What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

GreenerSide

In Mendocino:

I looked at these yesterday. Not mine.
2016 outs are 300
2017 outs are 500
Both great quality for the price imo. I know there are plenty of these around.

From my farm
2017 deps are 800-1000
depends on strain and things move slower and at lower volume this year than prior

To my north (sohum)
2017 deps are 600
Cookies, sours, glue. They are excellent quality for the price.

To my south (Bay Area)
Commercial indoor is 16-18
This from a licensed 22,000sqft operation. Everything they produce is of very good quality imo

PDX Dopesmoker

To melt your brain further , consider this :

When its federally legalized it stands to reason that our betters will surely allow imports ,free trade and all that .

Consider that the average wage in in Indonesia is $250 PER MONTH , Cambodia is $150 PER MONTH and both are client states of China. They will be producing pounds for literally pennies ( grown on contaminated soil and fertilized with human waste) and flooding the market with the cheapest product. And no doubt they will find willing customers.

It wasn't long ago that flooding the country with dirt cheap imported southeast asian cannabis was considered to be a really wonderful idea.

Brother Nature

Columbia looks to be poised to be the biggest producers worldwide once federal legalization hits in the US. Once the big domino falls the rest simply have to follow and we'll see much more than California vying for the top spot, the Dutch, us Kiwis and Ozzies, the Canadians and South Americans have been preparing for this for a while. Who else knows what places have been doing it under wraps too,
Korea anyone?

Point is once the US federalizes it, everyone else will fall in line and rush to be the first in the door. California weed will mean nothing soon enough, it'll just become another marketing term. Tasmania is pretty much the top legal Opium producer in the world and they're no where near the middle east. Put that in your pipe and smoke it...

Rondon

When federal legal kicks in I can't see importing a lot of it when it will be dirt cheap and grown on American soil. The labor involved with any ag crop is minimal until harvest. Roughly 20,000 acres is all that's needed to meet domestic demand. It will become standardized. And extremely cheap. Black market prices when there is no reason for a black market? Not gonna happen. If they (big ag) are allowed to run the market with supply...10 or 20 dollar ounces maybe? And that's HUGE profit margins compared to any major domestic crop today. It's just won't be a big deal. Not at all. Your high quality will be grown in a few high tech greehouses but most of it will be on a few farms. Indoor with lights and high dollar electricity? Not a chance. What's happening in America is everyone trying to cash in and there is a severe over supply. Has been. We all are going just too damn much. All of it will be put in check once the feds legalize. Our wild west show will be over. Bank on that.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
you guys are way off thinking herb is going to be legal under Federal Law... we already have some of the dumbest millennial's on the planet who are sub par qualified to fill the void for the advanced jobs of tomorrow... a generation of Yabba Dabba Dabber will all but disqualify them from any of these opportunities and 1000000% America would have to import talent from around the world....

you cant let your worker ants/bees become too lazy...your colony will suffer greatly

back on topic....

My Texas buddy is getting 300lbs of killer outdoors on the cuff delivered to his front door from NorCal via 18 wheeler ... 1100 per and hes flipping them for 1500 all day long... just dissolved 300 units in less than a week

Quality is all over the place with everyones prices... This thread needs some pics of dried nugs to really be able to grasp whats good with the bad

Wholesale prices: by wholesalers for wholesalers

Wholesale prices: by wholesalers for wholesalers

We don’t come on your auto-flower thread and talk about bullshit so stop theorizing about stupid shit here.

Last edited:

frostqueen

When federal legal kicks in I can't see importing a lot of it when it will be dirt cheap and grown on American soil. The labor involved with any ag crop is minimal until harvest. Roughly 20,000 acres is all that's needed to meet domestic demand. It will become standardized. And extremely cheap. Black market prices when there is no reason for a black market? Not gonna happen. If they (big ag) are allowed to run the market with supply...10 or 20 dollar ounces maybe? And that's HUGE profit margins compared to any major domestic crop today. It's just won't be a big deal. Not at all. Your high quality will be grown in a few high tech greehouses but most of it will be on a few farms. Indoor with lights and high dollar electricity? Not a chance. What's happening in America is everyone trying to cash in and there is a severe over supply. Has been. We all are going just too damn much. All of it will be put in check once the feds legalize. Our wild west show will be over. Bank on that.

The end of alcohol prohibition years ago should make it all pretty clear: the black market will end for the most part. But I think you are off a bit about the prices going that low. Corporations want to make big money. Profit margin @ $20 an ounce is great, but they will push it much higher. They will work to keep prices higher because that's the name of the game. And when you add in the taxes that every jurisdiction wants to get their mitts on... $20 is too low. I think it will level out at $50 to $80 an ounce 5 years from now.

Yes, you will be able to buy cheap cannabis, just like you are able to buy cheap shitty alcohol. But I suspect the majority of cannabis sales will be either mid-grade flowers or, most likely, concentrates. Cartridges of oil and vaping pens will probably the biggest market in 10 years.

There will also likely be a new 'craft grower' tier that will arise like the microbrew model has. I for one am not going to be smoking any outdoor weed. There is a reason that there is a big price difference between outdoor/dep and premium indoor.

With the improvements in power consumption offered by LED and CMH lighting, and also the plunging cost of solar panels, I would think that self-powered indoor facilities would become a thing soon.

