What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

packerfan79

Veteran
I grew up in LA.... i dont have time or energy to drive around that shithole city and slang ounces anymore, that's how i spent my highschool years..:laughing: We only sell shatter in bulk now. got 1200 for a half pound of trimrun last weekend and thats fine with me

Can't blame you their, LA is a freaking cesspool. I avoid LA like the plague. I wasn't actually referring to LA but other parts of so cal.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
How you doing Bro!

Have you guys considered getting a freeze dryer, and pressing Live Rosin from freeze dried Ice Wax? It is far superior to any other product Ive ever tried, and it goes for top dollar. We get $50 a gram for GG4 live Rosin. We have a Headband x GG4 x Headband called Watermelon Head that has strong sweet watermelon terps. That sold out in less then 2 hours @ $120 a gram

outdoor flowers holding pretty steady around 700-800 in my area. Really nice packs can still get up to 1200 but it's rare. I've also been getting about $150/oz for trimrun shatter, and 500/oz for fresh-frozen "sauce"

I might put some shatter into cartridges .. there is a high demand for those things in some places. anybody know the process for doing this?

trippn

How you doing Bro!

Have you guys considered getting a freeze dryer, and pressing Live Rosin from freeze dried Ice Wax? It is far superior to any other product Ive ever tried, and it goes for top dollar. We get $50 a gram for GG4 live Rosin. We have a Headband x GG4 x Headband called Watermelon Head that has strong sweet watermelon terps. That sold out in less then 2 hours @ $120 a gram

What's the deal with those?
After your product does it's stuff in the freeze dryer, there is zero moisture leftover in hash?

I hear good things, but also alot of skepticism.

JVonChron

anyone know any clubs in the bay area still buying units without the permits/licenses and such??? at a REASONABLE PRICE???please pm me if willing to share. If anyone has a pending commercial cultivation license/application in santa cruz county I can make us both some dough...a buddy has alot of plugs in clubs but they wont buy without the license/permit thing.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
What's the deal with those?
After your product does it's stuff in the freeze dryer, there is zero moisture leftover in hash?

I hear good things, but also alot of skepticism.

picture.php

picture.php

Our Live rosin sells for 50-120 a gram, ion California.
Super pure. Super terpy

Davesnothere420

Im trying my best. Its just so much low quality going around for cheap that and no one really wants to pay any more lowest bidder wins type thing. And then what happens is everyone gets overstocked and it moves slow so then prices go lower. Just a update for all you guys its not all its cracked up to be on the eastcoast anymore. Apparently North Carolina is the promise lands from what I heard.

You say those prices like you're proud of them something.. 120 a gram is just a slap in someones face and is far from compassionate. I would not let anyone i knew pay for that its completely unreasonable and pure greed especially if you are talking about glue dude becuase for one we all know the yields on a quality crop of glue are through the roof and second is anyone who has processed or had prcoessed their glue knows that the return rate is also through the roof and glue is one of the top yielding concentrates where people were getting in the 30 percentile range just from rosin! and we all know rosin is far from the most productive method out there....

whats your reasoning in justifying anywhere near triple digits for a single gram?

1 pound of nicely trimmed up buds that would be turkey bagged up and ready for market is pulled from the lot and decides to be ran ( your getting a higher recover rate per a pound as your doing the trim s well as the buds which is essentially a bud and trim run combined so your going to get higher recovery rate per a gram ). Lets just say the glue is some flame and came out that hardball kushy smelling when shes more bubba leaning then sour and you can manage $2500 for a LB which is an outstanding donation and nice profit over the cost it took to produce that pound so someone should be more then happy with that number all day long. The reason for turning it to a concentrate would be to offer a different route of consumption or if the market for flowers is saturated or is in the slow lane and the concentrate is what is in demand but to convert the flowers to concentrates and then to charge more just becuase of that is unethical i could understand if you were doing some speical hand crafted technique that returned a little amount but was super pure or something along those lines..

$2500=456g
$5.48=1g

So lets go with a lower ballpark number recovery rate of 28 percent. That means basically means for every 100 grams of material ran would leave you with 28 grams essentially an ounce for every 100 grams. that pound would leave you 127.68 grams

456g flower/ 28% recovery rate=127.68g of concentrate
127.68g x your BOTTOM line ($50)=$6384
127.68g x $120!= an amazing $15,321.60

That means that by simply converting that pound of flower to a concentrate you are charging anywhere from a minimum of $6,384 all the way up to over $15,000 for that same pound.. not a pound of concentrate but that same amount of what was in that pound of flowers.. what in your opinion would justify price gouging that bad??? thats literally just plain rude.. you could help your patients out and drop down to 20-30 max a gram and still make more then the flower form. Ive always wanted to hear what somone who does this has to say...

It is supply and demand but even still price gouging that high is ridiculous.

The most you should be charging is $60 in state, $70 out of state. Just MHO.

JVonChron

solvents cost $$. freezers/freeze dryers cost $$. extract machines cost $$. peoples(extractors) time cost $$. you dont just snap your fingers or point a magic wand at that unit of GG and it turns into concentrate. I would imagine that price is through a club, which generally there is a 50% markup. I know for fact when I had a permit i could get grams of any of the big name concentrates co. for half the retail price at a minimum purchase quantity.

JVonChron

i dont see how the concentrate thing is any worse than what the club is going to do turning around and selling that unit of GG for 50-60 an 1/8 all the way up.

