What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Rondon

Oh and one more question than iam done. Can mid grade (or quality outdoor) be turned in to high quality concentrates than can equal in potency/flavor/& smell the best dried flower of top shelf indoor?

calisun

I would say all. Growing quality cannabis is about managing both your plants and your environment. Both of those things take time, and as scale increases, the difficulty of doing both those things increases. If you're walking around your grow for an hour every day looking at plants, then you double the number of plants, you're now paying half as much attention to each plant on average.

As the environment needed to contain the plants gets bigger, you aren't going to be able to manage the environment as accurately or effectively. Without robotic automation and unlimited resources quality is always doing to decrease in bigger grows. Even if those growers are the most experienced/best on the planet.

Most growers I know don't grow like that (big plants) anymore. Quality is much better. Seeing 11-12 for 10 packs here

theJointedOne

Veteran
The industry in my area considers Outdoor lower quality. So that 2500 contributes to "mids"

Top shelf comes from indoor and Supplemental Greenhouses.

Pulling off 2500lbs of Top shelf is drastically harder than most think.

Not saying your friends quality is bad. Just that it doesn't rank here.

but what if you thought it was gh w/ supp? Top shelf outdoor, real topshelf, is much nicer than most indoor i see. But most outdoor isnt topself either

mushroombrew

Veteran
Oh and one more question than iam done. Can mid grade (or quality outdoor) be turned in to high quality concentrates than can equal in potency/flavor/& smell the best dried flower of top shelf indoor?

Potency yes. Flavors? Honestly pretty good but not as good as the best flower. But the convienience of concentrates is winning. Flower is becoming less and less desirable. Again in my area gents.

theJointedOne

Veteran
well theres no denying the future is carts and prerolls, not for everyone but for the masses hell yea thats where the bulk will be

MedResearcher

Veteran
Does anyone know the ball park overhead cost reduction with a detailed a nd supplemented large green house facility compared to an equally large (sq.ft) total artificial light warehouse operation? Iam sure the supplemented/light dep hydroponic greenhouses are alot cheaper but what dollar amount per pound I have no idea. Ive heard of warehouse/artificial light ops going as low as 200/250 $ per pound??? Assuming double ended 1000 watt p.l. and/or Gavita fixtures. And even less with the latest and highly efficient (but $$$ to buy in) cob and board LED's.

People surely pull multiple deps in the same GH each year, even more so with heating and lighting. The best dep is in the middle of the summer though. The sun is so intense, the flowers are out of this world. A GH or several GH that were big enough so that you could do 1 single dep in the middle of the year when its both warm and the sun is intense the costs would be very very low. One giant dep crop is so much less work as well, maybe a 4 month season start to finish. The square foot tax complicates it though. Paying 3x the square foot tax on 1 crop VS Paying 1/3rd the tax doing 3 crops and getting the same weight. The square foot tax is pretty huge, surely outweighs electrical costs.

I have heard of some insane heating bills trying to crop during the colder months in GH's. Seems like a waste may as well go sealed indoor and not fight mother nature. Get 5-6 crops out of the square feet.

Outdoor vs Indoor, could argue this forever. Personally I feel that indoor can only get so good. I mean really good, but once its perfect its perfect, not much more you can do to it beyond change genetics. Once its dialed, its dialed. While no matter how many 1000s of gavitas someone plugs in it will never match the power of the sun, terroir, ancient virgin soil, etc...

If you have never seen out of this world outdoor then you just don't know, and you might never know, so of course you will land on the other side of the argument. Born and raised, a lifetime in California over decades I have seen both. Oakland and S.F. have been pumping space quality indoor since the 90's, if not earlier. Brain Eraser, Crack Weed, Light, a lot of out of this world stuff that never left its neighborhood. People got paid 5k a pound, they got caught went to prison or maybe got their throat slit, had to be professional. Have seen some really amazing busts in Oakland, innovation and trade secrets that are still not matched today. Same with outdoor, Skunk, Purple Kush, Bubblegum Skunk, Durban Poison, Big Sur Holy Weed, just unreal quality and flavor. I remember smoking trim and little's from Skunk in the 90's that tasted better than most flowers today. A bong hit of central coast durban, bring a grown man to tears, dripping sweat, find religon. Humboldt, Trinity, Big Sur, Santa Cruz Mountains all had unique strains that grew unreal in their environment. People are still chasing after those legends, trying their hardest to come close to duplicating it. Very close, but I would say top 10 smokes of my entire lifetime the outdoor was a little higher on the list. That being said, today I see mostly crap outdoor. Cant blame them though, look at the price, of course its going to be cheaper, it is after all... cheaper. See a lot of crap indoor as well, pretty as fuck, smokes like shit. Have bought grams of 30%+ THC tested, snow covered indoor from dispensaries, and ended up tossing it out. My friends/family would take 1 hit or two and put it out not to be smoked again. I don't think the masses will ever learn, society is just to concerned with cosmetics. You have to be there to know it. Smoke enough fantastic outdoor, and you wont want to smoke indoor anymore.

