeds. Many varieties are being lost or contaminated around the globe. FACT. FOR WHAT? For lazy bs. For money. For ego. None of the reasons are worth it in my opinion. If it were not so onesided I would not care. The weed industry and culture has been so degraded by commerciality, marketing bs, heavy-handed regulationi, pandering to drug addicts that want their weed to be more like meth than weed, etc it is not nearly what it used to be.

ScythianGold

Grow your weed as close to ancient/natural ways as possible. Use only inputs you can vouch for 100% (meaning make/collect them yourself). Make your own varieties. Make your own seeds so that the plant can never be taken away from you again. Share the fruits of this labor as freely as you can. This is the way. This is a flucking creed to live by. This is much easier (and cheaper) than the crazy shit people think they have to do to grow weed nowadays. Brainwashed bozos. What cannabis creed do you live by? I'd like to hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Another boomer hippy who play it morally superior when his generation has sold the world. Man I have to deal with the bullshit YOU have created and it's ugly, I don't thank you for that.
If fem seeds can allow me to avoid jail, long live fem and fluck your culture. I honestly can't stand the marihuana culture I love growing that's different.

ScythianGold

I am neither a boomer nor a hippy. Just someone with actual perspective. As a young person in today's world, maybe you have not met many people with broad perspective and true objectivity. I'm sorry for that. Ad hominem attacks are the last refuge of a weak mind. Fortify your mind and spirit, if weed does not help you with this, maybe it is not for you. I follow my creed, outlined above. This provides you with benefits, and is not responsible for any of your problems. You would be wise to follow it yourself. I am guessing you grow illegally because you are motivated by money. Money is not a good reason to risk so much, which is why you feel the way you do. I risked my safety because I love and believe in the plant and the culture that USED TO surround it. This also helped me be smart about the risk. If you have no intrinsic motivation, I recommend you quit that pursuit. You will likely not be able to make the right decisions, blinded by money.

CharlesU Farley

I am a pragmatic no need of a creedo nor an ideology and I certainly don't morally judge anyone like you do.
"Another boomer hippy who play it morally superior when his generation has sold the world. Man I have to deal with the bullshit YOU have created and it's ugly, I don't thank you for that."

You don't morally judge?????

As they used to say back in the day, "ya ought to check yourself before you wreck yourself".

CharlesU Farley

Yeah charley you just 'judged' every fem grower...cool out bro
I'm not judging _anybody_, look at the title of the thread. It's entitled why _I_ do something, not why _you_ should do something.

I need _no_ advice from you to "cool out", especially with this subject. I don't pretend to be better than anybody, I just post what _I_ do and why _I_ do it. ;)

More responses like this from you, to me, will cause you to get responses from me as _Chuck_, not Charlie, and definitely not Charles. o_O

Discorilla

It was a pretty good conversation thread, until the "fuck yous" came out. We are all entitled to our views, but we need to realize that some minds won't be changed.

I do respect the work that was done in the dark ages. I won't take anything away from those that paved the way. Respect and love to them, because I also grew in a zero tolerance state. The laws are truly fucked, even in medical and recreational states. It's a plant, and I've seen a lot of people lose their freedoms because of their passion. Kudos for them, for enduring the risk associated.

I wouldn't hate on anyone for growing within limits or using fems, though (anymore). I haven't changed my mind about selecting plants for breeding from regular stock, but I don't see a problem with growing buds from feminized seeds. I love smoking Chemdog, but I haven't made crosses with it.

CharlesU Farley

I just state facts I don't pretend to be better than other because I don't grow fem seeds or don't sell cannabis.
I also state facts, based on science, and I know for a fucking fact that I'm not better than _anyone_ else, whatsoever. And I use the term "f-ck" quite liberally, because it usually cuts across the namby pamby, polite bullshit, an expresses how I actually _feel_.

And _not_ growing fems and selling cannabis doesn't make me better than anyone else, only more intelligent. ;)

kro-magnon

Veteran
All those words to say fem seeds are dumb, thank god you didn't make a career in novel writing. You didn't state a single scientific fact proving fem seeds are dangerous for cannabis genetics. It is a tool for growers that's all it is, don't use it we don't care but stop pretending they are a danger. The cannabis genetics pool is much larger than the western world.
And the post you quoted was not a response to you, but as you're a boomer you might have feel the guilt for fucking up so much and giving a world in full chaos.

CharlesU Farley

Hippy boomer detected

A Millenial Moron, quote obviously, with poor musical taste as well.

Posting Saggy Pop (who obviously should put a f-cking T-shirt on because of his boobs), in response to Spirit, a seminal band from the '60s, tells me _all_ I need to know about your intellect, not to mention your musical taste.

No doubt your musical taste equals your knowledge of cannabis development.