Rondon

Either the customer isnt looking for cheaper prices for the same product..there isn't anything cheaper in the area..or they don't care. Either way...what you should or shouldn't be charging is largely dictated by other factors. Gouging be damned. Area market prices and what the customer decides is fair. Bottom line. He wont be in business long or charge that much if hes too out of line. Believe that!!! I quit processing my trim into hash for the most part because a guy whose been with me for years now pays 100 bucks every 30 or 40 grams. Every week. Fine by me. Hes happy. Iam happy. Win for everyone. I think we can all agree that its a customers/buyers world these days. Ball is in there court and has been for sometime. And they will let your wallet know where you stand with prices.

Last edited:

trippn

You say those prices like you're proud of them something.. 120 a gram is just a slap in someones face and is far from compassionate. I would not let anyone i knew pay for that its completely unreasonable and pure greed especially if you are talking about glue dude becuase for one we all know the yields on a quality crop of glue are through the roof and second is anyone who has processed or had prcoessed their glue knows that the return rate is also through the roof and glue is one of the top yielding concentrates where people were getting in the 30 percentile range just from rosin! and we all know rosin is far from the most productive method out there....

whats your reasoning in justifying anywhere near triple digits for a single gram?

1 pound of nicely trimmed up buds that would be turkey bagged up and ready for market is pulled from the lot and decides to be ran ( your getting a higher recover rate per a pound as your doing the trim s well as the buds which is essentially a bud and trim run combined so your going to get higher recovery rate per a gram ). Lets just say the glue is some flame and came out that hardball kushy smelling when shes more bubba leaning then sour and you can manage $2500 for a LB which is an outstanding donation and nice profit over the cost it took to produce that pound so someone should be more then happy with that number all day long. The reason for turning it to a concentrate would be to offer a different route of consumption or if the market for flowers is saturated or is in the slow lane and the concentrate is what is in demand but to convert the flowers to concentrates and then to charge more just becuase of that is unethical i could understand if you were doing some speical hand crafted technique that returned a little amount but was super pure or something along those lines..

$2500=456g
$5.48=1g

So lets go with a lower ballpark number recovery rate of 28 percent. That means basically means for every 100 grams of material ran would leave you with 28 grams essentially an ounce for every 100 grams. that pound would leave you 127.68 grams

456g flower/ 28% recovery rate=127.68g of concentrate
127.68g x your BOTTOM line ($50)=$6384
127.68g x $120!= an amazing $15,321.60

That means that by simply converting that pound of flower to a concentrate you are charging anywhere from a minimum of $6,384 all the way up to over $15,000 for that same pound.. not a pound of concentrate but that same amount of what was in that pound of flowers.. what in your opinion would justify price gouging that bad??? thats literally just plain rude.. you could help your patients out and drop down to 20-30 max a gram and still make more then the flower form. Ive always wanted to hear what somone who does this has to say...

After CA dry fucks you, I doubt he makes anywhere near that much

mowood3479

Veteran
well..thats just like..your opinion..man

Hahahahahahahaha

And also to the moron complaining about prices.... just shut the fuck up. It’s a goddamn price thread..
I’m sure there is some $5 a gram dirt wax u can purchase if that’s more ur style...
No one is going to force u to buy something u consider overpriced (that’s how a marketplace works)

I swear I’m gonna throw hands with the next motherfucker that suggests growers have some moral obligation to sell their wares at less than market price in the name of “compassion”.

Seriously, I’m salty as fuck about this...
mayb, mayb u could convince me that 5 years ago when I was getting $4800 a lb I had some moral obligation to kick some down to those in need..
but now, I barely pay the bills. And it’s only getting worse...
So to anyone who is gonna tell me I have a moral obligation to sell for less than market price in this economy.. I’d so love to punch u right in the fucking throat...
that is all

Last edited:

Rondon

Hahahahahahahaha

And also to the moron complaining about prices.... just shut the fuck up. It’s a goddamn price thread..
I’m sure there is some $5 a gram dirt wax u can purchase if that’s more ur style...
No one is going to force u to buy something u consider overpriced (that’s how a marketplace works)

I swear I’m gonna throw hands with the next motherfucker that suggests growers have some moral obligation to sell their wares at less than market price in the name of “compassion”.

mayb, mayb u could convince me that 5 years ago when I was getting $4800 a lb I had some moral obligation to kick some down to those in need..
So to anyone who is gonna tell me I have a moral obligation to sell for less than market price in this economy.. I’d so love to punch u right in the fucking throat...
that is all

Well said. If customers/buyers only knew what it takes and what us growers have to put up with to get our final product out there...they have no clue. Its expensive and competitive as hell. Fuk em I say. Iam pretty tired of the whole "compassion" thing myself. I hook people up still. The ones that don't bitch and get on my case...the humble patients that appreciate what I offer and the risks and bullshit I have to put up with. Fuk everyone else. I was just talking to my girl last night about this. Some buyers/customers can get funny with a grower. They think your sacks of buds or processed product appears magically or out of thin air sometimes. They can have an attiude and be a hater quite often. Again..they have not a clue of what it takes. To do it right..and grow the best you can...its not easy at all. And expensive. These days arent like it was 20 years ago. Where a guy with a thousand watter can sell whatever (pulled early..still wet..subpar grown) for top dollar. Some still do. Bit they arent lasting in this new world of semi or quasi legal and acceptance.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Hahahahahahahaha

that is all

Can I get an amen!

Latest posts

Latest posts