What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Will the high cost of indoor (electricity) to produce super top shelf thus fetching the high dollar always trump outdoor quality and price in a fully legal environment? I don't think so. There has to be a cut off point you can sell top shelf indoor to compete and still make a profit considering they huge discrepancy of production costs of indoor vs. outdoor. You have your supplemented greenhouse which is the reason I think is where the future of quality top shelf herb will go. A nice middle ground between production costs and quality of final product.

I can see what you saying...but theres alot of places here that a year round greenhouse wontwork. Im in new england and peolpe are getting hip to the cheap outdoor garbage getting sent here. So much so that its actually helping people like me

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Will the high cost of indoor (electricity) to produce super top shelf thus fetching the high dollar always trump outdoor quality and price in a fully legal environment? I don't think so. There has to be a cut off point you can sell top shelf indoor to compete and still make a profit considering they huge discrepancy of production costs of indoor vs. outdoor. You have your supplemented greenhouse which is the reason I think is where the future of quality top shelf herb will go. A nice middle ground between production costs and quality of final product.

I think you nailed it. The entry fee for growing will include solar, taking allot of players out of the game and requiring a long payback time with lower weed prices.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Imo if your cost indo is above $250/lb right now you better get into light dep in a big hurry. I have seen indo wholesale at 500 right now in CO

It costs $200 a pound or so to trim it, but this is a California thread.

Mendocino and Sonoma counties are busting light dep growers left and right. They issued relatively few permits to grow, so everyone else is illegal. They send a letter to property owners, basically stating that there is an illegal grow on the premises, and the owner will be fined $50K a DAY until it's removed. After 90 days the county files a lien on the property, effectively taking it.

I have several buddies who have been evicted by their landlords in the last couple months because of those letters.

Don't forget illegal moonshine still frequently sells for more than legal liquor. Quality rules.

Rondon

It costs $200 a pound or so to trim it, but this is a California thread.

Mendocino and Sonoma counties are busting light dep growers left and right. They issued relatively few permits to grow, so everyone else is illegal. They send a letter to property owners, basically stating that there is an illegal grow on the premises, and the owner will be fined $50K a DAY until it's removed. After 90 days the county files a lien on the property, effectively taking it.

I have several buddies who have been evicted by their landlords in the last couple months because of those letters.

Don't forget illegal moonshine still frequently sells for more than legal liquor. Quality rules.

Good moonshine in states like Virginia is a novelty at best. Not produced in any significant quantity as well. That's why it fetches bigger bucks.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
SOCAL 100 percent legal CBD nugs outdoor looking 14 percent lab tested from a head shop down the street from me 30 an 1/4

picture.php

mowood3479

Veteran
Imo if your cost indo is above $250/lb right now you better get into light dep in a big hurry. I have seen indo wholesale at 500 right now in CO

Can anyone in co confirm this? (Not that I’m doubting the veracity) just looking for additional info...Is this a lowball, bad crop price? or is it the current standard for quality ins? Cause last I’d heard co was still in the mid teens for quality ins n that was only 6months ago...

frostqueen

this ain't speculation. it's a $50 ounce of 56 1/2 gram prerolls
available in WA today.
prices are still dropping and these might be shitty doobs, yada yada, but they are prolly stronger than the joints I sold at school in the 70's.

View Image

saw some FB pics of decent looking $40 Oregon recreational store zips last week too...

Well, that just looks horrific to me. But hey: enjoy! To each their own. I wasn't referring to shit-weed in my comment. This is basically the cannabis equivalent of Night Train.

trippn

Marijuana will be recreational legal in 5 to 7 years in the United States. Watch. My prediction. I hope Iam wrong. I am not even close to retiring yet. To he honest..I can't fathom how some of you say no not happening. Writing is on the wall. Obvious as hell where the cannabis thing in America is heading.

Civil War will come sooner.

The Federal Government is a terrorist entity that will never let that happen.

green404

Can anyone in co confirm this? (Not that I’m doubting the veracity) just looking for additional info...Is this a lowball, bad crop price? or is it the current standard for quality ins? Cause last I’d heard co was still in the mid teens for quality ins n that was only 6months ago...

Top shelf will maybe get $1000.lb ? maybe. There are a lot of people sitting on lots of lbs of product they cannot sell.

Dispensaries are selling decent stuff for $100.oz , do the math -overhead -labor -taxes -ect. They say if you cannot grow a lb for $300. or under you are not going to make it.

The top of the top shelf at the finest dispensaries will go for $200.oz. This is the top 1%-5% of product.

We still have people from out of state paying 2k a lb. but that's people with no connections driving away to their illegal contraband sales place.

h.h.

Veteran
I actually don't owe the wholesalers very much. This has long been a gouging game of fuck the consumer. Using bad law to make big money. Those days are over.
I don't pay over $80 an ounce in California. Top grade from the right people. Anything more is a rip off.
It's a fucking weed. My great grandma can grow it.

geneva_sativa

Veteran
^ wow. . . " its a fucking weed "

doesn't sound like much appreciation for the healing and consciousness raising plant that it is.

No respect huh? Well, fuck your grandma. You shouldn’t be paying more than $80 an oz in Cali with wholesale outdoor being $33-50 an ounce. The gouging is happening back east when $30-50 becomes $200-300. If it is selling for a 400-600% markup, we are getting gouged. This is also not a thread to bitch about retail prices.

We dont want or need your outdoor.

Sincerely,
Everyone on the east coast