It's all speculation at this point. All of us are wondering where to go from here. This year's price and demand plunge has destroyed so many growers I know.

PDX Dopesmoker

you guys are way off thinking herb is going to be legal under Federal Law... we already have some of the dumbest millennial's on the planet who are sub par qualified to fill the void for the advanced jobs of tomorrow... a generation of Yabba Dabba Dabber will all but disqualify them from any of these opportunities and 1000000% America would have to import talent from around the world....

you cant let your worker ants/bees become too lazy...your colony will suffer greatly

back on topic....

My Texas buddy is getting 300lbs of killer outdoors on the cuff delivered to his front door from NorCal via 18 wheeler ... 1100 per and hes flipping them for 1500 all day long... just dissolved 300 units in less than a week

Quality is all over the place with everyones prices... This thread needs some pics of dried nugs to really be able to grasp whats good with the bad

Hey Stormy Daniels, please stop circulating the myth that smoking weed makes people lazy and stupid, everyone here knows that doing drugs is good for you and makes you smarter and more productive.
I can't believe I'm hearing the same shit from a 1980s high school health class lecture on International Cannagraphic. Is this some sort of put-on? Do you dress up like Nancy Reagan when you post that shit?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
... $20 is too low. I think it will level out at $50 to $80 an ounce 5 years from now.

It's all speculation at this point.

this ain't speculation. it's a $50 ounce of 56 1/2 gram prerolls
available in WA today.
prices are still dropping and these might be shitty doobs, yada yada, but they are prolly stronger than the joints I sold at school in the 70's.

picture.php

saw some FB pics of decent looking $40 Oregon recreational store zips last week too...

Rondon

Marijuana will be recreational legal in 5 to 7 years in the United States. Watch. My prediction. I hope Iam wrong. I am not even close to retiring yet. To he honest..I can't fathom how some of you say no not happening. Writing is on the wall. Obvious as hell where the cannabis thing in America is heading.

Last edited:
First year of rec in Maine with no regulation yet and we still have $50 ounces floating around. The problem is everyone and I mean everyone has the same thought when weed becomes quasi legal. The thought..... I can grow that and make money too.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I am quite curious where the prices will settle when everyone has access or can grow. Around here 100 ounces of outdoor up to about 200-225 for the best around. And the only people getting that have amazing product or uninformed custumers. Seems like as legal weed happens in more places the 50-100 ounce will be more common. But what about the really good stuff. Once everyones market is totally saturated with medicocre flowers and every extract imaginable. What will growers be able to charge for top shelf products and what will it cost consumers to have a consistent hookup on great herb?

I would imagine some areas will always much lower prices than others.

I am quite curious where the prices will settle when everyone has access or can grow. Around here 100 ounces of outdoor up to about 200-225 for the best around. And the only people getting that have amazing product or uninformed custumers. Seems like as legal weed happens in more places the 50-100 ounce will be more common. But what about the really good stuff. Once everyones market is totally saturated with medicocre flowers and every extract imaginable. What will growers be able to charge for top shelf products and what will it cost consumers to have a consistent hookup on great herb?

I would imagine some areas will always much lower prices than others.

Here’s how I see it, look at it like any other product, say your hungry and want a steak. You can go to the Golden Corral/hometown buffet and get a steak and it will fill you up. Then you have a fine dining restaurant where you can get an organic grass fed angus or Kobe steak. The difference in quality and taste is the determining factor. I’ll always chose the better over the latter, as will a lot of people. You’ll also have people opting for the Golden Corral.

Rondon

Will the high cost of indoor (electricity) to produce super top shelf thus fetching the high dollar always trump outdoor quality and price in a fully legal environment? I don't think so. There has to be a cut off point you can sell top shelf indoor to compete and still make a profit considering they huge discrepancy of production costs of indoor vs. outdoor. You have your supplemented greenhouse which is the reason I think is where the future of quality top shelf herb will go. A nice middle ground between production costs and quality of final product.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Here’s how I see it, look at it like any other product, say your hungry and want a steak. You can go to the Golden Corral/hometown buffet and get a steak and it will fill you up. Then you have a fine dining restaurant where you can get an organic grass fed angus or Kobe steak. The difference in quality and taste is the determining factor. I’ll always chose the better over the latter, as will a lot of people. You’ll also have people opting for the Golden Corral.

My thoughts exactly. Seasoned smokers know the difference between outs and ins. People are still paying 60-70 bucks for quality top notch 8ths and 400 a zip in my neck of the woods. They know where to get the outs and greenhouse from, they just don't want it period! Quality will always outlast quantity..Seems like finding quality is getting harder now a days. I have to look over several packs before finding something worth grabbing. I miss the 90's n early 2000's...

OP

Rondon

Knowing the goofiness of the entire indoor grower paradigm and mindset...soon you might see solar power firing up total indoor growrooms. Lol. Talk about an oxymoron. Its like the 3 Stooges where Curly climbs through the window to unlock the door to let the other 2 in. But climbs back out the window to let himself in. Lol.

jidoka

Imo if your cost indo is above $250/lb right now you better get into light dep in a big hurry. I have seen indo wholesale at 500 right now in CO

Latest posts

Latest posts