What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Seeing prices climb for ins in Sonoma county, top shelf purples going for 2000 each for 10 packs. 18 and 19 for fire OG and fruits/candies/exotics

Brother Nature

We can still get $5k an elbow in my country, shit assholes can wrangle $6k out of the desperate, and we're still always dry, you fellas should move to NZ. Fuck your dabs and rosin though, that shit's ruined your market.

h.h.

Veteran
I guess this is why we grow our own. Everybody wants your dime and argues over it. Don't really care if any of you make money off me or not. The black market is gone. We don't owe anybody a living. If I can't get my price for pigs, I don't sell pigs. The days of supporting the brotherhood are over. You're in business. Stop whining. Find another business.

soil margin

Veteran
I guess this is why we grow our own. Everybody wants your dime and argues over it. Don't really care if any of you make money off me or not. The black market is gone. We don't owe anybody a living. If I can't get my price for pigs, I don't sell pigs. The days of supporting the brotherhood are over. You're in business. Stop whining. Find another business.

Funny how people who have given up on a higher quality of life always want others to do the same. BTW, you're the one who sounds like they're whining, not the people advocating for a free and open market in this thread.

h.h.

Veteran
Funny how people who have given up on a higher quality of life always want others to do the same. BTW, you're the one who sounds like they're whining, not the people advocating for a free and open market in this thread.
Funny how some people think the change they make gives them a higher quality of life. Not everything is about making money.

cryptop

The black market is alive and well in every single legal state, and will continue to be until interstate trafficking is legalized and limited license states expand their programs.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
The black market is alive and well in every single legal state, and will continue to be until interstate trafficking is legalized and limited license states expand their programs.

I dunno about that. I know black market dudes in legal states stressed out and sitting on product. It's not sweet for everyone..

Interstate trafficking legalized?! Why would any state approve of that? The legal states want it grown n sold there so they can tax the shit out of the consumer. Seed to sale mode..

OP

Rondon

I think he meant federally legal. Which would most definitely entail interstate "trafficking" (commerce). Thats the death knell for every black market cannabis grower. And it's coming. Maybe not tommarow but soon.

jocat

really?

really?

I am skeptical about federal laws moving towards legalization...I wouldn't expect much progress under trumpy, so at least a couple years.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I think he meant federally legal. Which would most definitely entail interstate "trafficking" (commerce). Thats the death knell for every black market cannabis grower. And it's coming. Maybe not tommarow but soon.

Lol I get it. I still can't see that happening though. I mean maybe, but that might be several years from now.

OP

cryptop

I dunno about that. I know black market dudes in legal states stressed out and sitting on product. It's not sweet for everyone..

Interstate trafficking legalized?! Why would any state approve of that? The legal states want it grown n sold there so they can tax the shit out of the consumer. Seed to sale mode..

OP

They want it sold in their state more than anything, which will happen no matter where it's grown since you can tack on more taxes to the end consumer. There will still even been a black market then, there are still moonshiners now and there is a thriving black market for cigarettes in places like NYC where taxes are insane. I'd say 5-10 years for fed legalization but hey it might happen sooner.

Anyways, how goes it with everyone's distributors? I saw Canadian companies have merged/bought out a few, just curious if they're changing anything with prices/etc.

Rondon

"It can't happen here"...Frank Zappa. Keep saying that. The catalyst was started years ago with the "medical marijuana" shindig. Initiated by a very well funded group called the Marijuana Policy Project. Got the ball rolling what NORML and the fossils over there couldn't. Federally legal is coming folks. Sure as shit as I type this. Time waits for no one. Surely not for an ostrich and sand.The future is there for those who are prepared for it.

Firecityseeds

Here is an interesting question. Why would farmers,even big AG grow anything except marijuana after Fed legalization ?

An acre of weed is about 1500 plants . Lets assume a yield of 2 pounds per plant . 3000 pounds per acre.At $100 per pound thats $300,000 per acre .

Compare to an acre of wheat ,oats, corn , potatoes or soybeans . They all make around $1,000 per acre .

Why would any farmer grow anything other than weed ? They can make 300 years worth of income in one year. Even if they only do it for one year its a chance of a lifetime and thats at 100 per pound.

I think that is the biggest problem for Fed legalization . The country would starve with no one growing food crops. !!!$

Rondon

Here is a mind melt. The entire American domestic cannabis demand can be supplied by roughly 20,000 acres. The average ag crop farmer is 1000 acres. Conventional ag crop (soy corn wheat..etc). So roughly 20 average sized farmers (whether Indoor out or greenhouse- doesn't matter- an acre is an acre) can supply the entire country's marijuana demand. Think about that fer a minute.

Firecityseeds

Here is a mind melt. The entire American domestic cannabis demand can be supplied by roughly 20,000 acres. The average ag crop farmer is 1000 acres. Conventional ag crop (soy corn wheat..etc). So roughly 20 average sized farmers (whether Indoor out or greenhouse- doesn't matter- an acre is an acre) can supply the entire country's marijuana demand. Think about that fer a minute.

To melt your brain further , consider this :

When its federally legalized it stands to reason that our betters will surely allow imports ,free trade and all that .

Consider that the average wage in in Indonesia is $250 PER MONTH , Cambodia is $150 PER MONTH and both are client states of China. They will be producing pounds for literally pennies ( grown on contaminated soil and fertilized with human waste) and flooding the market with the cheapest product. And no doubt they will find willing customers.