What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
No respect huh? How do you think that $80 oz was grown? You shouldn’t be paying more than $80 an oz in Cali with wholesale outdoor being $33-50 an ounce and even then your “bro” got you for a 65-120% markup if it’s outdoor. The gouging is happening back east when $30-50 becomes $200-300. If it is selling for a 400-600% markup, we are getting gouged. This is also not a thread to bitch about retail prices.

Sound like the growers and the consumers are both getting the short end of the stick. No reason at all for the middlemen to make that much. It would be nice to set up stand and sell at the side of the road like tomatoes.

h.h.

Veteran
Sound like the growers and the consumers are both getting the short end of the stick. No reason at all for the middlemen to make that much. It would be nice to set up stand and sell at the side of the road like tomatoes.

They were doing a farmer's market in the Riverside area. Don't know how it's going now.

h.h.

Veteran
No respect huh? How do you think that $80 oz was grown? You shouldn’t be paying more than $80 an oz in Cali with wholesale outdoor being $33-50 an ounce and even then your “bro” got you for a 65-120% markup if it’s outdoor. The gouging is happening back east when $30-50 becomes $200-300. If it is selling for a 400-600% markup, we are getting gouged. This is also not a thread to bitch about retail prices.

First, I don't buy that wholesale crap. Secondly $33 to $50 an ounce wholesale? Who is selling ounces wholesale?
My "bro" is making a decent profit and a decent, nothing fancy living. I do consider him a bro, but not because of our business dealings.
You are not getting gouged. Do something else, like the rest of us. Stop supporting the system. That's your choice.

PDX Dopesmoker

2.2x is the standard wholesale to retail markup rate across most nonperishable goods businesses

Medfinder

Chemon 91
First, I don't buy that wholesale crap. Secondly $33 to $50 an ounce wholesale? Who is selling ounces wholesale?
My "bro" is making a decent profit and a decent, nothing fancy living. I do consider him a bro, but not because of our business dealings.
You are not getting gouged. Do something else, like the rest of us. Stop supporting the system. That's your choice.

LOL.. organic greenhouse all day every day delivered in nor cal!!

FLOODING THE STREETS OF LEGAL CANNABIS STATES.
I AM NOT INVOLVED ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM WITH THESE MASSIVE FARMS THAT ARE CROPPING UP!

99 dollars an zip.... heres pics!

picture.php

picture.php

Millions being invested as we speak! BIG PHARMA NOW IN PLAY.

THESE HUGE COOP FARMS ARE USING GENETIC'S THAT CAME OUT HERE ON THIS FORUM.
brings a whole new meaning to closely guarded genetic doesn't it.

HatchBrew

Veteran
I grew 15# last year...covered cost by flipping clones and selling seed starts...1/3 got donated 1/3 got processed for extraction and final third....half for my jars half for sale....Started growing in illegal state so happy to be able to grow with limited paranoia and stress in a "legal" area. But I'd grow either way....why I started growing? For myself. Why i keep growing? Love the plant, process and the beauty. Get to help others (real med patients (cancer/parkinsons) and weed for warriors cause).

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I grew 15# last year...covered cost by flipping clones and selling seed starts...1/3 got donated 1/3 got processed for extraction and final third....half for my jars half for sale....Started growing in illegal state so happy to be able to grow with limited paranoia and stress in a "legal" area. But I'd grow either way....why I started growing? For myself. Why i keep growing? Love the plant, process and the beauty. Get to help others (real med patients (cancer/parkinsons) and weed for warriors cause).

The love of the herb!

while the Green Rush is in full play in legal states.....Growers like hatch have brought what this is about..

The Love of Cannabis.

No joke people out here are sitting on it like you guys are. This years Wont even move at 1k...last years not even 300. Its all getting turned into concentrates.

Good outdoor is great some of my favs and always does well here. Problem is there are so many large scale cali outdoor grows with low quality and low prices. Then Add in the low ball middle men and you get a bottomed out market flooded with low quality crap....everyone across the board loses....except the middle men

HatchBrew

Veteran
No joke people out here are sitting on it like you guys are. This years Wont even move at 1k...last years not even 300. Its all getting turned into concentrates.

Good outdoor is great some of my favs and always does well here. Problem is there are so many large scale cali outdoor grows with low quality and low prices. Then Add in the low ball middle men and you get a bottomed out market flooded with low quality crap....everyone across the board loses....except the middle men

Sell the shovel...don't dig the hole hoping for treasure...

Rondon

You all are just growing too much weed. Especially outdoor and especially mid quality. You all have to sit on it because you can't practically give it away. Turn it into concentrates or just sit on it. If all of you in Cali (let's face it - you do produce the most- that's just fact) would just band together and form one big Union - you fukers would practically control the market and maybe not make bank like the old days but you all would be sitting a lot prettier than the free for all fest you have now. One of the reasons all of you Cali growers are struggling is because your not organized as one cohesive group. There was more of a bond and orginazation amongst growers in Nor Cal when it was highly illegal than it is today. How ironic. Now it's just a free for all with everybody just looking out for themselves and no one is getting what they want nor what y'all deserve.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
You all are just growing too much weed. Especially outdoor and especially mid quality. You all have to sit on it because you can't practically give it away. Turn it into concentrates or just sit on it. If all of you in Cali (let's face it - you do produce the most- that's just fact) would just band together and form one big Union - you fukers would practically control the market and maybe not make bank like the old days but you all would be sitting a lot prettier than the free for all fest you have now.

I am sure that if every farmer with mold, mildews, pesticides, fungicides, smoke damage or any other contaminates. Burned it up in a fire or tossed it in a landfill, as it should be. Then the prices will begin to creep back up.

Rondon

Hatchbrew, how the fuck does in anyway contribute to the California wholesale prices thread?

What I take from the eastcoasters ignorant and off topic comments is that you are getting shit weed and work shit jobs and want everyone to have to also work shit jobs. It makes me happy to think of you and your families smoking moldy, avid and eagle 20 soaked early harvested Hmong weed. You don’t even know what a Hmong is.

Rondon- Fuck unions. We have a free and open market. We answer to nobody. It’s about supply and demand. You may like being somebody’s bitch but not me. Quality sells instate for 8-, shit gets shipped for 5-.

And thanks for your concern about our livelihood but don’t worry, there is still plenty of treasure in our holes. 35 plants was only a part time job with everything already set up. Avg. 5 per at 8-, can you do math? What if I did 99? Worth the effort?

So, I’m thinking you kids don’t know shit about anything but autoflowers. :tiphat:

Not a kid. Wish I was. And in 5 to10 years you won't be making a dime off any cannabis you grow. Guarantee it.

Latest posts

Latest posts