Will be interesting to see what happens, especially with breeding and the MAS. Hard to say, geneticists in a lab using MAS compared to say Afghani's in the mountains growing giant populations naturally selecting over lifetimes. Shame regulation will never allow the later. We should be doing giant natural selection projects, trying to restore the genetics, not bottleneck them further and further. Imagine a company or team of the innovators and old heads together doing millions of seeds of full term breeding and clone projects with no space restrictions or permit fees to force them to cash in or go bankrupt.

Time will tell maybe.
Mr^^

Last edited:

PDX Dopesmoker

If you dry sift your lesser material before making it into extracts then you can still make very high quality hash oil out of it, but you're left with a small return on weight and a bunch of leftover material which is never going to yield anything above commodity caliber oil. I can get about 3-4g of knock-you-socks-off primo high flavor, high potency, dry-sift rosin out of 100g of untrimmed outdoor lower bud. Doesn't seem like a lot, but its worth it cause its such good oil.

MedResearcher

Veteran
One last rant, and I will stop clogging up the thread^^

Think a lot of the great outdoor over the years, was sold as great weed, dank, chronic, fire, etc.. Consumers assumed it was indoor or didn't care because the quality was top notch.

My buddy sold great outdoor locally in Cali, in the city, in an indoor snobby area. He would never mention it was outdoor, for a decade or more people loved it, didn't ask, didn't tell. He told me one day he mentioned to a long time customer that it was actually grown outside. The customer got pissed, threw a fit, and didn't call him back for a month. A month later, customer came back, said he tried all sorts of other peoples product, and nothing compared, so he came back to get some more regardless of how or where it was grown.

Early 2000's, bumped into some seriously hillbilly guys. Great people, like 3rd generation pot farmers. They had fresh Garberville Purple. Fantastic, out of this world grapes. Wasn't grown in Garberville, was more inland. Was so fantastic, I instantly hit them up to buy some pounds. They told me, their buyers took 10 a week, and paid 4k a piece so they never sold it to anyone else. Think that is the reason many people don't see fantastic outdoor. It has buyers lined up, it all goes to one place, and its not for sale. I imagine wherever those flowers went the consumers either thought it was indoor, or really didn't give a shit because it was just amazing period.

There is a lot of famous people that go into the triangle over the years to get head stash for their friends and family. Professional athletes, movie stars, artists, etc... When I start hearing about basketball players landing helicopters to buy factory grown indoor my opinion may sway a little.

Mr^^

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
https://www.salemnews.com/news/loca...cle_e11f5380-5b20-595a-a879-5389b92e3ad9.html

police in Mass pop a 160# shipment from cali and how does the chief value it?
5a554d010dbf5.image.jpg

DiGianvittorio said the marijuana could be worth $500 to $1,200 a pound, depending on its quality.
seems like a low ticket for east coast side, no?

i'm steady looking for $500 units of OG and cookies here people maybe I should call a cop for help finding a better connection?:biggrin:

MIDDLETON — Recreational marijuana may be legal in Massachusetts and, as of Jan. 1, in California. But that doesn't mean you can ship 160 pounds of the stuff across the country in a truck, police say.

Now a Lynn man is being held on $25,000 bail, charged with marijuana trafficking and conspiracy, after police say they found 140 bags of marijuana in a shipment from California destined for a Middleton business. A second man is also expected to face charges.

Paul Lyman, 37, was arrested outside a Middleton motel after police found him and a second Lynn man loading boxes of vacuum-sealed bags of pot into his SUV on Monday afternoon. Lyman pleaded not guilty to the charges at his arraignment Tuesday in Salem District Court.

Middleton Police Chief James DiGianvittorio said that even though recreational marijuana has been legalized in Massachusetts and some other states, the drugs in the intercepted shipment were not heading to any legal dispensary or outlet.

Instead, he said he believes, the marijuana would have ended up in the hands of teenagers or others who, under the law, are not allowed to possess it.

