What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Lyfespan

that's not all true, big dog... there were a lot of hemp grows there last year and there will be substantially less this year as the flash in the pan guys realize it's not a way to turn a quick buck....and all of those grows were for biomass or flower.....so, they all grow from feminized seeds that usually cost a buck a piece...

I did a cannabis grow last year three hundred yards from one of the biggest hemp grows in southern Oregon...I was sweating possible seeds up until the end when I cut down and there were none.....

but anyways, on topic Southern Oregon seeded lb prices were just for a bit of perspective...as to how their lbs got seeded, I could only speculate..

on topic? with oregon news in a cali thread HMMMM:tiphat:

Treevly

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.[/FONT].

I don't quite get the humour of that signature -- but then, I had someone close to me die apparently because a driver fell asleep at the wheel.

Do you know any childhood cancer jokes?

CrushnYuba

I think WHOLESALE price for CALIFORNIA outdoor in other states is relevant. Let's face it, 80% of our OD leaves the state.

I don't think indoor pricing matters because you can grow it anywhere. Our outdoor and depp is a unique product.

Bulk is not a single lb or less.

I want to know what my stuff is getting marked up. My stuff will never sell for as much as someone it's willing to pay for it in another state.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I think WHOLESALE price for CALIFORNIA outdoor in other states is relevant. Let's face it, 80% of our OD leaves the state.

I don't think indoor pricing matters
because you can grow it anywhere. Our outdoor and depp is a unique product.

I want to know what my stuff is getting marked up. My stuff will never sell for as much as someone it's willing to pay for it in another state.

Derp Durp comment of the year.. congrats

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I don't think indoor pricing matters because you can grow it anywhere. Our outdoor and depp is a unique product.

You really dont think the indoor pricing model has any impact on outs/deps? Come on! Theyre both ganja! Theyre both priced accordingly to each other. I actually think indoor growers have been getting fucked for years while outdoor prices have been on the rise. Indoor growers cant just “grow it anywhere” think about that. Its a huge investment and safety and environment are huge factors. Go grow some shit next to the ocean vs the desert. Go grow some shit in a barn vs a garage vs a house vs a warehouse. Cant just do it anywhere, you have to adapt the setup to every environment and that costs money. Thankfully indoor prices are rising too.

CrushnYuba

I don't think that indoor pricing on the EAST COASTt has much of an impact. Even if it was grown in ca. Sure the price here has a huge impact.

Indoor grown here gets smoked here. Most outdoor here goes east. I don't think the price of indoor in NYC is relevant to this thread. But the price of outdoor in NYC that that was grown in CA is.

And yea, you can grow nice indoor in other parts of the country. There are places that have better climates and legal climates for legal growing. Its doubtful nice outdoor will be grown anywhere but here. Cali outdoor only competes with cali outdoor. Cali indoor that made its way to nyc needs to compete with maine indoor.

914safbmx

yeah and i bet of everything that leaves CA, 50% of it goes to NYC metro area alone haha.

that is true about CA outs and dep being unique. especially pure outdoor. i dont consider outdoor from anywhere else in the country to really be viable option. of course theres always a few exceptions here and there but that doesnt make an industry

calisun

Seeing 950-1000 for nice outs in northern Ca. One guy I know just moved 40 3timescrazy at 1200. Wish we could meet his buyer lol. Friends call all the time saying they have someone in town looking at 7 or 8 max. We say no. Don't even want to meet those people. In my experience the low ballers are more of a hassle to deal with and more risky.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
What you see is not always what you get hence regs and taxes. I can say oh it's around 400 an ounce at the store or I heard 950/lb on here. In fact each is unique. I have not known a reliable high grade supplier ever indoors or out from anywhere. Does this mean long time suppliers exist? If yes middle parties = liars or equivalent. May also say garbage producers get in the way = middle parties or equivalent. There is some indoor, Los Angeles is where more indoor is grown and Mendocino sungrown.

CrushnYuba

Price went down a little for boutique out. I was getting like 14. Now It's like 11. Saw some fresh dep at 14. Actual dep. Not the nice last years that brokers tell their it of state buyers are depps all winter.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I don't think that indoor pricing on the EAST COASTt has much of an impact. Even if it was grown in ca. Sure the price here has a huge impact.

Indoor grown here gets smoked here. Most outdoor here goes east. I don't think the price of indoor in NYC is relevant to this thread. But the price of outdoor in NYC that that was grown in CA is.

And yea, you can grow nice indoor in other parts of the country. There are places that have better climates and legal climates for legal growing. Its doubtful nice outdoor will be grown anywhere but here. Cali outdoor only competes with cali outdoor. Cali indoor that made its way to nyc needs to compete with maine indoor.

I bet if KY allowed legal grows they would do just fine. It was quite the 'baccer and hemp state, back in the day.

You have a good point though about indoor. I sure like the nose of outdoor in November better than late April.

Last edited:

Wendull C.

Veteran
Indoor supply in socal is getting scarce. Not license to license. But little guy to little guy. 2000 a unit in packs is normal. For special shit with a longer flower time 2400, sativa dominates like sour d , super silver haze, and a clementine x Tom hills haze I can't stop smoking. I actually smoked until I dropped my bong as it slipped through my fingers.

Sad thing is everytime I go to a licensed shop for anything I am disappointed or flat out disgusted . By the time the end user gets it all the mono terpenes have flared off. The multi terpene varieties aren't much better. They all seem 6 to 8 months old.

CrushnYuba

Indoor supply in socal is getting scarce. Not license to license. But little guy to little guy. 2000 a unit in packs is normal. For special shit with a longer flower time 2400, sativa dominates like sour d , super silver haze, and a clementine x Tom hills haze I can't stop smoking. I actually smoked until I dropped my bong as it slipped through my fingers.

Sad thing is everytime I go to a licensed shop for anything I am disappointed or flat out disgusted . By the time the end user gets it all the mono terpenes have flared off. The multi terpene varieties aren't much better. They all seem 6 to 8 months old.

Huh. Do you think it's old? Why would that be? Any time i see moisture added back to stuff, it always takes away some nose. Its too dry but it still stanks. Add a little moisture and it doesn't.U think they are letting it get too dry?

Wendull C.

Veteran
I think it's just old. It has taken too long to go from grower, to processor, to packaging, to shipping , to retail.

No matter how well stored and handled my 60 day old OG is no match for the 21 day old stuff. Maybe close in effect but in terps, there is no comparison.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
If it wasnt for the big legal indoor grows in Cali ...there'd be barely any indoor on the market.... they move everything out the back door...

My buddies that moves boxes on the weekly from NorCal to Texas/Kentucky/DC all say indoor is getting scarce and prices are going up... Cant fill trucks with large orders... people are on a buying Frenzy...

He had to go to Oregon where he usually gets a box on the front with ease driven to him... this time he to take his cash...leave it with his homie..and he had to go piece everything out.. 10...20...5....15...etc

Prices going up bro..this aint your normal drought

Latest posts

Latest posts