What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

furrywall11

Alright, the exact phrase I heard from a buddy with a lot of connects was, "There isn't any kush left in California. It's totally dry."

In my experience, the height of demand is June 15 and from there is drops off as light dep just begins to hit the market. It's only May 20th, dude.....

Last year, I shifted some Christmas season lbs for a friend at rock bottom prices so he could buy presents and not feel the holiday pressure...... $550/lb for hardball GSC and Game Changer OG. In the beginning of June, five months later, those same lbs, except a darker color from oxidation, went for $1300 high respectably large packs.

It's going to be that kind of year....if not higher prices and weirder with the pandemic.

All that said, a week ago I got 1150 for the majority of my well stored cookies og, blue city diesel, cherry chem and, venom OG. I'm going to get 800-900 for some of my lower grade stuff that got hit with some frost burn.

I always say, 9 months out of the year, I'm the guy selling vacuum cleaners door to door....3 months out of the year........things are dramatically different. :)

CrushnYuba

I just got a call from a broker friend offering me 1450 for my BLUE DREAM. His buyer will be paying 1500.

My buddy moved some not quite as nice stuff at 14 yesterday.

Depps are a couple points higher. It's a fight for them though.

musigny23

imho, indoor is worth more because of a few factors
1) zero dust and dirt on it.

2) indoor flowers generally test higher - less plant matter to THC means smoking less gets you as high.

3) the content of a lot of hq indoor lbs are very uniform in their bud structure and size due to sea of green or only harvesting the tops that light penetrated to vs a lot of B buds, airy stuff and, strangely shaped nugget winding up in outdoor lbs- which is understandable because outdoor lbs are so much more inexpensive (read, undervalued) so the farmer most of the time will throw in anything "passable" into an outdoor lb.

4) the high from indoor is qualitatively different. I'm not going to try and describe the differences but anyone who has had access to lots of both ins and outs knows what I'm speaking of. to a lot of people, indoor is a much better high.

5) you don't see a lot of Blue Dream type mega yielder type plants growth indoors, its mostly average yielding varieties when compared to the monster strains folks grow outside - conversely, not a ton of people grow finicky harder to grow GSC/gelato strains outside. exclusivity.

6) It's magnitudes more difficult and requires more skill to grow high quality indoor than it is to grow high quality outdoor.

7) lastly, from a business model stand point, with the price of equipment, electricity and, renting a suitable space, an indoor farmer could be put out of business with one bad run. That's more risk.

8) It's _very_ rare to see outdoor or even light dep bud that is as aesthetically pleasing as indoor....and let's face it. Marveling at the beautiful dankness and bright green color of your buds with a friend is a large part of the fun.

:thank you:

I realized after I posted that comment that I wasn't prepared to get into a discussion or debate about it. Not that I don't have things to say, just that this thread is about something else and I didn't want to take the time to engage, nothing would come of it. Maybe in a different forum or thread...

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most deps aint ready. Its not even June. But indoor is hitting 26+ on the regular for quality. Ive seen 27 and 28s for fire. Last years well stored outs still going for 14-16 and almost everything is nearly scarce. Its a wild world rn. Best believe once the deps do hit we will see them taxed. 16-2k i bet for the best. Ins will hit 3k by then.

TPFTFW

Veteran
tpftw got any pics.just to get an idea of what it looks like?

I have plenty of albums check it out for yourself I’m on a phone it’s a pain in the ass

Sour apple, CBH, tcpk, runtz, fritter, Manhattan brown, sours, skunk, chems etc

36 is on the low end for me for just seed pops and stuff like that..

Hope that helps
Peace

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Outdoor Kush is supposed to be ready in a month or so. Must be deps, just repeated what I was told. I was a little surprised myself.

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

Outdoor Kush is supposed to be ready in a month or so.

I wonder if the brown water when making butter, is from dust that has gotten into outdoor flower?

Outdoor kush or any strain won't be ready until about holloween. There won't be anything other then indoor or light depp until then. Maybe some sort of auto flower will be ready in a month. Yuck.

It's pretty damn dry out there. I see last year's going for almost 15 right now. There's hardly anything left. Few scraps here and there. I have seen some down right ugly units going for 12.

Most are predicting light depps to be around 19 this year.

fvasquez

Do people still do large runs of indoor, old-school, clone-only OG? Or have they moved on to the new fad of rainbow colors and smells with yield?

victoroni

Can i ask if anyone is growing LA area with license or just NorCal? Looking to get back in and realized that prop 215 medical/collective grows ended in Jan 19', I don't see how the licensing is possible for a small mom and pop. Are most still cowboys? baha

F

Fermented

Well, I was wrong.

Last year I said prices would crash down so low that only those growing with tractors and harvesters would be price competitive.....but prices are good! May the prices keep high for all you farmers!

I will never understand why indoor is worth more.

It makes me shake my head too.

I'd like to see 100 smokers get joint samples rolled from different buds of various clones grown indoors and outdoors to evaluate the quality of the high.

It's been my experience that longer flowering varieties grown under full sub-tropical sun with favorable weather during the last month of flowering have a better quality high than the same grown indoors.

The high from outdoor bud seems slightly clearer and "higher" with a little more duration, but is not more potent, if anything, indoor bud seems to be slightly stronger, it's just that the quality of the high is better with outdoors because it's slightly trippier, clearer, smarter.

But maybe it's just me believing that the sun makes it better so I score the quality of the high from outdoor buds higher?

Any one here tried comparing highs from indoor and outdoor grown clones? Please post your findings. In the past many said there was little noticeable difference, but some other sativa growers said the high from outdoor grown bud was better, not stronger, just a better high.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have grown indoor and outdoor of the same cut of, diablo og, karmas biker x hortilabs starbud sister, alien tahoe cookies and fire og x forum cut. I ran both for years in and out. The indoor was always better and overall more impressive. The cost to produce is higher and overall its just more controllable but costly to do so. I do think there is something “special” about clean delicious outdoor done well. But if I were on a desert island with one option, its indoor all day for me.