"It's pretty discouraging," the police chief acknowledged, "when you make a huge bust and the public perception is 'it's no big deal.'"

The investigation began Monday morning in Dracut, where workers at Severance Trucking noticed what looked like a bag of marijuana poking through a hole in one of the boxes that had arrived at the facility Friday on another truck, which had driven it across the country.

Investigators from the Dracut police and the DEA's Cross Borders Initiative Task Force brought in two drug-sniffing dogs,Viper and Misty. Viper indicated there were drugs in the boxes on one of the three pallets delivered to the facility. Misty, however, signaled that there were drugs on all three pallets, and then tried to climb atop one of them.

Each pallet contained multiple boxes, which were wrapped together in plastic. Investigators found a total of 140 vacuum-sealed bags of marijuana in the shipment.

The shipping labels indicated they had been sent from an address in San Rafael, California, and were scheduled to be delivered Monday to the address of a Middleton business, Hansen Aerospace.

Agent delivers shipment

A federal agent acting undercover arranged to drive the marijuana from Dracut to Middleton. That's where a man wearing a work shirt with the name of his now-former employer approached the delivery truck.

DiGianvittorio said Hansen Aerospace had no idea that one of their workers was using the company's Middleton address for the delivery, which was scheduled for after the warehouse had closed for the night. And, he said, the boxes never made it inside the facility. The worker has been fired, the chief said.

Instead, according to a police report, the worker loaded the boxes into his SUV. Down the road, in the parking lot of the Candlelite Motor Inn, the worker met Lyman and began moving boxes into Lyman's SUV. That's when Lyman was taken into custody.

Prosecutor Erin Bellavia asked for $250,000 cash bail in the case.

Lyman's attorney, Mark Barry, argued for a significantly lower bail of $1,000, saying his client was essentially a "patsy" who had been asked by the other man to help him move some boxes.

Salem District Court Judge Robert Brennan set bail at $25,000. Lyman did not immediately post the bail.

DiGianvittorio said the marijuana could be worth $500 to $1,200 a pound, depending on its quality.

A probable cause hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Does anyone know the ball park overhead cost reduction with a detailed a nd supplemented large green house facility compared to an equally large (sq.ft) total artificial light warehouse operation? Iam sure the supplemented/light dep hydroponic greenhouses are alot cheaper but what dollar amount per pound I have no idea. Ive heard of warehouse/artificial light ops going as low as 200/250 $ per pound??? Assuming double ended 1000 watt p.l. and/or Gavita fixtures. And even less with the latest and highly efficient (but $$$ to buy in) cob and board LED's.

that probably depends on how closely the lights are spaced in the greenhouse, and how long you run them for each day. and i'm pretty sure most big greenhouses are using 1000w systems not led's..

also factor in heaters / dehueys, probably need more in a GH

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
wholesale price currently seems to vary depending on your connections. i keep hearing of people getting 1200/lb but we have only gotten offers of 7-800/lb for 100packs. seems low but i might do it anyway just to unload bulk. driving around the state selling singles really sucks, and dispensaries arent taking much right now anyway, from what ive seen.

Lyfespan

Few buddies I know are getting 2200 per elbow. Last year it was 2400 firm around these parts. IE area of socal.

pax in the IE arent even moving at 16 or people are only moving a pak at a time. been waiting on movement for 5 pax for 8k

m4n

wholesale price currently seems to vary depending on your connections. i keep hearing of people getting 1200/lb but we have only gotten offers of 7-800/lb for 100packs. seems low but i might do it anyway just to unload bulk. driving around the state selling singles really sucks, and dispensaries arent taking much right now anyway, from what ive seen.

Sign me up lol

ExoticsRus

Boo hooo when $300-500 will be the only pricing ( if prohibition wasn’t here it’s the process and the harvest 75% )

Everyone needs to sell out and be productive ( don’t think Little growers can compete with them, at least with how they are presenting it now )before the prices show that and the Corp make it BS . Most people can’t see the difference in a swisher than a Cuban :(

Wendull C.

Veteran
pax in the IE arent even moving at 16 or people are only moving a pak at a time. been waiting on movement for 5 pax for 8k

This is very true right now, unless you have a rare cut or flavor. Watched blue cookies sell out in two days at 2800. People calling for more next day. Blue moonshine, very good pheno almost indistinguishable from the blue cooks at 2700. Same deal. If you have og, your'e lucky to get 1500. Premium cherry pie 2000. This is all ins.