What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

packerfan79

Veteran
big nose crosses with flavor you know like mendobreath :tiphat:

Well, fuck, I never got a premium for Mendobreath that I grew. Then again my prices haven't changed in many years. I know my guy sells his purple punch for 3 ish. I always thought it was nice. But weak.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I think it's just old. It has taken too long to go from grower, to processor, to packaging, to shipping , to retail.

No matter how well stored and handled my 60 day old OG is no match for the 21 day old stuff. Maybe close in effect but in terps, there is no comparison.

I got ahold of some 4 gallon vintage Mason jars with glass lids and seals. The weed in those jars seems to get better with age

PS $1300 for unmanicured pounds of good indica crosses

Wendull C.

Veteran
I got ahold of some 4 gallon vintage Mason jars with glass lids and seals. The weed in those jars seems to get better with age

PS $1300 for unmanicured pounds of good indica crosses

Those would be about as good as one could get. Especially with what you are putting in them jars doc....:tiphat:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Got the word from my buddy getting units from Oregon..
Top shelf going for 19-2k... the most flooded state

Raise them prices everyone... we've been getting hosed hard the last few years

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I think it's just old. It has taken too long to go from grower, to processor, to packaging, to shipping , to retail.

No matter how well stored and handled my 60 day old OG is no match for the 21 day old stuff. Maybe close in effect but in terps, there is no comparison.

If it was outs or dep, it is more than 2 months old. Besides the terps and subsequent reduction in flavor, it grinds differently, since the terps help with the oils.

I am not complaining one iota, as my pile was going way too fast these pandemic daze.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got the word from my buddy getting units from Oregon..
Top shelf going for 19-2k... the most flooded state

Raise them prices everyone... we've been getting hosed hard the last few years
THIS

Fellow cultivators, the time is now to stick together on this. Remember when this was actually worth it financially? Like better than average job pay worth it!? I remember. I remember the 3+k per unit days for my meticulously crafted indoor. In all fairness i think if you produce clean, sparkling terpy fresh indoor that sells, it should be worth 3-3200. Any asshole can throw money together with their friends and open up a shop and kill it till they get shut down. That takes very little talent, more about money and balls. To those of us who have weathered the storm of the 2k and below days for pristine indoor, we cant let that happen again. What commodity in this type of demand falls in price like that? Booze or cigarettes? Certainly not. Inflation is reflected in almost every product legal and illegal. Granted we have been in this in between legality stage so its somewhat uncharted. However, i mean it when i say we can stick together and demand better for our hard work and risk to provide wholesale numbers to retailers. We do not need to accept below a certain number out of desperation anymore. This only applies to those with top quality. You know who you are. Dont be hustled anymore, buyers are everywhere and numbers are up. Hearing 26-28 for indoors up in nor cal and ive seen them in so cal. Lets make this fair again.:tiphat:

Lyfespan

THIS

Fellow cultivators, the time is now to stick together on this. Remember when this was actually worth it financially? Like better than average job pay worth it!? I remember. I remember the 3+k per unit days for my meticulously crafted indoor. In all fairness i think if you produce clean, sparkling terpy fresh indoor that sells, it should be worth 3-3200. Any asshole can throw money together with their friends and open up a shop and kill it till they get shut down. That takes very little talent, more about money and balls. To those of us who have weathered the storm of the 2k and below days for pristine indoor, we cant let that happen again. What commodity in this type of demand falls in price like that? Booze or cigarettes? Certainly not. Inflation is reflected in almost every product legal and illegal. Granted we have been in this in between legality stage so its somewhat uncharted. However, i mean it when i say we can stick together and demand better for our hard work and risk to provide wholesale numbers to retailers. We do not need to accept below a certain number out of desperation anymore. This only applies to those with top quality. You know who you are. Dont be hustled anymore, buyers are everywhere and numbers are up. Hearing 26-28 for indoors up in nor cal and ive seen them in so cal. Lets make this fair again.:tiphat:

yup , i have a room of some very terpy fabulous buds, cherry pie crossed to forum cooks, that will be going for 32 or more a unit others like C99 will be 3k these have tested in at 20% and up

viffer

Outs -
Poorly stored low grade - 10-11
Average - 11-12
Well stored, light in color, good nose 12-1350
Really nice Sour D, saw a few boxes @14+

Ins -
Run of the mill - 18-20
Nice, good bag appeal, good nose 20-23
Shit with instagram names 23-26

Duplicate

I've been hearing through the grapevine that everything is drying up right now. I'm not tapped into the latest news anymore. Is this part of the COVID craze or just the normal dry spell that happens this time of year?

Thoughts?

musigny23

I've been hearing through the grapevine that everything is drying up right now. I'm not tapped into the latest news anymore. Is this part of the COVID craze or just the normal dry spell that happens this time of year?

Thoughts?

In NorCal, I'd say that this tightening of the market is more Prop 64 related than anything else. Prior to Prop 64 kicking in there nearly wasn't a dry spell at all in summer in recent years. But since the rules changed, a lot of growers who could not get permitted on their land were forced to stop. Many hundreds if not thousands of growers did not grow or grew way less last season. That meant a lower overall supply which is now running out sooner than in previous years.

The question then becomes what will happen to prices? They'll rise of course but how fast and how far. Indoor and light dep won't make up for what's missing.

musigny23

Outs -
Poorly stored low grade - 10-11
Average - 11-12
Well stored, light in color, good nose 12-1350
Really nice Sour D, saw a few boxes @14+

Ins -
Run of the mill - 18-20
Nice, good bag appeal, good nose 20-23
Shit with instagram names 23-26

I will never understand why indoor is worth more.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

High rent and electric bills. Also space limitations. I understand there is cost with outdoor, but its not even at all. Also, the overall appearance, and cleanliness is way easier to maintain. Take a nug and let it sit outside for 10 weeks. Do the same indoors. Look at both products, one is filthy compared to the other. I understand some rinse their product but many dont. I dont even like the dust/soot that builds up anywhere indoors so i rinse my product before takedowns. Im a clean freak about that kind of stuff though. I do admire finely grown outdoor greatly dont get me wrong. Just giving my opinion.:tiphat:

furrywall11

imho, indoor is worth more because of a few factors
1) zero dust and dirt on it.

2) indoor flowers generally test higher - less plant matter to THC means smoking less gets you as high.

3) the content of a lot of hq indoor lbs are very uniform in their bud structure and size due to sea of green or only harvesting the tops that light penetrated to vs a lot of B buds, airy stuff and, strangely shaped nugget winding up in outdoor lbs- which is understandable because outdoor lbs are so much more inexpensive (read, undervalued) so the farmer most of the time will throw in anything "passable" into an outdoor lb.

4) the high from indoor is qualitatively different. I'm not going to try and describe the differences but anyone who has had access to lots of both ins and outs knows what I'm speaking of. to a lot of people, indoor is a much better high.

5) you don't see a lot of Blue Dream type mega yielder type plants growth indoors, its mostly average yielding varieties when compared to the monster strains folks grow outside - conversely, not a ton of people grow finicky harder to grow GSC/gelato strains outside. exclusivity.

6) It's magnitudes more difficult and requires more skill to grow high quality indoor than it is to grow high quality outdoor.

7) lastly, from a business model stand point, with the price of equipment, electricity and, renting a suitable space, an indoor farmer could be put out of business with one bad run. That's more risk.

8) It's _very_ rare to see outdoor or even light dep bud that is as aesthetically pleasing as indoor....and let's face it. Marveling at the beautiful dankness and bright green color of your buds with a friend is a large part of the fun.

:thank you:

Last edited: